HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   General Fantasy Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Best and worst trades you've made this year (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1400109)

mapes 04-09-2013 08:36 PM

Best and worst trades you've made this year

What are some of the best and worst trades you've made this year?

Worst:

Kadri and 2 firsts for Tarasenko and Duchene in a keeper league. We keep 17 guys so the draft is pretty weak, thought it was smart and still might be. But right now Kadri kills this deal.

Niklas Backstrom and Kane for Bernier and Eberl. I really felt Eberle would be around 10-12 this year and Kane around 20, those were my preseason rankings, I overvalued Eberle playing with his teammates in the AHL.

Best:

Spezza for a first and second in a different keeper league than I mentioned (this one we only keep 6). Spezza hasn't played and I have all my keepers set.

Malkin and Couturier for JT and Yakupov. I felt JT would be similar to Zmalkin, if not even better so it made it easy to accept

RNH and a 4th for Hall.

lati4 04-10-2013 01:15 AM

I traded Ovechkin for Vanek early, I gave up on Ovi right before he started getting hot.

It isn't a keeper league and I am still in 2nd place, but if I still had Ovi I would have ran away with the league

1Knee1T 04-10-2013 01:29 AM

I only made two trades all year. I swapped Michalek for Lucic, and I gave up Whitney + Jagr for Kunitz. I'd say I won those.

mapes 04-10-2013 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lati4 (Post 63672689)
I traded Ovechkin for Vanek early, I gave up on Ovi right before he started getting hot.

It isn't a keeper league and I am still in 2nd place, but if I still had Ovi I would have ran away with the league

Ouch. I shopped AO 4-5 weeks ago and everyone was saying no interest. It's a H2H league so it's still up for grabs. I forget them but I know every one of them would have been bad. Sometimes the best deals are ones you don't make.

mitchmagic 04-10-2013 08:08 AM

Worst:

I gave -
A. Semin
J. Schultz

for

A. Burrows
O. Ekman Larsson

I am really disappointed that I gave away Semin so early. I ended up getting rid of Burrows. Glad I have OEL but not enough for what I gave up.

--

A few good ones I made:

Z. Kassian
for
N. Horton

M. Del Zotto
for
J. Pominville

:)

Mitch

Shanny14ew 04-10-2013 09:40 AM

One year league:

BEST

I traded away Tarasenko while he was hot. I traded for Callahan who at the time was just coming back from injury and only had 4 or 5 points.

A few games after the trade, Tarasenko to IR and Cally got hot!

WORST

Getzlaf, Shattenkirk, and Varlamov

for:

Rinne, Bogosian, and Pavelski

Getzlaf started slow so I traded him a way for a hot Rinne coming off like 3 shutouts in 4 games. I needed a upgrade from Varly and Pavelski was red hot at the time for the Sharks. Since then Nashville keeps losing and Getzalf is a beast. oopsies.

***On a side note: If your interested in a BRAND NEW keeper league, visit the link below. 4 of 24 spots remaining. It's gonna be a blast!***

http://www.iffhl.proboards.com/

grN1g 04-10-2013 11:17 AM

non keeper league, but early in the year i traded Wideman + Luongo for Suter + Howard, I've been loving the ride ever since.

snipshow101* 04-14-2013 07:55 PM

traded Vanek + Gonchar for Ovie + seiderberg late in the season. I had picked up Gonchar off waivers just before he went on that tear, did this trade, a day later, Vanek was out for 7 games and Ovie got hot

SaintTavares 04-14-2013 08:23 PM

I traded Crosby, Phaneuf, and Blake Wheeler for Karlsson, Kunitz, and Jordan Staal. About two days after this, Karlsson met Matt Cooke.:cry:

couturefan39 04-14-2013 11:36 PM

I traded Dubynk and Fasth for Rask.

TennisBalls 04-17-2013 02:27 PM

Ribero & Hjalmarsson for Ward & Bieksa.

Both turned out to be bandaids.

Capslock17 04-17-2013 04:06 PM

didnt make any trades, but I dropped Marchand for Mcginn in early february, if that counts

HankieDankie 04-17-2013 09:36 PM

Worst trade

Fleury for Halak

Halak has played like 5 games total since.:help:

Schenn Bros Pizza* 04-18-2013 02:03 AM

Keith for Backstrom(WAS)

Eberle/Thornton for Tavares/Parise

Brunner/Tarasenko for Iginla/Conacher

Vanek/Kessel for Malkin/Couture

Couture for Benn

Fasth/Hiller for Ovechkin

All in the same league.

Immediately after I traded Hiller and Fasth Cam Ward went to IR so I panicked and traded Ovechkin for Lehtonen. So stupid.

I'm in championship right now.

Tavares
Backstrom
Parise
Benn
Malkin
Iginla
Suter
Burns
Bouwmeester
Carle
JVR
Gallagher

Quick
Lehtonen
Elliott
Pavelec

12 teams.
Go figure the guy I'm playing had Reimer and Holtby start so I'm gonna have a heck of a matchup.