HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   OT: Street Hockey+Long Island+Mother's Day *Updated* (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1402145)

niccolo19 04-12-2013 12:22 PM

Street Hockey+Long Island+Mother's Day *Updated*
 
Some people from these forums as well as other islander fan forums are going to play street/dek hockey tomorrow morning in Lindenhurst from 1030am-230pm.

We play in sneakers with a ball, no equipment necessary (stick of course, most people wear gloves, few wear shin pads) 5v5 with 2 goalies, maybe a sub each team. Ages range from 15-45 year olds, semi-competitive, very fun! We already have the two goalies, but if anyone wants to play forward or D, you are more then welcome to come. We have timed periods, we keep score, it is pretty cool. Plus we talk islander hockey.
Snacks and drinks are provided, so shoot me a PM if you want to come down.

If we get enough people we can do tournament style 3 teams of 5, game to 3 or 15 min. game (whichever comes first) winner stays on! Eventually the winning team gets tired and a new winning team will stay on. We play for several hours its a blast!

Matt

niccolo19 04-12-2013 01:57 PM

some video of last weeks game!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or-vT...ature=youtu.be

Chardo 04-12-2013 02:57 PM

Who's the dude rocking the fisherman jersey? Looks like fun. I used to play games like this all the time during the Cup years. I graduated from your 15-45 age group, but you have me tempted. It's been a long time.

Trollmonic 04-12-2013 03:08 PM

I used to play with the Isles-List (Digest) email list crew back in the day. I think Seph was part of that mob.

niccolo19 04-12-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chardo (Post 63824047)
Who's the dude rocking the fisherman jersey? Looks like fun. I used to play games like this all the time during the Cup years. I graduated from your 15-45 age group, but you have me tempted. It's been a long time.

Yea it is, we got a fence to fix the crappy boards lol. shoot me a PM if you going to come down I give you directions and my cell. I think the oldest guy is 46 actually, but we have overweight 40 year olds who are out of dhape play as well so age doesn'tt matter!

niccolo19 04-12-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strometrooper (Post 63824539)
I used to play with the Isles-List (Digest) email list crew back in the day. I think Seph was part of that mob.

yea i remember seph!

niccolo19 04-14-2013 05:40 PM

GG out there guys, some HF members showed up!

Heres a link to a video of us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzLPjuDjqpw

19NYSports91 04-14-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niccolo19 (Post 63948171)
GG out there guys, some HF members showed up!

Heres a link to a video of us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzLPjuDjqpw

Is that Venetian Shores in Lindenhurst?

19NYSports91 04-14-2013 05:47 PM

I play roller hockey in Deer Park every sunday..

niccolo19 04-14-2013 05:55 PM

yea it is and damn that blows. we played at deer park on a few saturdays but a lot of ppl show up. this rink is such a dump that its empty every sunday lol

19NYSports91 04-14-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niccolo19 (Post 63948891)
yea it is and damn that blows. we played at deer park on a few saturdays but a lot of ppl show up. this rink is such a dump that its empty every sunday lol

I'm 21 and I played roller my whole life and a little ice hockey as well (I would have played more if I didn't play baseball, too expensive for all 3).

I played dek hockey with a bunch of my friends in Farmingdale, but it was awful. They had no competition there. I will never play dek hockey again lol. Not a fan.

Bunk Moreland 04-14-2013 06:47 PM

Went by three rinks in parks on the south shore.. Baldwin harbor and Oceanside was packed bay park had a group using half the rink so we took up shop there. Nice to see so many people out there playing hockey and if both islanders and rangers continue being good you're gonna see a lot more of it.

PK Cronin 04-14-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 (Post 63948493)
I play roller hockey in Deer Park every sunday..

You play at John J? If so, we probably know each other haha.


I remember having practices for inline at Venetian, it got so cold in the winter time though it was almost unbearable.

19NYSports91 04-15-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriCycleDriveBy (Post 63961727)
You play at John J? If so, we probably know each other haha.


I remember having practices for inline at Venetian, it got so cold in the winter time though it was almost unbearable.

I been going down every Sunday morning at like 10:30-1. I wasn't there yesterday though lol. You play there every Sunday?

wihockey96 04-15-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 (Post 63971727)
I been going down every Sunday morning at like 10:30-1. I wasn't there yesterday though lol. You play there every Sunday?

I have been playing Thursday nights down there for the past year about haha

19NYSports91 04-15-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wihockey96 (Post 63974205)
I have been playing Thursday nights down there for the past year about haha

Ummm we might be from the same town going by your name lol. Some people told me to go on thursday nights because it's better competition, but I have class until 7:15 and the Isles always play thursday.

PK Cronin 04-15-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 (Post 63971727)
I been going down every Sunday morning at like 10:30-1. I wasn't there yesterday though lol. You play there every Sunday?

Nah, I moved about 2 years ago and just come back for the tournament during the summer. I know most of the guys down there on Saturdays though and am good friends with Jamie who runs the league.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 (Post 63975539)
Ummm we might be from the same town going by your name lol. Some people told me to go on thursday nights because it's better competition, but I have class until 7:15 and the Isles always play thursday.

He's my brother, so we're all from the same town haha. Maybe I'll have to come back up in one of the upcoming weeks to skate.

wihockey96 04-17-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 (Post 63975539)
Ummm we might be from the same town going by your name lol. Some people told me to go on thursday nights because it's better competition, but I have class until 7:15 and the Isles always play thursday.

Haha the one time I played Sunday there were a lot of people just starting out mixed with people who were playing forever. Thursday nights is pretty much everyone who has been playing for years so the competition is better. And that's why I haven't been down there in weeks, due to the Islanders playing Thursdays.

niccolo19 04-18-2013 12:05 PM

We are playing sunday at 1030am if anyone else wants to come down! (see first post)

19NYSports91 04-25-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wihockey96 (Post 64115105)
Haha the one time I played Sunday there were a lot of people just starting out mixed with people who were playing forever. Thursday nights is pretty much everyone who has been playing for years so the competition is better. And that's why I haven't been down there in weeks, due to the Islanders playing Thursdays.

I'm probably going to play tonight, and DVR the Isles game. What time do you guys usually play Thursday nights?

wihockey96 04-25-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 (Post 64629587)
I'm probably going to play tonight, and DVR the Isles game. What time do you guys usually play Thursday nights?

We try and shoot for around 730 or so. Seems like a good group of people are heading down tonight.

19NYSports91 04-25-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wihockey96 (Post 64633555)
We try and shoot for around 730 or so. Seems like a good group of people are heading down tonight.

okay cool, I'll probably get there around 7:45ish. Hopefully no one talks about the Islanders game, I don't like knowing the score lol. I'll be wearing red gloves.

PK Cronin 04-25-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 (Post 64634521)
okay cool, I'll probably get there around 7:45ish. Hopefully no one talks about the Islanders game, I don't like knowing the score lol. I'll be wearing red gloves.

If he goes, he'll be the 6 foot blonde doofus. :D

niccolo19 04-26-2013 12:14 PM

need Goalie for Street Hockey+Long Island this Sunday
 
We currently have a good semi-competitive game going on this Sunday morning in Lindenhurst. Currently we have 13 people but only one goalie. We need a goalie who can play from 1030am-230pm.

here is some video of our play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4h1Ht9Wc88

wihockey96 04-26-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 (Post 64634521)
okay cool, I'll probably get there around 7:45ish. Hopefully no one talks about the Islanders game, I don't like knowing the score lol. I'll be wearing red gloves.

I ended up not going, a bunch of friends wanted to go to Buffalo Wild Wings last night for the game. How was the game though?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.