HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Best young top-6 forward available for Cory Schneider (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1403763)

Vankiller Whale 04-14-2013 10:43 AM

Best young top-6 forward available for Cory Schneider

Not that I'm saying we should trade Schneider, but I think Vancouver should at least be listening to offers on him if Luongo is really as unmoveable as all that.

So, following in line with the Bishop-Conacher trade, I think trading him for something around a young top-6er or potential top-6er would make the most sense for us.

Some guys I would be looking at:

Ryan Strome
JVR
Evgeni Kuznetsov
Sean Couturier
Adam Henrique
Sven Baertschi

Would a deal around one of these players(or someone else?) make sense for the other team?

Philadelphia Ducks 04-14-2013 11:21 AM

I won't speak for the others, but I wouldn't move Couts for him. We brought in Mason to try and rebuild him to what he was in his rookie season and Couts is too important to us.

hlaverty06 04-14-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 63931459)
Not that I'm saying we should trade Schneider, but I think Vancouver should at least be listening to offers on him if Luongo is really as unmoveable as all that.

So, following in line with the Bishop-Conacher trade, I think trading him for something around a young top-6er or potential top-6er would make the most sense for us.

Ryan Strome
JVR
Evgeni Kuznetsov
Sean Couturier
Adam Henrique
Sven Baertschi

Would a deal around one of these players(or someone else?) make sense for the other team?

As much as I like Henrique, after Marty's contract is up...I wouldn't be opposed to dealing something around Henrique and Schneider

CREW99AW 04-14-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Ryan Strome
JVR
Evgeni Kuznetsov
Sean Couturier
Adam Henrique
Sven Baertschi

No thanks. Isles are hoping Strome develops into Tavares rw or the offensive 2nd line center, who pushes Frans Nielsen to the 3rd line.

He's played well in his brief stint in Bridgeport(6 games). He has a good chance of sticking out of training camp.

FishManSam 04-14-2013 11:24 AM

Leafs say no to JVR, management believes Reimer is and will be our #1 for awhile, they're only interested in a vet to ease the process and help him with the game.

MoreMogilny 04-14-2013 11:26 AM

As a Leaf fan, I wouldn't move JVR. He's too valuable to the top six.

Ron C. 04-14-2013 11:46 AM

Drew Stafford is available. :)

canucksPK 04-14-2013 11:49 AM

Honestly, I wouldn't move Schneids for any of the above guys. Elite goalies are hard to find, and I think Schneids is that.

Phion Keneuf 04-14-2013 12:04 PM

Leafs wouldn't move JVR.

Huge building block for us moving forward. And we have a young #1 goalie already.

laundryman 04-14-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks (Post 63932739)
I won't speak for the others, but I wouldn't move Couts for him. We brought in Mason to try and rebuild him to what he was in his rookie season and Couts is too important to us.

Agreed. Moving Couturier for a goalie at this point seems to be a poor use of his value (if the Flyers even wanted to move him).

blankall 04-14-2013 12:11 PM

Flames would not move Baertschi. Schneider is already in his prime, at 27, and the Flames are rebuilding. Teams looking to contend now would be better destinations for Schneider.

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS 04-14-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Ryan Strome
JVR
Evgeni Kuznetsov
Sean Couturier
Adam Henrique
Sven Baertschi

NYI will not trade Strome and not for a goalie. 2013 1st is more reasonable. Schneider holds good value for sure but good goalies are abundant.
A more realistic deal would be BRock Nelson or even Niņo but I wouldn't do it.
Top six on the team could be Grabber Okposo or Bailey

bumperkisser 04-14-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canucksPK (Post 63933767)
Honestly, I wouldn't move Schneids for any of the above guys. Elite goalies are hard to find, and I think Schneids is that.

he's just saying if luongo isn't movable..

would you rather have ONLY schneids and buyout luongos contract and get nothin from it

or have luongo + (a henrique/kuznetsov/whatever)

the gap between luongo and schneids if there is one, is definitely less than a top-6 forward

