HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Tampa Bay Lightning (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: Mark Barberio recalled (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1399191)

Alivesi 04-08-2013 04:56 PM

Mark Barberio recalled

http://blog.syracuse.com/crunch/2013/04/syracuse_crunch_12.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_med ium=twitter

BarberioTheBarbarian 04-08-2013 05:58 PM

+1 but who comes out of the lineup unless we go with 7d?

MattM92 04-08-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarberioTheBarbarian (Post 63570683)

Hedman is still out, no?

newham89 04-08-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarberioTheBarbarian (Post 63570683)

Taormina was reassigned. Only have 6 D on the roster.

TBLHoser 04-08-2013 06:22 PM

Looks like they're giving everybody 2 games to see how they do.

BarberioTheBarbarian 04-08-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newham89 (Post 63571705)
Taormina was reassigned. Only have 6 D on the roster.

Thats a headscratcher. he has been one of the better defensemen these past two games IMO.

The YzerJesus 04-08-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarberioTheBarbarian (Post 63574987)
Thats a headscratcher. he has been one of the better defensemen these past two games IMO.

I think Yzerman has just kinda given up on this season and just wanted to give Barberio some NHL games and see what he does.

Hockeyfan02 04-08-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Klinkhammer (Post 63575185)
I think Yzerman has just kinda given up on this season and just wanted to give Barberio some NHL games and see what he does.

Agreed, I don't think Barberio gets called up if they had won in Long Island and DC.

str8shooter 04-08-2013 09:42 PM

I must agree... it seems as though we've packed it in.

Steve Yzerman 04-08-2013 09:48 PM

Smart move. Yzerman knows when to hold them and when to fold them.

TampaBolt 04-09-2013 03:15 AM

I guess we have finally said goodbye to this season. Let's show some effort and progression for next year.

LightningStrikes 04-09-2013 07:55 AM

Excited for the kid!

bassassin 04-09-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TampaBolt (Post 63607275)
I guess we have finally said goodbye to this season. Let's show some effort and progression for next year.

I don't see why bringing Barberio up says that?

We have a crap PP, we lost Hedman our best defender at starting the breakout/leading the rush.

In the AHL we have Barberio who runs the Crunch PP and is their best defender at starting the breakout/leading the rush. Who else would you bring up given Taormina didn't stand out, except to get brutalised by Ovechkin.

To me this isn't a give up move, this is SFY giving the Lightning the best chance possible to win while also rewarding Barberio for his brilliant play the past couple of seasons and also getting a look for next season.

Now has the season already gone, yes probably. But Barberio is just separate to that IMO.

TampaBolt 04-09-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bassassin (Post 63614413)
I don't see why bringing Barberio up says that?

We have a crap PP, we lost Hedman our best defender at starting the breakout/leading the rush.

In the AHL we have Barberio who runs the Crunch PP and is their best defender at starting the breakout/leading the rush. Who else would you bring up given Taormina didn't stand out, except to get brutalised by Ovechkin.

To me this isn't a give up move, this is SFY giving the Lightning the best chance possible to win while also rewarding Barberio for his brilliant play the past couple of seasons and also getting a look for next season.

Now has the season already gone, yes probably. But Barberio is just separate to that IMO.

I am excited to see Barbeiro don't get me wrong. I watch a lot of Crunch (Admirals last year) games. My point was that probably Hedman won't return and Yzerman wants to see what Barb can do in NHL. Taormina was not as bad as you say in my opinion. I believe we can show improvement for next year and bringing up Barb and see what he can do is part of that notion. What would I like? That we win the next 9 games and get into the playoffs. Will it happen without Hedman? I would't bank on it with or without him. In the end Lets Go Bolts!!!!

Steve Yzerman 04-09-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TampaBolt (Post 63619621)
I am excited to see Barbeiro don't get me wrong. I watch a lot of Crunch (Admirals last year) games. My point was that probably Hedman won't return and Yzerman wants to see what Barb can do in NHL. Taormina was not as bad as you say in my opinion. I believe we can show improvement for next year and bringing up Barb and see what he can do is part of that notion. What would I like? That we win the next 9 games and get into the playoffs. Will it happen without Hedman? I would't bank on it with or without him. In the end Lets Go Bolts!!!!

Aren't there 10 games left? Winning all 10 games would almost guarantee us a playoff spot and Cooper would get the Jack Adams. It's definitely possible with all the talent this team has. They need to work hard though.

TampaBolt 04-09-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior4321 (Post 63620051)
Aren't there 10 games left? Winning all 10 games would almost guarantee us a playoff spot and Cooper would get the Jack Adams. It's definitely possible with all the talent this team has. They need to work hard though.

Yeah sorry I checked and saw we have 10 games left I thought it was 9. Hard work beats talent, when talent does not work hard in the words of Kevin Durant.

The YzerJesus 04-09-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior4321 (Post 63620051)

That'd be pretty awesome. But he'd have some competition from Quennville or however the hell you spell his name and Maclean. And Therrien.

Very unrealistic, but, we aren't mathematically eliminated. We'd have to go on one hell of a tear.

sbears 04-09-2013 01:09 PM

Out loud I keep saying, well that's it, that's the season, but inside I know I won't actually truly give up until it is mathematically impossible no matter how many games we'd have to win in a row. :laugh:

zeykshade 04-09-2013 01:22 PM

I'm just relieved that the Great Barberio European Migration™ has been averted. Stammergeddon™ was enough for this fan to handle. Not sure I would have lived through the GBEM™.

Clearly Yzerman reads this board.

Mindrust 04-09-2013 05:44 PM

What are your predictions for Mark Barbarian this season?

Follower of Yzlam 04-09-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindrust (Post 63637365)
What are your predictions for Mark Barbarian this season?

He'll get a few games... hard to tell, really. It's going to be interesting to see how his game translates. Hard to tell with Dmen.

Steve Yzerman 04-09-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeykshade (Post 63624717)
I'm just relieved that the Great Barberio European Migration™ has been averted. Stammergeddon™ was enough for this fan to handle. Not sure I would have lived through the GBEM™.

Clearly Yzerman reads this board.

It's not that far fetched that someone within Yzerman's office reads a hockey forum to be honest... :naughty: