HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Official Oilers rant thread.. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1401091)

Joey Moss 04-11-2013 02:02 AM

Official Oilers rant thread..

For those of us who are frustrated with watching this team just let it all out. Whatever is pissing you off about the Oilers feel free to share.

I for one haven't been this frustrated for a while. First of all, the breakout is the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen from the Oilers. Flipping the puck into the neutral zone and hoping for a good bounce or whatever it is they look for is not a very efficient way to breakout. Rimming the puck around the boards isn't ideal either. I have never seen a team get hemmed in their own end countless times for long periods. They turn the puck over and get manhandled in their own end. Another reason to hate Krueger.. he clearly hasn't brought it up because they do it every ****ing game.

Second, I'm sick of media/fans thinking we've actually improved. We are 3 points away from a top 5 pick this year! The shortened season might make it seem like we're improving but we really are not. Tambellini still being here is baffling. He has hired three coaches in his five year tenure! Pick a coach that can coach Tambi!! Krueger is well on his way to being the fourth. What kind of GM who has built an offensive style team hires a defensive coach? We're seeing teams like Ottawa and Montreal who hire a legitimate coach with strong management and they have both turned their franchises around in ONE season. Why are we not capable of improving after THREE?

And last, but not that important.. the shenanigans in the arena are terrible. The music they play, the way they entertain the crowd during commercial breaks.. just embarrassing. Play some music that might actually pump the crowd up. Enough of the Lady Gaga and Kesha crap. Also can't stand the shootout commentator. The guy belongs in Junior B leagues.

Just sick of the incompetent people running the show here. It's embarrassing being a fan of this team right now. The effort level in important games is horrible and our veterans are leading the charge. /rant..

Looking forward to the draft and yet another off-season with no changes.

Ice Whole 04-11-2013 02:15 AM

Our breakout is ****ing pathetic. Seriously, a peewee team has a better breakout then the Oilers. The vets on this team are garbage. Replace Smyth, Jones, Petrell (there are better players out there), Belanger etc. I wish we could replace Horcoff but that wont happen and as bad as he is, we do need him. Dubnyk is way too inconsistent. Lets in a soft goal every game which kills any sort of momentum we have. Our D is bad. Smid, Petry and Justin Schultz are fine. Nick Schultz and Whitney suck. I don't mind Fistric as a number 6 defencemen.

Most of all though, are management is a ****ing a joke. Tambo, Lowe and Krueger need to go. With the Leafs making the playoffs, the Oilers now have the longest drought of not making it to the playoffs. Just wish that these guys all would get fired. Look at Montreal, the overhaul that they did by cleaning the management, bringing in Bergevin and Therrien was huge and drastically improved their club. That is exactly what the Oilers need to do.

Bottom line, we still suck. The team IMO looks like they have regressed under Krueger. Outside of Hall, Gagner and Yakupov, no one plays with any emotion. It's pathetic to watch.

Del Preston 04-11-2013 02:20 AM

I'm watching 2006 videos and it makes me sad. :(

**** you so bad, management.

Shanahanigans 04-11-2013 02:44 AM

My rant:

**** THIS TEAM. **** THE PLAYERS. **** THE COACHING STAFF. **** THE MANAGEMENT. **** THE OWNERS. **** NORTHLANDS. **** CITY COUNCIL. **** THE ICE CREW. **** THE OCTANE AND WHOEVER CAME UP WITH THAT IDEA.

That is all.

Ice Whole 04-11-2013 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shanahanigans (Post 63739079)
My rant:

**** THIS TEAM. **** THE PLAYERS. **** THE COACHING STAFF. **** THE MANAGEMENT. **** THE OWNERS. **** NORTHLANDS. **** CITY COUNCIL. **** THE ICE CREW. **** THE OCTANE AND WHOEVER CAME UP WITH THAT IDEA.

That is all.

/thread

Gritzky98 04-11-2013 02:52 AM

Oilers suck and this teams gonna keep sucking forever until those ****ers Lowe, Tambellini, and friends are all gone, which we all know isn't happening. **** you too Katz you greedy *****, do something!!

spOiler 04-11-2013 02:53 AM

**** transition, cant ****ing score even though we have all this so called talent. No grit. The veterans look closer to the grave then retirement they are that bad. Dubnyk has good stats but has the iq of a pencil eraser based on some of his plays.
God these guys suck. Hall and Yak are the only reasons to watch this travesty....
Wreck it Ralph sucks.....

Dynamic 04-11-2013 02:55 AM

We traded Tom Gilbert for nick Schultz.....

The Bored Man 04-11-2013 02:57 AM

Not a rant, but: The guys who got us into this mess are still in charge.

