HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Richards may join Carter on Phantoms soon (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=139962)

swflyers8* 04-20-2005 04:04 PM

Richards may join Carter on Phantoms soon
 
Maybe, nothing for sure yet since Michael is still playing:

Daily News article

CharlieGirl 04-20-2005 04:42 PM

Jeez, they can't wait until the London-Kitchener series starts? ;)

pitkanen>bouwmeester 04-20-2005 08:13 PM

Maybe he'll show up for a Phantoms second round series with Bingo? *knocks on wood*

MojoJojo 04-22-2005 12:27 PM

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=140232

:yo:

Ri hards 04-22-2005 10:11 PM

That fight's a beauty!

stanley 04-27-2005 07:29 PM

For the less technologically inclined of us, can somebody briefly describe how the fight unfolded?

CharlieGirl 04-27-2005 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanley
For the less technologically inclined of us, can somebody briefly describe how the fight unfolded?

I'm going from memory here Stan, but it was at the end of the game. Perry was punching a Ranger who was already down on the ice at the end boards - Richards took exception to it, and went after Perry. Perry started backing up and the fight took place near centre ice. Perry took a swing - it's up for discussion whether it connected or not, but Richards lost his balance, got up and went after Perry. They exchanged swings - Richards connected with a couple and got the takedown.

And guys.... you may have Richards soon - despite getting 3 assists tonight, his team is down 3-1 to London (lost 5-4 in OT tonight).

stanley 04-28-2005 02:29 AM

Hasn't a deadline for adding players to the roster passed?

Thanks for the review, CG.

John Flyers Fan 04-28-2005 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanley
Hasn't a deadline for adding players to the roster passed?

Thanks for the review, CG.

No, players that were playing in college or Juniors can still be added. Richardss will sign an ATO just like Carter.

IronMarshal 04-28-2005 05:56 PM

Neither one of those two can fight. LOL! I really like Richardsand he was clearly the aggressor, but Mike, buddy, keep the gloves on when you get to the show. Let those that know how throw 'em!

For those who did not view the video, or have never been in one of those, Richards was throwing them from waaaaayyyy down town, wild with no accuracy, both arms extended out as far as they could go, just wild flailing. Perry was messing his drawers, praying Richards would miss, and that the fight would be over soon. Perry was in constant motion ........ backwards, with Richards holding on with an outstretched left arm and his right back on some street corner in Detroit. It is very hard to connect solidily when throwing wild haymakers like that. It is a good thing these guys are playmakers.

paxtang 04-28-2005 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronMarshal
Neither one of those two can fight. LOL! I really like Richardsand he was clearly the aggressor, but Mike, buddy, keep the gloves on when you get to the show. Let those that know how throw 'em!

For those who did not view the video, or have never been in one of those, Richards was throwing them from waaaaayyyy down town, wild with no accuracy, both arms extended out as far as they could go, just wild flailing. Perry was messing his drawers, praying Richards would miss, and that the fight would be over soon. Perry was in constant motion ........ backwards, with Richards holding on with an outstretched left arm and his right back on some street corner in Detroit. It is very hard to connect solidily when throwing wild haymakers like that. It is a good thing these guys are playmakers.


....................um yeah. Richards has been both a willing and succesful fighter his entire junior career. He can throw with both hands. He's fought 9 times this year and IMO hasn't lost yet. The reason this fight was so sloppy was because Perry has never been much of a fighter except during these playoffs. They both went off balance. Earlier this year, Richards kicked Perry's ass big time.

So no, Richards isn't going to leave the fighting to "people who know how to throw em", because he knows what he's doing. Sorry.

CharlieGirl 04-28-2005 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paxtang
....................um yeah. Richards has been both a willing and succesful fighter his entire junior career. He can throw with both hands. He's fought 9 times this year and IMO hasn't lost yet. The reason this fight was so sloppy was because Perry has never been much of a fighter except during these playoffs. They both went off balance. Earlier this year, Richards kicked Perry's ass big time.

