HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   So who do you wish we still had on the roster? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1402489)

NorthAlPredfan 04-12-2013 07:27 PM

So who do you wish we still had on the roster?

Who are the guys you miss most? Mine are Sullivan, Timonen, Hartnell, and Fiddler. We could use some of those guys right now.

I Will Son 04-12-2013 07:28 PM

Suter...

Ak

Preds Partisan 04-12-2013 07:31 PM

...... Houlder

Machinehead 04-12-2013 08:24 PM

Hartnell especially cause now he's on the Flyers. So now not only is he not a Pred I have to deal with him on a team I don't particularly like :laugh:

Paul Kariya, although he's before my time as far as the Preds go. I used to be a Ducks guy, but not since they changed the uniforms and Kariya was my favorite.

And possibly more than anyone else, Jerred Smithson. I know he wasn't the greatest player, but he was an unsung hero for me.

Preddownsouth 04-12-2013 08:24 PM

Lebda

Byrddog 04-12-2013 09:50 PM

Skraskins, Eaton, Sullivan, Orzagh Brunette

101st_fan 04-12-2013 10:06 PM

Of those still playing, only Sullivan. Maybe Dumont with our current forward situation.

TMI 04-12-2013 10:16 PM

Are we talking about the players they were, or the players they are now?

If it's the former I miss Sully, Kariya, Dumont, Timonen

If it's the latter I miss Suter and Hartnell.

NorthAlPredfan 04-12-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdManIn (Post 63848367)
Are we talking about the players they were, or the players they are now?

If it's the former I miss Sully, Kariya, Dumont, Timonen

If it's the latter I miss Suter and Hartnell.

I'm still a fan of Sully. He may not be the stud he once was but I think I'd take him on my team any day. He still has that work ethic from what I've seen of him this season. I hope when he finally retires he somehow gets into the Preds front office or maybe takes Mark Howard's spot on the TV broadcast.

Nitrous Mafia 04-12-2013 10:27 PM

hartnell

glenngineer 04-12-2013 10:31 PM

Sully and Walker. Walker was the hardest working man on Broadway and wouldn't let stuff slide on the ice. Sully had that same passion as well and for a little guy, had a ton of heart. I miss Tootoo as well for his bonecrushing hits that could change the momentum of a game. Obviously Suter. I'd even take back Hamhuis.

WartracePred 04-12-2013 10:44 PM

Bob Boughner. Not sure how he would measure up against our current dmen. Back in the early days, I knew nothing about hockey and he was my favorite. Seemed like a hard nosed gritty defenseman. Whether he was or wasn't, I can't say now. But that's how I remember him.

Nashville Transplant 04-12-2013 11:46 PM

Fisher, Yip, Wilson, Bourque, Gaustad for starters ;)

TMI 04-13-2013 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthAlPredfan (Post 63849049)
I'm still a fan of Sully. He may not be the stud he once was but I think I'd take him on my team any day. He still has that work ethic from what I've seen of him this season. I hope when he finally retires he somehow gets into the Preds front office or maybe takes Mark Howard's spot on the TV broadcast.

Sully is a player you love when he just needs to complement other players now. We don't need that. Pre-injury Sully would be fantastic. Sully now? Not so much. He would get buried by the other team's D every shift.

token grinder 04-13-2013 06:04 AM

I miss:

Walker's Toughness
Radulov's enthusiasm
Hartnell's attitude
Tootoo's energy that he brought to the building

I look forward to:
Weber's maturation into a Pronger like captain
the forward core evolving into meatheads-budish, beck, Forsberg, Watson etc. all big kids
the D growing up quickly, as in someone grab the brass ring next to klein or poile sign it
and I look forward to more stability as a franchise.

Legionnaire11 04-13-2013 06:45 AM

Then: Timonen, Kariya

Now: Hartnell, Suter

triggrman 04-13-2013 07:13 AM

If you added Kariya, Suter, Walker and Timonen to this team it would be fanstastic.

Joe T Choker 04-13-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman (Post 63856969)
If you added Kariya, Suter, Walker and Timonen to this team it would be fanstastic.

retired about to retire it seems that one hurts ... I'd also love to have Hartnell back :/

alexmanu 04-13-2013 10:03 AM

Suter AINEC. But I hate him for leaving.

MrMariusz 04-13-2013 12:41 PM

Shouldn't have axed AK46 from the team in the offseason, huge mistake by management. He is one of those players who can provide a spark in games, something we desperately require.

adsfan 04-13-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machinehead (Post 63841669)
Hartnell especially cause now he's on the Flyers. So now not only is he not a Pred I have to deal with him on a team I don't particularly like :laugh:

Paul Kariya, although he's before my time as far as the Preds go. I used to be a Ducks guy, but not since they changed the uniforms and Kariya was my favorite.

And possibly more than anyone else, Jerred Smithson. I know he wasn't the greatest player, but he was an unsung hero for me.

I agree, the Preds need a guy like him today. Hartnell too.

thecloser 04-14-2013 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machinehead (Post 63841669)

jerred smithson is my boy!! i miss him because of the grit and determination. he was nice for this team and all we got was a 4th! i know he's not necessarily worth more but i would like to still have him for the work ethic...

glenngineer 04-14-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecloser (Post 63924729)
jerred smithson is my boy!! i miss him because of the grit and determination. he was nice for this team and all we got was a 4th! i know he's not necessarily worth more but i would like to still have him for the work ethic...

And this pains me to say but I wouldn't mind having Smithson back either. He played hard every night and finished checks, something we sorely lack.

AintLifeGrand 04-14-2013 10:33 AM

http://cdn.ph.upi.com/topic_photo/Pe...768942764f885/

kypredsfan 04-14-2013 11:10 AM

Hartnell, Vokoun as a backup for Peks would be awesome as well.