That is terrifying.

thadd 04-11-2013 03:32 AM

Since this is a rant thread.

God dammit how can we expect to win a game if we only score one goal?!? AHHHH!!! LOUD THINGS! SHOUTING VERY LOUD THINGS.

Why does Dubby have to give up a lame goal before he's actually focused? AHHHH! NOOO!!

oilinblood 04-11-2013 04:27 AM

Im not even going to rant. I was stupid. I was blind.

Step away and look at the joke that is the oilers.

This isnt even being mad. The poor coaching and boring hockey has made me only step away and say how did we get in this mess.

And when i step back and breathe deeply i see its always been like this. This team has always been mismanaged. This team used to have the excuse of being low budget. Now they have no excuse to be boring, lazy, impotent, wimpy, worthless, snots because we can pay.

In all honesty, other than 2006 for the cup run, did we ever have an actual NHL team. When you looked at the roster did you see a 2rw at 2 rw, did you see a 3c at 3c, and a 4c at 4c. And for clarity a AHL4C is not NHL4c.

Nope. Other than 2006, this has never been an NHL team.

Our owner has a suite at GM place and used the team to help his now Billion dollar real-estate projects. Into the ground the Oilers will go. maybe he wanted to move to seatle so he could start caring about his team.

Not even mad. moving on. this was a bad relationship. taking a break. Oilers, you have not only sucked but you are just really boring. I need someone spicier. Like 25 other NHL teams. Im gonna go give them loving. But i might not because the NHL should really boot teams out of the league for being boring or put them on probation so i think ill take up NFL.

Hey Oilers. F you

I have a dream... its that NHL teams that are boring get demoted to the AHL and we promote the most exciting AHL teams to replace them for a year.

or better yet... people realize this is supposed to be entertainment. When they are bored... they boo and not spend more money on the conmans illusion.

lampshade* 04-11-2013 05:23 AM

Need a true leader, someone you can command the dressing room and when the going gets tough on the ice have a impact. Impact on the sense of dropping the mitts, shift the momentum. Unfortunately noone is this dressing room now/or the foreseeable future can fit this role.
Management is a whole different issue but not quite as pressing as the above mentioned one.

oilphan 04-11-2013 06:07 AM

Helluva message to send the team Tambo.

Pros and Cons 04-11-2013 07:05 AM

I love lamp.

First off, it doens't matter what we have to say, the team in the room has to take it upon themselves. 95% of the team gets a paycheque on any other team in the NHL, so it really doesn't matter what we think or what we say. The fact of the matter is the people in the organization who have a say, are not very good at applying it to success.

I realize these players are people, and it is ultimatly up to them to apply some sort of tactic to their efforts to properly succeed at the NHL level. One day this group has to realize to have a must win attitude, they must forge ahead and stop trying to pull junior hockey tricks in the NHL. The killer instinct is pretty much non-existant, and you can probably blame that on the leadership not righting the ship.
Every year it is pretty much the same teams drafting in the top 10, that has to account for at least a thought as to why.
This team is so exhausting to follow (but yet I can never separate myself from the suck because I love the Oilers) and probably the most bi-polar in the league. When I say bi-polar I mean all over the place and unpredictable. There is no system, no direction, no passion, no anything. These guys seem to be just taking a cheque and going to play video games and ping pong in between.
Come on guys, get it together (that means management as well). You are so much better then this. This losing culture is so frustrating.

Pros and Cons 04-11-2013 07:14 AM

Instead of paper bags, how about holding up signs that say

WATF?

What about the Fans?

or anything else you can think of.....

Perfect_Drug 04-11-2013 07:52 AM

Hey Brick! Where did you get a grenade?

The only reason I'd welcome Burke into this gong show is it means ownership no longer has ties to management.

How did Katz manage to build a business empire with these kinds of management strategies?

Gone 04-11-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynamic (Post 63739171)
We traded Tom Gilbert for nick Schultz.....

And isolated, embarrassed then bought out Souray (2nd top +/- in the NHL).

Concurrent with the rebuild drafting strategy, there had to be a strategy to fill in the bottom 6 roles, the bottom d-men spots ... clearly the parts of the rebuild that Tamblowe are utter failures at:

1) drafting beyond the top 10 spots;
2) winning a trade; and
3) signing a reasonable UFA / RFA contract;
4) effectively evaluating and signing an RFA (except Schultz with I thank Coffee/Grez for).

KLowe has had how many playoff appearances since taking over (2 in 12 year is it?), and Tambourine could get out debated in a kindergarten class. Sorry folks but with dumb and dumber at the helm, we'll be lucky to compare our rebuild to the Islanders or Panthers.

