HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Justin Schultz's "Return" to Anaheim (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1399179)

Potato Juice 04-08-2013 04:50 PM

Justin Schultz's "Return" to Anaheim
 
Seeing on how Schultz snubbed the Ducks to play for the Oilers, how do you expect him to be received in Anaheim? Will it just be an occasional boo, or will they be calling for his head?

Just curious.

muckbin15 04-08-2013 04:53 PM

boo's on every touch i would imagine. he will get run a couple times too i would also guess.

Turrican* 04-08-2013 04:53 PM

There will be the 50 duck fans from HF booing.
Everyone else will be confused cause they don't know who he is.

Lord Flacko* 04-08-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Potato Juice (Post 63567983)
Seeing on how Schultz snubbed the Ducks to play for the Oilers, how do you expect him to be received in Anaheim? Will it just be an occasional boo, or will they be calling for his head?

Just curious.

Have the Oilers and Ducks already played each other?

Turrican* 04-08-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Flacko (Post 63568123)
Have the Oilers and Ducks already played each other?

Nope.

We play each other today and a back to back on the last week of the season.

ohheyhemsky 04-08-2013 04:56 PM

I hope he gets booed.

Islanderfan17 04-08-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leman Russ (Post 63568119)
There will be the 50 duck fans from HF booing.
Everyone else will be confused cause they don't know who he is.

You'd be surprised. Just because a very small minority of fans post on HF doesn't mean there isn't a lot of hardcore fans out there who keep up with prospects and such. All it takes is some buzz stirred around it in the media, some booing at the game and people will start tagging on.

Old Man Barking 04-08-2013 04:57 PM

He will be booed by most in attendance. Signs will be made as well.

Potato Juice 04-08-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muckbin15 (Post 63568111)
boo's on every touch i would imagine. he will get run a couple times too i would also guess.

I wonder if the players feel the same kind of rage as the fans do.

jgoud 04-08-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muckbin15 (Post 63568111)
boo's on every touch i would imagine. he will get run a couple times too i would also guess.

Uh no. I'm pretty sure there's no bad blood between him and the current players.

Karl 04-08-2013 04:59 PM

This would of had more pizzaz if the Oilers and Ducks were closer in the standings, but because of the Ducks great season the loss of Schultz seems minimal at best. I would assume some fans will boo, but most Ducks fans are thinking about playoff matchups and who they want to see in the first round.

Turrican* 04-08-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRagingBolshevik (Post 63568311)
Classy.

Just like how Canuck fans said he would get boo'd the first game he played in Vancouver.

I didn't hear a single jeer.

KidLine93 04-08-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muckbin15 (Post 63568111)
boo's on every touch i would imagine. he will get run a couple times too i would also guess.

Hope whoever runs him can hold his own with Brown

Old Man Barking 04-08-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leman Russ (Post 63568419)
Just like how Canuck fans said he would get boo'd the first game he played in Vancouver.

I didn't hear a single jeer.

Right - because both situations are identical. Get a clue.

bishop12 04-08-2013 05:01 PM

He's been an absolute ghost the past 2 months. I've watched a couple Oiler games in the past 2 weeks. I had to check the boxscore to see if he was dressed.

Kalvinators 04-08-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgoud (Post 63568315)
Uh no. I'm pretty sure there's no bad blood between him and the current players.

This.
As much as i would not like to admit this, the players most likely won`t do nothing. But he would deserve something. Nothing health threatening, of course, though

Cory Trevor 04-08-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mind_the_gap (Post 63568477)
He's been an absolute ghost the past 2 months. I've watched a couple Oiler games in the past 2 weeks. I had to check the boxscore to see if he was dressed.

and people were saying he should get calder consideration. He's been irrelevant and the team is playing better right now. It's not a good recipe.


Schultz should be booed in Anaheim.

sansabri 04-08-2013 05:13 PM

if Anaheim actually cares, they can simply remind Justin that he ditched a team that is among the elite this year for one that's been a bottomfeeder for years with no identity.

Analyzer 04-08-2013 05:14 PM

He'll get a hat trick.

Chau Vo 04-08-2013 05:16 PM

Will the average Ducks fan in attendance even know who Justin Schultz is? There didn't seem to be much outrage when the Ducks lost him for nothing.

TheHudlinator 04-08-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leman Russ (Post 63568119)
There will be the 50 duck fans from HF booing.
Everyone else will be confused cause they don't know who he is.

Most Calgary fans booed Erixon's first game in Calgary so you never know.

HockeyH3aven 04-08-2013 05:16 PM

No offense to Duck fans, but I bet 90% of them will never have any idea he used to be property of Anaheim.

MarleauApologist 04-08-2013 05:19 PM

He will get booed, nobody is going to run him though. He made an off-ice decision, it's not like he injured Hall, Eberle, and RNH in one shift. I doubt the players even care.

BobDobolina 04-08-2013 05:20 PM

Anaheim is better off without that loser.

Kalvinators 04-08-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkEye (Post 63569047)
Will the average Ducks fan in attendance even know who Justin Schultz is? There didn't seem to be much outrage when the Ducks lost him for nothing.

What did you expect? Vancouver riots?
Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven (Post 63569053)
No offense to Duck fans, but I bet 90% of them will never have any idea he used to be property of Anaheim.

Any reason to think so?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.