So no, Richards isn't going to leave the fighting to "people who know how to throw em", because he knows what he's doing. Sorry.

Don't forget that this fight came at the 20:00 mark of the third period of a very physical game - and where Richards was on the ice more than he was off. I'd much rather not see Richards fight - he's more valuable on the ice than he is in the box.

IronMarshal 04-29-2005 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paxtang
....................um yeah. Richards has been both a willing and succesful fighter his entire junior career. He can throw with both hands. He's fought 9 times this year and IMO hasn't lost yet. The reason this fight was so sloppy was because Perry has never been much of a fighter except during these playoffs. They both went off balance. Earlier this year, Richards kicked Perry's ass big time.

So no, Richards isn't going to leave the fighting to "people who know how to throw em", because he knows what he's doing. Sorry.

Hey, I'm glad to hear it. I hope he can, I also hope he leaves it to the fighters as he will be to important a player to risk injury or spend time in the box. If he is as good a fighter as you say, that explains Perry's fear. My point is that this video did not show a great fight, nor did it show a player who seemed to have any skill in that area. It was not a great fight. As much as I enjoy them, most fights are not that great, and this was one of those. But as I said in the beginning, I hope he is good. I am a fan, and was very pleased when the Flyers selected him. By all accounts, he is my kind of player.

FlyersGuy69 04-29-2005 10:55 AM

I would rather not see Richards fight. its a great thing that he can stand up for himself but I think its more important to have a player like him on the ice as much as possible. also, if he becomes that tuff, bigtime, get in your face type of player that the Flyers are hoping, I don't want players going out to taunt him into fighting to get him off the ice.

CharlieGirl 04-29-2005 09:27 PM

Well guys, Richards will probably be on his way within the next week. Kitchener lost tonight, so their season is done. I'm going to want reports!

JFF - you won't have to see him in a Rangers jersey again! :)

John Flyers Fan 04-29-2005 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl49
JFF - you won't have to see him in a Rangers jersey again! :)

:clap: :clap:

If he can be anything like our other Kitchener Ranger first round pick we will all be very happy.

CharlieGirl 04-29-2005 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
:clap: :clap:

If he can be anything like our other Kitchener Ranger first round pick we will all be very happy.

You're not kidding.... here's hoping Richards can continue that tradition!

Edit: By the way.... I just heard that Richards is heading to Philadelphia tomorrow!

John Flyers Fan 04-30-2005 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl49
Edit: By the way.... I just heard that Richards is heading to Philadelphia tomorrow!

Game 6 vs. Norfolk is Sunday night at 7... and can be heard on the internet.

FearTheFlyers 04-30-2005 08:32 AM

I saw something really special out of a man named Mike Richards this spring. Mike put his team on his back ,and leading by example, almost singlehandedly swept one of the best teams in the country.

I am so glad he is a future FLyer.

FlyersGuy69 05-01-2005 01:38 AM

here's a link to the Richards/Perry fight if anyone hasn't seen it yet. Joe Hallenback posted it in the Prospect forum.

http://rapidshare.de/files/1375320/v...Perry.wmv.html
for those who don't know how to use rapidshare...toggle down and click the Free tab - then toggle down to the bottom and you will see the Richards_Perry download. you might have to wait a bit for it to load.

The Joker* 05-01-2005 01:40 AM

Is Richards going to be playing with the Phantoms tomorrow or what's the news?

blah 05-01-2005 01:44 AM

Supposedly he was in Philly on Saturday. Once he signs his ATO we'll know more.

GKJ 05-01-2005 05:28 PM

No word of an ATO yet.

pitkanen>bouwmeester 05-01-2005 06:10 PM

We'll see if he's playing now that the game is starting........

Roger's Pancreas* 05-01-2005 06:55 PM

My guess is he gets a well deserved rest and will suit up later on in the next series. We have a good hold on this series and there's no need to hurry into anything.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.