Gone 04-11-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfect_Drug (Post 63741723)
Hey Brick! Where did you get a grenade?

The only reason I'd welcome Burke into this gong show is it means ownership no longer has ties to management.

How did Katz manage to build a business empire with these kinds of management strategies?

I'd love to see Burke fire KLowe's ass out of town (after he kicks it in the barn).

Dorian2 04-11-2013 08:41 AM

Since this is a rant thread, I'd like to rant about the Management's lack of both putting the right players on the ice with our talented kids, and the apparent lack of being able to hire a coach that will properly allow this team to succeed at this time.

Fire MacT, hire Quinn (a snwest analyst now apparently, Renney (a coaching assistant), and Kreuger (I like him, but not for this team at this point in time)...then hiring MacT as a Manager :shakehead,

Everything everyone has been ranting about is basically true, and something has to change.

My typical viewing of the team right now consists of watching the game when the 5th repeat of Duck Dynasty is on a commercial break.

I spend more time trying to figure out when there won't be commercials on another channel so I can actually be entertained than watching this hapless failure of a team.

That's about the extent of it for me, anyways. I guess it all keeps this forum interesting at least.

ManByng 04-11-2013 08:43 AM

this team needs to grow a pair and start making some serious player moves starting at the draft and continuing over the summer. i'd be shocked and dissapointed if Hemsky is back next season. take a look at how improved the Jackets are after purging their team of Nash, Brassard, Mason and John Moore, as well as some pretty good d-men the last few years in Kris Russell and Marc Methot. they are now actually BETTER without these guys!

here's my take....RNH, Ebs, Hall and Yak up front do not move...everyone else is fair game.

on defense, Justin Schultz, Smid and Petry do not move...everyone else is fair game.

and i think we should stick with Dub in goal, but either re-sign Khabby to backup or sign someone else because we have nobody in the system who can do a competent backup job at the moment. my 2 cents on what this team needs to do before next season.

on a side note, most of the games have been so emotionless this year they have been very hard to watch...this MUST change as well, the sooner the better!

end of rant. :rant:

Turrican* 04-11-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManByng (Post 63742977)
this team needs to grow a pair and start making some serious player moves starting at the draft and continuing over the summer. i'd be shocked and dissapointed if Hemsky is back next season. take a look at how improved the Jackets are after purging their team of Nash, Brassard, Mason and John Moore, as well as some pretty good d-men the last few years in Kris Russell and Marc Methot. they are now actually BETTER without these guys!

here's my take....RNH, Ebs, Hall and Yak up front do not move...everyone else is fair game.

on defense, Justin Schultz, Smid and Petry do not move...everyone else is fair game.

and i think we should stick with Dub in goal, but either re-sign Khabby to backup or sign someone else because we have nobody in the system who can do a competent backup job at the moment. my 2 cents on what this team needs to do before next season.

on a side note, most of the games have been so emotionless this year they have been very hard to watch...this MUST change as well, the sooner the better!

end of rant. :rant:

****, move Petry if you have to.
I wouldn't care and I'm sure most other people wouldn't either.
We have an attachment to him because he is an Oiler since day one, but he isn't THAT good.

Gone 04-11-2013 08:54 AM

For those of you that say this team needs to make some trades, I have one question. Would you really trust this management group to win a trade?

Nunymare 04-11-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leman Russ (Post 63743201)
****, move Petry if you have to.
I wouldn't care and I'm sure most other people wouldn't either.
We have an attachment to him because he is an Oiler since day one, but he isn't THAT good.

When we have a 20+ page thread of people *****ing about trading Tobias Rieder, I assure you that most other people WILL care...

CupofOil 04-11-2013 08:56 AM

So something like this?
****ing piece of **** organization. ******** mother**** **** **** suck **** crap garbage Tambellini **** **** **** these clowns **** lowe **** **** crap garbage katz **** **** crap garbage krueger **** **** joey moss, nah joey moss is ok. **** **** *******s **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** Oilers **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****.
:):shakehead:help:

Seriously though, the team isn't THAT bad. Changes clearly need to be made but there are some positives to build on but then again, Tambellini doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. We can only hope that a nosedive at the end of the season will finally get his butt in gear and scare him into making the necessary changes. Probably wishful thinking on my part but wishful thinking is all Oiler fans really have.

Turrican* 04-11-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nunymare (Post 63743383)
When we have a 20+ page thread of people *****ing about trading Tobias Rieder, I assure you that most other people WILL care...

Well I meant he isn't untouchable like JS19 or Smid.