HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Pre-Game Talk: Pens @ Carolina (April 9) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1398821)

Darth Vitale 04-08-2013 09:38 AM

Pens @ Carolina (April 9)
 
Will be interesting to see what the lines out of practice are today (are they still in Pittsburgh or down in Carolina already?) if Nealer's not in there.

In any case this should be a good opportunity for us to grab two points towards the 1 seed in the East. Carolina has been playing like absolute **** lately and their big offensive guys are all snake-bit lately.

cheesedanish87 04-08-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale (Post 63547985)
Will be interesting to see what the lines out of practice are today (are they still in Pittsburgh or down in Carolina already?) if Nealer's not in there.

In any case this should be a good opportunity for us to grab two points towards the 1 seed in the East. Carolina has been playing like absolute **** lately and their big offensive guys are all snake-bit lately.

Pens practicing in Pgh today, Pens getting a break with the schedule Canes play in Boston tonight.

Darth Vitale 04-08-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheesedanish87 (Post 63548229)
Pens practicing in Pgh today, Pens getting a break with the schedule Canes play in Boston tonight.

Should help our cause.

BeauKnows19 04-08-2013 10:02 AM

@penguins: #Pens hitting the ice for practice at Southpointe. Kris Letang is on the ice. He's been out of the lineup with a lower-body injury.
https://twitter.com/penguins/status/321276209596084224

Darth Vitale 04-08-2013 10:03 AM

Curious to see what the lines are but nothing posted yet.

BeauKnows19 04-08-2013 10:07 AM

James Neal is not at #Penguins practice. Will get an update afterward.
https://twitter.com/pgshelly/status/321277572287709184

Dying Alive 04-08-2013 10:10 AM

No big surprise on Neal. Hopefully it's a precautionary thing.

BeauKnows19 04-08-2013 10:11 AM

Practice underway at Southpointe. Crosby (broken jaw), Martin (broken bone) and Neal are absent #Pens
https://twitter.com/penguins/status/321278943179186176

BeauKnows19 04-08-2013 10:17 AM

No real line rushes but top 2 lines look like Kunitz-Malkin-Iginla, Morrow-Jokinen-Dupuis. #Penguins
https://twitter.com/pgshelly/status/321280507134476288

Dying Alive 04-08-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetsGoPens70 (Post 63549389)
No real line rushes but top 2 lines look like Kunitz-Malkin-Iginla, Morrow-Jokinen-Dupuis. #Penguins
https://twitter.com/pgshelly/status/321280507134476288

Nice.

BeauKnows19 04-08-2013 10:23 AM

3rd line is Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy. Four players rotating on fourth line. #Penguins
https://twitter.com/pgshelly/status/321281890441125888

BeauKnows19 04-08-2013 10:25 AM

#Pens lines/D-pairs: 14-71-12 10-36-9 24-16-48 15-27-19 44-4 41-5 2-3 58-47
https://twitter.com/penguins/status/321282268461162497

Dying Alive 04-08-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

penguins 11:23am via Twitter for iPhone

#Pens lines/D-pairs: 14-71-12 10-36-9 24-16-48 15-27-19 44-4 41-5 2-3 58-47
https://twitter.com/penguins/status/321282268461162497

Lim Ran 04-08-2013 10:27 AM

Well, at least Sutter isn't hurt.

Hopefully we have Neal for the playoffs. And Crosby. And Martin.

And Malkin, when he gets hurt. And Letang, as I'm sure something will happen to him.

Tanner Glass will be fine, don't worry.

BeauKnows19 04-08-2013 10:38 AM

I'm happy to see Despres getting a chance with Letang.

Darth Vitale 04-08-2013 10:44 AM

Guess it was too much to hope Dangles might get some love on the Top 6 with Neal out. Who knows maybe lines tomorrow will be different but I doubt it.

That 1st line does look pretty bad-ass though. Second one is a little scary.

Sivek 04-08-2013 10:48 AM

That second line...oof.

If someone would of told me the second line would be Morrow-Jokinen-Dupuis come April, I'd ask for a gun.

Darth Vitale 04-08-2013 10:58 AM

I don't see that working out particularly well. Because there's only one guy who can skate.

I guess they can use Dupuis as the first forechecker in, just play a dump and chase game... Jokinen gains the NZ, dumps the puck and Dupuis flies in to get it secured behind the goalline. Jokinen second guy in, tries to help Dupuis set up the cycle or maintain posession behind the net, Morrow goes straight to the paint?

wej20 04-08-2013 10:58 AM

Don't see the point of calling up Bennett if he's going to play on the 4th line.

Darth Vitale 04-08-2013 11:01 AM

Unlimited roster... you want him in the lineup in case someone else in the top 9 gets hurt. He can literally play on any line and there's a pretty good chance that whoever he replaces, he's at least as good an all-around player if not better, with the exception of Kunitz and Iginla, maybe Dupuis (defensively). Probably means more scratches for the Victorious One, though.

Ugene Malkin 04-08-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetsGoPens70 (Post 63549389)
No real line rushes but top 2 lines look like Kunitz-Malkin-Iginla, Morrow-Jokinen-Dupuis. #Penguins
https://twitter.com/pgshelly/status/321280507134476288

So Malkin should get some production. My total notion Neals struggles were what's holding back Malkin. I'm not liking the Morrow, Jokinen, Dupuis line though.

Le Magnifique 66 04-08-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetsGoPens70 (Post 63550251)
I'm happy to see Despres getting a chance with Letang.

Seems to me they're skating as #7-8

Ugene Malkin 04-08-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale (Post 63551125)
I don't see that working out particularly well. Because there's only one guy who can skate.

I guess they can use Dupuis as the first forechecker in, just play a dump and chase game... Jokinen gains the NZ, dumps the puck and Dupuis flies in to get it secured behind the goalline. Jokinen second guy in, tries to help Dupuis set up the cycle or maintain posession behind the net, Morrow goes straight to the paint?

F3 man, F3. Don't like Morrow being "that guy."

BeauKnows19 04-08-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 (Post 63551649)
Seems to me they're skating as #7-8

True. Hope this doesn't mean Letangs not playing.

Ugene Malkin 04-08-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetsGoPens70 (Post 63551767)
True. Hope this doesn't mean Letangs not playing.

You know how it goes. GTD.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:28 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.