HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   GBU Haha (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1404053)

Kc232 04-14-2013 06:51 PM

Haha
 
I love John Scott way too much

https://twitter.com/RealJohnScott/st...466496/photo/1

Enroth played well again.

PlamsUnlimited 04-14-2013 06:54 PM

...Well I really don't have any words for that

RiotAct 04-14-2013 06:55 PM

we won!!! That's good, right?

VaporTrail 04-14-2013 06:58 PM

Resign Scott if for comedic value alone....

ZZamboni 04-14-2013 07:00 PM

G-
Enroth was solid
D overall was good
Ennis

B-
Both teams looked lethargic
Missed opportunities with 2 on 1's


U-
John Scott with no shirt and the open fur coat :laugh:

Dubi Doo 04-14-2013 07:01 PM

I hope Scott is re-signed. That is all.

SwordsgoneWild 04-14-2013 07:01 PM

If we somehow manage to beat both Boston and Pitt (plus get some help) then I will allow myself to hope alittle.

This team just loves to mess with our heads.

Myllz 04-14-2013 07:03 PM

Vanek is SO checked out. I'd be real surprised if he's on the roster at the start of next season.

MARCUS FOLlGNO PHD 04-14-2013 07:05 PM

G: Enroth is my tee fine



Quote:

Originally Posted by Myllz (Post 63954781)
Vanek is SO checked out. I'd be real surprised if he's on the roster at the start of next season.

Playing devil's advocate, I wouldn't be surprised if the coaching staff told him to play at low gear. It's better than robbing Rochester.

HogtownSabresfan 04-14-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucky Gleason (Post 63954857)
G: Enroth is my tee fine





Playing devil's advocate, I wouldn't be surprised if the coaching staff told him to play at low gear. It's better than robbing Rochester.

He might do that on his own because he's worried about getting injured. But he wants to win. Do any of you people who say this stuff ever play sports? You can put bad players in the lineup to try and lose but everybody who is playing wants to win. Some put more effort into it than others but you want to win a game.

MARCUS FOLlGNO PHD 04-14-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan (Post 63955037)
He might do that on his own because he's worried about getting injured. But he wants to win. Do any of you people who say this stuff ever play sports? You can put bad players in the lineup to try and lose but everybody who is playing wants to win. Some put more effort into it than others but you want to win a game.

You're misinterpreting what I said. There's a whole spectrum between "try to lose" and "don't kill yourself pointlessly out there."

Squantosawuss 04-14-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucky Gleason (Post 63954857)
Playing devil's advocate, I wouldn't be surprised if the coaching staff told him to play at low gear. It's better than robbing Rochester.


Okay, here's where I try to give some insider/outsider insight. lol

My son wanted to get some Sabre autographs after yesterday's game. Since it was an early game (although still kinda freeeezzing outside), we waited by the player lot with a bunch of other nuts.
  • We saw Miller leave before everybody (prob since he didn't play)
  • We saw Leino walk to his car and not greet anyone :(
  • We saw and got autographs from Ennis, Kaleta, Ott, Scott, Enroth & Ehrhoff.
  • We saw the entire Flyers team leave on their bus.
  • We saw Pegula & wife leaving
  • We saw Mike Weber leave
  • We saw Sekera leave,
  • We saw Tyler Myers leave in his car with a few other players inside, none of them named Vanek.

We never saw Vanek.

Why all this? Well, maybe the guy's hurt and stuck around for some trainer TLC? There was only one really nice car left in that lot when we left. My son was convinced it was Vanek's. lol

Beerz 04-14-2013 07:36 PM

Vanek is not playing well...no doubt...

However... I think the "checking out" part is a little overblown.

People that "check out" don't get pissed when they mess up. Vanek is still pissy with himself when something doesn't go right.

Paxon 04-14-2013 07:37 PM

Good game. Depending on Flynn, Porter, and Hecht for offense is not very sustainable, but it's really all they have going right now.

Ruhwedel is definitely a legitimate prospect for this organization. Good pick-up. I expect him to get his first career goal in these 5 remaining games. He is already quite good at getting involved in chances and has showed poise in both ends (though still needs a lot of work defensively).

Afino 04-14-2013 07:42 PM

Scott looks like......an undesirable person who does bad things to people :laugh:

Myllz 04-14-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerz (Post 63956095)
Vanek is not playing well...no doubt...

However... I think the "checking out" part is a little overblown.

People that "check out" don't get pissed when they mess up. Vanek is still pissy with himself when something doesn't go right.

Or he's pissed he's playing with what's currently left on this team. AKA not much.

Taro Tsujimoto 04-14-2013 07:47 PM

Scott photobombing Rudy: http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocen...sole?id=239041

sba 04-14-2013 08:16 PM

Please resign Scott. Please.

Jacob582 04-14-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myllz (Post 63954781)
Vanek is SO checked out. I'd be real surprised if he's on the roster at the start of next season.

Spot on!

HogtownSabresfan 04-14-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucky Gleason (Post 63955289)
You're misinterpreting what I said. There's a whole spectrum between "try to lose" and "don't kill yourself pointlessly out there."

You don't do it on purpose. He might be worried about injury and that cases you to let up. Personally, I think Vanek has jut missed a view plays. Pucks not bouncing his way.

Beerz 04-14-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myllz (Post 63956415)
Or he's pissed he's playing with what's currently left on this team. AKA not much.


I agree..he's probably not happy....and probably won't be here next year...or at the latest the deadline...but.. I still don't see the "checking out".

SlugLife978 04-14-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan (Post 63958339)
You don't do it on purpose. He might be worried about injury and that cases you to let up. Personally, I think Vanek has jut missed a view plays. Pucks not bouncing his way.

That explains some of it, but it doesn't explain his complete unwillingness to shoot the puck out there. Tonight he chose to force passes rather than take the open shot on more than one occasion. Either the injury is really in his head, or something else is going on. I do think his problem is a lot more mental than physical, however, because he doesn't seem to be afraid of contact while back-checking. :dunno:

tsujimoto74 04-14-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sba (Post 63957901)
Please resign Scott. Please.

This. I think we need the comedic relief. :laugh:

Zip15 04-14-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sba (Post 63957901)
Please resign Scott. Please.

Why do you want Scott to quit?

Hyphens matter!

Rasmus Reichel 04-14-2013 09:13 PM

Hows the college kid looking?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.