HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Colorado Avalanche (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: Aittokallio recalled (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1399761)

henchman24 04-09-2013 11:44 AM

Aittokallio recalled
 
Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 55s
COL recalled goaltender Sami Aittokallio from the AHL. In other news, sports writers have begun to spell Aittokallio's name incorrectly.

Varly's injury might be a bit more serious than a tweak.

Edit:
Mike Chambers ‏@MChambersDP 2m
#Avs' Semyon Varlamov not at practice today. Everyone else accounted for. No bag skate ... yet

bohlmeister 04-09-2013 11:48 AM

In other news, Giguere has been re-assigned to Kazakhstan.

Varly is just faking.

Hopefully Aitto gets a game, but I don't think he is close to being ready. I am assuming they keep Pickard down because they are still trying to make the playoffs.

Ivan13 04-09-2013 11:52 AM

Sisu Sami!

henchman24 04-09-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bohlmeister (Post 63619689)
In other news, Giguere has been re-assigned to Kazakhstan.

Varly is just faking.

Hopefully Aitto gets a game, but I don't think he is close to being ready. I am assuming they keep Pickard down because they are still trying to make the playoffs.

My guess as well.

As for the game, I would say he might get the second of the back-to-back if Varly is out for a bit, but I would feel sorry for him having to play behind this defense against the Kings.

TwoPadStack 04-09-2013 11:56 AM

Welcome to the show, Sami. Hopefully he doesn't have to play.

CalderKing21 04-09-2013 12:05 PM

damn, i wanna see him in action but this is a little soon.
i think he will be a beast in the future but he's 1-2 seasons away from really being ready to fully help.

i wonder if he even gets into a game.
like others, i imagine that Pickard wasn't called up due to the playoff run.

Pierce Hawthorne 04-09-2013 12:06 PM

At this point, I dunno if we should give him a game or ride Giggy.

It'd be nice to see what he can do at the NHL leve. But playing behind this Defense would probably just destroy any confidence he has.

landesberg 04-09-2013 12:20 PM

Why Sami over Calvin? Calvin has been better and has been a call up already this season.

Not saying I'm not excited, but curious.

henchman24 04-09-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landesberg (Post 63621439)
Why Sami over Calvin? Calvin has been better and has been a call up already this season.

Not saying I'm not excited, but curious.

Lake Erie is still clawing for a playoff spot (which they won't get) and Pickard is their #1. So we took Aittokallio instead.

Ceremony 04-09-2013 12:27 PM

Good for him.

marioni 04-09-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne (Post 63620633)
At this point, I dunno if we should give him a game or ride Giggy.

It'd be nice to see what he can do at the NHL leve. But playing behind this Defense would probably just destroy any confidence he has.

Ride Giggy.

Bubba Thudd 04-09-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceremony (Post 63621779)
Good for him.

You should shorten your sig to just this:

"Itís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny."

R S 04-09-2013 12:32 PM

Good for him. I hope we get to see him play. Rest Varly the rest of the way and let's REALLY tank it up good.

cgf 04-09-2013 12:34 PM

After seeing first hand what the Flames are capable of, the Avs decide to up their own tanking game. Shrewd move Sherm the Werm, shrewd move.

Bubba Thudd 04-09-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings (Post 63622035)
Good for him. I hope we get to see him play. Rest Varly the rest of the way and let's REALLY tank it up good.

Giggy in net scares me, though. He really wants to win.

cgf 04-09-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne (Post 63620633)
At this point, I dunno if we should give him a game or ride Giggy.

It'd be nice to see what he can do at the NHL leve. But playing behind this Defense would probably just destroy any confidence he has.

Let Giggy get the first few, and then give Aitto a start or two once he's seen first hand how absolutely awful the team is and realizes that the worst thing that could happen is he'll play down to the level of his defense.

cgf 04-09-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd (Post 63622133)
Giggy in net scares me, though. He really wants to win.

Varly really wanted to win for a while to. Sacco, HunnyBunny, Zanon and co. will crush his spirit soon enough.

Congo Jack 04-09-2013 12:37 PM

Wonder if he likes Vegas.

R S 04-09-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd (Post 63622133)
Giggy in net scares me, though. He really wants to win.

But he won't with the team he has in front of him.

Bubba Thudd 04-09-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Congo Jack (Post 63622297)
Wonder if he likes Vegas.

He's just mad about Vegas because his wife said he can't go.

Foppa Frossa 04-09-2013 12:56 PM

Varly is injury prone! :scared:

cgf 04-09-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd (Post 63622803)
He's just mad about Vegas because he wife said he can't go.

Giguere's rant does become hilarious if you look at it in that light.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foppa Frossa (Post 63623279)
Varly is injury prone! :scared:

Shoulda traded him for Erat! :scared:

dahrougem2 04-09-2013 01:11 PM

Worst case scenario, Giguere goes down with an injury next game forcing Aittokallio to play the remainder of the season and he turns into World Juniors Aittokallio, sending the Avs on a 8 game winning streak to end the season being named team MVP in the process, Avs finish 10th and are dubbed the new Calgary Flames

GamingGiant 04-09-2013 01:17 PM

Colorado Avalanche Twitter

Quote:

Goalie Semyon Varlamov will not make trip to California (hip). Sami Aittokallio recalled from @monsterhockey.

Ceremony 04-09-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd (Post 63621879)
You should shorten your sig to just this:

"Itís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny."

I think I have much in right now as it's possible to have. Wouldn't have any less either.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:13 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.