HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Player Discussion: Milan Lucic (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1401343)

Bi Coastal Bawse* 04-11-2013 01:21 PM

Milan Lucic

Instead of everyone randomly talking about Lucic in other topics. Maybe we can keep all Lucic discussion here?

I feel separating Lucic and Horton would benefit Lucic greatly. He will shoot more and stop trying to feed his friend.

Morris Wanchuk 04-11-2013 01:22 PM

I will reserve my judgement on Lucic until the playoffs. I used to get on him for not playing 100% every game, but multiple years in a row he injured himself and was useless.

However, if he puts in another crap playoff, I will not be happy.

RussellmaniaKW 04-11-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse (Post 63751481)
Instead of everyone randomly talking about Lucic in other topics. Maybe we can keep all Lucic discussion here?

I feel separating Lucic and Horton would benefit Lucic greatly. He will shoot more and stop trying to feed his friend.

Agree 100%. With the injuries right now I really think Claude needs to stop being stubborn and swap Horton and Seguin. I know he's looking for balance but we need at least 1 line where all 3 guys can finish.

As for Lucic, his inconsistency is infuriating because if he would just play a simple game he'd be a top 20 player in the league IMO and nobody would be able to stop him.

zaYG 04-11-2013 01:29 PM

Yep, Horton and Lucic need to be separated.

I have a hard time hating on Lucic as much as I do Horton, but honestly when I think about it, Lucic's contract looks bad...REALLY bad.

We need to put Jagr on his opposite wing.

13Hockey 04-11-2013 01:34 PM

Good- He's on pace for 50 points over 82 games

Bad - He's on pace for 11 goals

CamFan81 04-11-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcoSturm16 (Post 63752123)
Good- He's on pace for 50 points over 82 games

Bad - He's on pace for 11 goals

he's also on pace for his 2nd best hitting season of his career. (08/09)

rated over an 82g schedule - 259
Career high - 262

PatriceBergeronFan 04-11-2013 01:38 PM

It's absolutely insane to think he has 1 goal in his last 23 games (or is it 24 now?)...

The good: Still throws occasional big hits, intimidation factor

The bad: No goals? No anger? No fights? Those three are big factors to his game and none of them have been present.

The angry: I don't think he's played with much passion this season (or at least the level we are used to).

He had better show up in the playoffs or this contract will be questionable. I thought it was overpayment from the beginning but I was persuaded a bit by peoples' arguments about his intangibles factoring in....

-Andy 04-11-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamFan81 (Post 63752237)
he's also on pace for his 2nd best hitting season of his career. (08/09)

rated over an 82g schedule - 259
Career high - 262

That is the bizarre thing. I swear I never see half his hits and it seems like he is less physical. I have seen many times when he hits the guy after the guy has already made the pass.

Maybe 'timely hitting' is where he is lacking. Perhaps most of those hits are finishing the check rather than checking the guy off the puck. I dunno just throwing that out there.

kytem2 04-11-2013 01:54 PM

Most of Lucic's "hits" involve contact with the boards only, and no opposition player. This "hits" stat is kind of dumb.

WBC8 04-11-2013 01:58 PM

Man, really down on Looch after watching him live last night... I tracked him many shifts and he just flat out dogged it all night. He really skates hard in the O zone...but in the D zone he is God awful.

He has to get his Glen Murray taken away from him... That line needs one night in and night out hard worker.

WreckItRask 04-11-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk (Post 63751527)
I will reserve my judgement on Lucic until the playoffs. I used to get on him for not playing 100% every game, but multiple years in a row he injured himself and was useless.

I agree with this. Sort of a funny story. I vividly remember my brother (who played 8 years of minor league and Euro hockey) telling me during Lucic's sophomore season, something along the lines of: "he's a rare breed among NHLers, but he's not going to last more than 7 or 8 years in the league if he plays this way 82 times/year." I think we lose sight of this sometimes. I wish his effort was more consistent like most here, but I'm all right with him not hitting everything that moves, not fighting 15 times/year, etc. The fan in me wants him to do that stuff every night, but the ex-player in me is cognizant of the fact that you just can't do it. I do know this about him...when the rough stuff starts he always shows up without fail. If he can elevate his play come playoff time, and continue to be there when he needs to, then I'm all right with it.

Roll 4 Lines 04-11-2013 02:05 PM

He must have a high ankle sprain AND a deviated septum.

Bi Coastal Bawse* 04-11-2013 02:09 PM

Maybe being a new parent is weighing more on his mind than people think. He fights a lot and does deliver massive hits. Perhaps he is thinking about the future of him and his child. Future brain or body injuries that could linger.

Gee Wally 04-11-2013 02:13 PM

Too much. Too fast. Too young.

He needs to be hungry again.

Mike Yeos Eyebrows 04-11-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk (Post 63751527)

Exactly. Lucic was good in 2009 and 2010. He needs to be that guy again.

kytem2 04-11-2013 02:21 PM

PS Is there some kind of personal issue between Lucic and Marchand ?

I have never seen these guys even say a word to each other.

Morris Wanchuk 04-11-2013 02:25 PM

Put me down and someone who never cared to Lucic with Horton and Krejci.

1) Redundancy, well at least with pre concussion Horton. There was no defined forechecker on that line.

2) Lucic, though not fast, plays his best at a fast pace. I have come to grips with the fact that given time, in front of the net, he is going to shoot it right into the goalies pads. But moving fast, catching people off guard, and quickly putting the puck in the net.

I know it would never happen, but I would love to see Lucic with Seguin and a speedy right winger. I know the numbers don't show it, but I still feel his best season was 2008-2009.

Caper 04-11-2013 02:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kytem2 (Post 63754675)
PS Is there some kind of personal issue between Lucic and Marchand ?

I have never seen these guys even say a word to each other.

At least they can stand to be next to each other in photo shoots lol

Bi Coastal Bawse* 04-11-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caper (Post 63754993)
At least they can stand to be next to each other in photo shoots lol

What shoot is that? Anymore photos?

Baddkarma 04-11-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gee Wally (Post 63754271)
Too much. Too fast. Too young.

He needs to be hungry again.

This... His contract is going to haunt him I fear...

Caper 04-11-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse (Post 63755069)
What shoot is that? Anymore photos?

Not sure, tumbler site http://****yeahbruins.tumblr.com/post/5454610770

TMac21 04-11-2013 02:34 PM

I think he is trying to do too much, he just has to keep playing to his strengths.

Morris Wanchuk 04-11-2013 02:37 PM

I am pretty sure he scored his only goal with Peverley. right?

JMiller 04-11-2013 02:38 PM

He's trying to develop a thinking man's game.

The positive- He is much more conscious of being a playmaker and setting up teammates. He's trying to develop his tools into a more complete game.

The negative- His reactions are slowed, he shoots less and his game is often self-conscious and reactionary.

Even with the warts, he's still been one of the team's top forwards, is still very young (younger than Marchand by a month), and can still transform a entire game on any given shift.

Soderberg 04-11-2013 02:38 PM

Get him away from Horton.