The Big D 04-14-2013 12:16 PM

Leafs say no to Schneider for JVR unless there's a nice + added to Schneider. 1st line power forward wingers on 35 goal pace > a startig goalie, which if you've been paying any attention to the leafs already have one of, maybe even a competent 1B in scrabbles as well. Enjoy your two headed monster killing $9.5 in cap :D

Anth93 04-14-2013 12:18 PM

Canucks will keep him and buy out Luongo. Remember they're just as smart as the other teams that want nothing to do with him.

bonzaibondra12 04-14-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Ryan Strome
JVR
Evgeni Kuznetsov
Sean Couturier
Adam Henrique
Sven Baertschi

Caps have two young goalies that have played well. No way the small increase in talent from Holtby to Schneider is worth Kuz. Especially since he could still develop into a better goalie than Schneider.

JuniorNelson 04-14-2013 12:28 PM

Luongo's sitch will never force a Schnieder move.

blankall 04-14-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuniorNelson (Post 63935557)
Luongo's sitch will never force a Schnieder move.

Won't force it, but could be the best move. The Canucks need a young top six, especially if Raymond walks. Schneider is the only asset they have that can be moved and will bring back a descent return.

ohnoeszz 04-14-2013 01:08 PM

No to trading Schneider. Under no circumstances do I trade Schneider. Luongo will prove moveable in the offseason and the Canucks don't need to bring in a young top 6(though it never hurts). Kassian and Jensen will get their chances on the top lines next year.

Tony Clifton Leaf 04-14-2013 01:31 PM

I wouldn't really be interested in moving JVR + for Schneider. JVR's the perfect second-line winger for us, and is locked down until after the 2017/2018 season. Reimer has a real chance to prove he's a number one right now, and I'm fairly confident in him.

This could all change by the draft, but even if we are back in the goalie market by then, I think it makes a lot more sense to go after a guy like Bernier for much cheaper.

lifeisruff 04-14-2013 02:49 PM

Ennis maybe, but with Vancouver's makeup, I'm not sure Ennis is what you are looking for.

Bourne Endeavor 04-14-2013 03:01 PM

To be perfectly honest. I'd add to Schneider if some of these players (most actually) were coming back; probably a first if something smaller was added on their end (second maybe.) I love Schneider but we desperately need an impact young player and I'd be willing to pay high to get one.

Wizeman* 04-14-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobloblawLeaf (Post 63938933)
I wouldn't really be interested in moving JVR + for Schneider. JVR's the perfect second-line winger for us, and is locked down until after the 2017/2018 season. Reimer has a real chance to prove he's a number one right now, and I'm fairly confident in him.

This could all change by the draft, but even if we are back in the goalie market by then, I think it makes a lot more sense to go after a guy like Bernier for much cheaper.

I can almost guarantee you the Canucks will never trade with the Leafs for another decade at least. You can bet on it. So dont worry about Schneider.

I think your plan to develop Remier is a good one, but I caution you on Bernier. He has been given VERY sheltered minutes behind a great defensive team to showcase for trade. At age 25, he is not a goalie capable of carrying a franchise. I dont know if he will ever become more than a mediocre starter for a second tier team.

Mystifo 04-14-2013 03:37 PM

No thank you. We will keep JVR and our version of Schneider. I mean with both of them in our line up we managed to get this close no reason to look at it now.

Vankiller Whale 04-14-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifeisruff (Post 63943037)
Ennis maybe, but with Vancouver's makeup, I'm not sure Ennis is what you are looking for.

I wouldn't mind something around Ennis, actually, although with Schroeder and potentially Roy on the team, I would rather try for something around either Armia or Grigorenko, not that that's at all likely. Ennis makes a lot more sense from a Buffalo perspective, I can tell. So while not a first choice, I do think it's a plausible fit.