HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Russia (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Upper League question (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=14024)

Wildcat 09-24-2003 01:50 PM

High League question

Are High League teams "farm" clubs to the Super League? I remember reading someones post a while ago saying that Mostovik (Kurgan) was CSKA's farm club. Is that true?

Thanks in advance.

montreal 09-24-2003 04:02 PM

Someone can correct me but it goes

Super league
High legaue (AHL )
1st league (juniors)

Captain Ron 09-24-2003 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal
Someone can correct me but it goes

Super league
High legaue (AHL )
1st league (juniors)

I have only been researching the PHL (The Russian Professional Hockey League) site for the last 4 months and it appears the clubs are not associated with one another.The high league is like the AHL but not affiliated with the Superleague teams.The farm club of CSKA is CSKA-2 which plays in a farm-club league.

Since there is no draft in Russia it seems that the superleague signs the best talent (probably because they have the most money).The lesser talent then signs with one of the lesser leagues.If they make an impact in a lesser league they then get signed to a Superleague team.

That is just my take on it.

Wildcat 09-25-2003 11:43 AM

Ya, sorry, I meant High League, not Upper League. I'll see if I can change that.

With my basic knowledge of the RSL I couldn't find any affiliation either so I thought I'd ask for my own peace of mind. Any time players were sent down the team is always referred to as CSKA-2 as an example, not a High League team.

Ideally I was looking for a site for all the "farm" players and how they and their team ranked but I suppose you have to get that info from the main RSL sites individually.

Thanks guy's..

RussianProspects 09-26-2003 09:08 AM

Super Leage - the top

High/Upper League - the AHL level of hockey. There are relationships between individual Super League/Upper League clubs. For example - Lokomotiv tends to loan it's players to Lipetsk. At one point they loaned players to Elemash. Lada tends to loan it's players to CSK VVS. The relationship is largely based on proximity to the Super League club.

1st League - juniors

Captain Ron 09-26-2003 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildcat
Ya, sorry, I meant High League, not Upper League. I'll see if I can change that.

With my basic knowledge of the RSL I couldn't find any affiliation either so I thought I'd ask for my own peace of mind. Any time players were sent down the team is always referred to as CSKA-2 as an example, not a High League team.

Ideally I was looking for a site for all the "farm" players and how they and their team ranked but I suppose you have to get that info from the main RSL sites individually.

Thanks guy's..

There is 2 "farm" leagues.Also known as 1st Leagues.

Center Region.....Teams

Severstal-2
Locomotive-2
CSKA-2
Dynamo-2
SKA-2
Soviet Wings-2
Torpedo-2
Khimik-2
Spartak-2
Lepetsk-2
HC-Belgorod
HC-Sarov
HC-Tambov
Roos
Velcom

Here is a link to their standings...

1st League -Center Region

The other "farm-club" league is the.....

Ural-Upper Siberia Region....Teams

Metallurg-2
Salavat Yuliev-2
Mechel-2
Traktor-2
Molot-2
Mostovick-2
Avangard-VDV....(Avangard-2)
Dynamo-Energy-2
Gazovick-University
Gordnyak Roodny
University

Here is a site where you can see their standings...(not updated very often)

1st League Ural-Upper Siberia Region