HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Carolina Hurricanes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   All Purpose fantasy talk thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1399863)

DaveG 04-09-2013 01:47 PM

All Purpose fantasy talk thread

Just putting this here so that the board isn't cluttered with injury questions, goalie start questions, etc. Any and all questions pertaining to these matters for your pools should be directed here.

garnetpalmetto 04-09-2013 03:08 PM

I have a fantasy, Dave. Can I discuss it here? My fantasy?

To see one of these sometime in the near future

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_p...hurricanes.jpg

Finlandia WOAT 04-09-2013 03:17 PM

Motion to change thread title to "I hope your fantasy team sucks".

If fans of all 32 teams read it, it can't be considered trolling, right?

halleJOKEL 04-09-2013 05:06 PM

32 teams, eh?

DaveG 04-09-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto (Post 63630361)
I have a fantasy, Dave. Can I discuss it here? My fantasy?

To see one of these sometime in the near future

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_p...hurricanes.jpg

Now you're just out of your mind.... well unless it involves Kate Upton, now THAT'S a fantasy. :sarcasm:

Head Goose 04-09-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dins (Post 63635699)
32 teams, eh?

Are you forgetting the two that will be in Mexico?

halleJOKEL 04-09-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PublicEnemy (Post 63636727)
Are you forgetting the two that will be in Mexico?

Oh, great, just what we need... more sunbelt teams. :shakehead

Head Goose 04-09-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dins (Post 63636817)
Oh, great, just what we need... more sunbelt teams. :shakehead

Damn you Gary!

/threadderail

McTankel 04-19-2013 08:26 PM

Do you guys know if Ellis or Peters is starting the game tomorrow? Thanks!

Garbage Goal 06-15-2013 06:17 PM

Hey all, not to interrupt your board, but I'm setting up a Fantrax league (my personal favorite fantasy league site) for any fan of any team. For anyone who takes it seriously. Good luck with your actual hockey season, but if any of you are considering taking on another league or know someone who is interested this is where you can find the league info:

http://forums.dobbersports.com/showthread.php?t=153448

Thanks for your time. I'm letting people know all over the place so PM me if you have interest.

CBJ All The Way 07-12-2013 10:38 PM

Hey Boys! Im currently conducting a 16 team dynasty fantasy football league over in the fantasy football section on page 2, In case you do not know what a dynasty league is, it is very similar to a keeper league in that instead of only picking a few players to keep you retain your whole roster season to season. There will be a 2 round entry draft each season to place the incoming rookies. We are currently in round 5 and we have 2 teams open. The BearHawks and Harbaugh's Heroes, come take a peek and if you would like to claim a team or just ask a question feel free to shoot me a PM

Draft

Thanks!

leafs1habs0 09-24-2013 10:13 PM

Who is the #1 PP QB heading into the opener?

Corvo? Faulk?

Anton Dubinchuk 09-24-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leafs1habs0 (Post 71531669)
Who is the #1 PP QB heading into the opener?

Corvo? Faulk?

Definitely Corvo.

halleJOKEL 09-25-2013 07:11 AM

It's looking like Corvo should be handling the bulk of PP QB duty on the first pairing (along with Tlusty, Staal, and Semin up front and Skinner on the opposite point), but I wouldn't be surprised if Erik Karlsson or Jason Spezza end up seeing time there by the end of the year.

Novacane 09-25-2013 09:40 AM

Probably Faulk dman wise. Though I don't think he'll end up supplying that much offense. The main offensive threats from the point will end up being either Eric Staal or Alex Semin.

geehaad 09-25-2013 11:27 AM

I haven't watched a PP yet this preseason, but the odds aren't on Murphy being that guy?

raynman 09-25-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geehaad (Post 71546691)
I haven't watched a PP yet this preseason, but the odds aren't on Murphy being that guy?

We'll probably know more after the next two preseason games. They didn't start working on the power play in practice until this week.

Zombie Mike Murphy 09-25-2013 01:03 PM

On a semi-OT note...looks like my office isn't doing our NHL pool this year, so if anyone has a slot in a league they need filled drop me a PM.

wolfpack87 09-26-2013 02:45 PM

Got five spots left in an ESPN league, auction draft. Free of course.

Draft is this Sunday night, 9:30 PM.

Link to the league

geehaad 09-27-2013 03:13 PM

Want to take over the best team in this board's Keeper league?

PM/e-mail me. I think the draft is Sat night, but I can't confirm that via the Yahoo site...anyway, be prepared for that.

Chris Butler 09-30-2013 10:23 PM

Hey Flames fan here. I picked up Semin for my fantasy team and so I was wondering if someone could let me know whether or not his injury is going to affect him starting this week

raynman 09-30-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baerstcheese (Post 71775963)
Hey Flames fan here. I picked up Semin for my fantasy team and so I was wondering if someone could let me know whether or not his injury is going to affect him starting this week

Muller hasn't ruled him out and he's been skating on his own before or after practice. No one really knows though. Probably won't know until Thursday or even Friday.

pspot 10-07-2013 08:26 AM

Hey Guys,

I'm probably first of many to ask about Gerbe

I picked him up for this week (with 4 games) and my league is week to week match ups

he's getting serious minutes

Is this just a message by Muller or is Gerbe actually playing that well? worth fantasy run?

Thanks

I've had E Staal for years so big fan of the Canes and hope they have Mark soon :)

Also in Kitchener so great to see Murphy getting minutes

tarheelhockey 10-07-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pspot (Post 72155393)

Is this just a message by Muller or is Gerbe actually playing that well? worth fantasy run?

Gerbe really is fitting in well with this roster. He fills a role that was left vacant when they decided to move on from LaRose, and there's been no reason to think he won't continue to get those top-6 shifts.

I think he'll end up at around 18 goals and 40 points, so if you're in a league where guys are valuable at that scoring level you should probably hold onto him for now. Even better if your league counts shots because he's better at generating SOG than points.

pspot 10-07-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarheelhockey (Post 72157459)
Gerbe really is fitting in well with this roster. He fills a role that was left vacant when they decided to move on from LaRose, and there's been no reason to think he won't continue to get those top-6 shifts.

I think he'll end up at around 18 goals and 40 points, so if you're in a league where guys are valuable at that scoring level you should probably hold onto him for now. Even better if your league counts shots because he's better at generating SOG than points.

thanks, forgot about LaRose, that's a good way to look at it. He was always a guy who'd have some nice stats for an 'small name' type player

we count shots, the PP time is the intriguing part
any chance J Staal falls back in to his defensive role? I mean loses PP time for PK time ....and that time goes to Gerbe

ES, Skinner, Semin, Gerbe, Faulk 1st unit