HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Will TJ Galiardi be a Shark next season? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1404227)

DuckEatinShark 04-14-2013 11:43 PM

Will TJ Galiardi be a Shark next season?

TJ Galiardi will be a RFA after making close to $1 million this offseason. He's had trouble adjusting to the team last year after he was acquired at the deadline, but he's been decent this year. However, he might be looking for a more permanent top 6 role elsewhere.

Do you think he'll be a Shark next year?

Kitten Mittons 04-14-2013 11:47 PM

I hope so but I have a feeling he won't.

SharksAddict 04-14-2013 11:48 PM

If there is a team out there that thinks he can fill a top 6 role full time, I feel very sorry for that team.

TheJuxtaposer 04-14-2013 11:50 PM

Of course. What kind of question is that?

OrrNumber4 04-14-2013 11:57 PM

This is the player I think DW thought he had acquired last year.

Hatrick Marleau 04-15-2013 12:03 AM

Yes. I accidentally hit no in the poll though.:laugh:

Hatrick Marleau 04-15-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrrNumber4 (Post 63966403)
This is the player I think DW thought he had acquired last year.

Yup. He is playing with confidence now and is playing like the player DW was trading for. No doubt he is better than Mcginn if he is playing like this.

Negatively Positive 04-15-2013 12:08 AM

Gali and Demers both RFA's. Get benched for significant amount of the year. That could either lower their value so you can re-sign them for a lower price or it could piss them off where they want to go elsewhere where they get more stable playing time. It helps that they're RFAs though.

VP and GM 04-15-2013 12:10 AM

should be a depends on option.

It depends on whether of not DW can acquire/sign some better players or not, if not then yes, if so then no.

I'd add him to the package out bound for some better player/players, a sweetener do to speak.

SJeasy 04-15-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VP and GM (Post 63966835)
should be a depends on option.

It depends on whether of not DW can acquire/sign some better players or not, if not then yes, if so then no.

I'd add him to the package out bound for some better player/players, a sweetener do to speak.

DW has had a lot of issues recently in assessing lower line players for the lineup.

With the limited ice time, their price will not be high and offersheets will likely not be forthcoming (their RFA leverage). Better to sign them and try to upgrade than let them go and pray that they upgrade but end up with dregs that NOBODY wanted. The due date for RFA qualifiers comes before the UFA sweeps date.

sjshark91 04-15-2013 12:20 AM

If not they had better have a real good reason.

VP and GM 04-15-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJeasy (Post 63967077)
DW has had a lot of issues recently in assessing lower line players for the lineup.

With the limited ice time, their price will not be high and offersheets will likely not be forthcoming (their RFA leverage). Better to sign them and try to upgrade than let them go and pray that they upgrade but end up with dregs that NOBODY wanted. The due date for RFA qualifiers comes before the UFA sweeps date.

I don't mind signing him, he may be a contingency plan we need if we can't upgrade.

SJeasy 04-15-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VP and GM (Post 63967357)
I don't mind signing him, he may be a contingency plan we need if we can't upgrade.

They really need to worry about F2's since they unloaded Clowe and Zeus. Their F2 lineup is JT, Havlat, Gomez, Desi, Kennedy, Sheppard. IMO, Gomez pulls a Clark Gable on sweeps day (GWTW). They are fine on F1's and F3's, even if they lose Torres. F1's could get tight if Burns returns to defense.

F1
Burns
Marleau
Wingels
Galiardi
Torres
Burish

F3's
Marleau
Couture
Pavs
Wingels

SharksFan1 04-15-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau (Post 63966677)
Yup. He is playing with confidence now and is playing like the player DW was trading for. No doubt he is better than Mcginn if he is playing like this.

Well it does make it easier to play with confidence when you are actually playing.

SharksFan1 04-15-2013 11:31 AM

I think the much more interesting question is if they keep can/will keep Scott Gomez next year. 2 goals and 11 assists in 34 games is pretty respectable for the role he is playing here. Although I wonder what the UFA market rate will be for him.

SJeasy 04-15-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJeasy (Post 63967691)
They really need to worry about F2's since they unloaded Clowe and Zeus. Their F2 lineup is JT, Havlat, Gomez, Desi, Kennedy, Sheppard. IMO, Gomez pulls a Clark Gable on sweeps day (GWTW). They are fine on F1's and F3's, even if they lose Torres. F1's could get tight if Burns returns to defense.

F1
Burns
Marleau
Wingels
Galiardi
Torres
Burish

F3's
Marleau
Couture
Pavs
Wingels

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharksFan1 (Post 63979417)
I think the much more interesting question is if they keep can/will keep Scott Gomez next year. 2 goals and 11 assists in 34 games is pretty respectable for the role he is playing here. Although I wonder what the UFA market rate will be for him.

See the above. Figure a minimum of $2mil for Gomez.

DuckEatinShark 04-15-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjshark91 (Post 63967147)
If not they had better have a real good reason.

The thing is I'm not sure which Galiardi will show up next year. Will he be more like the Galiardi of last year that sucked, or will he be more like the Galiardi of the past few weeks? If someone offered a 2 year, $1.56 million AAV in hopes that he can be a good 3rd liner/fringe 2nd liner, should we match or take the 2nd rounder (RFA compensation)?

Keep in mind DW will most likely re-sign Torres in the offseason. No other reason to acquire him right? Where would that leave Galiardi?

Dicdonya 04-15-2013 03:22 PM

I think if he keeps up his play from recently he will get resigned. He's been doing noticeably better and a lot more like the player we thought he could be. Took him a while but he might have finally refound his game.

Gene Parmesan 04-15-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark (Post 63986099)
The thing is I'm not sure which Galiardi will show up next year. Will he be more like the Galiardi of last year that sucked, or will he be more like the Galiardi of the past few weeks? If someone offered a 2 year, $1.56 million AAV in hopes that he can be a good 3rd liner/fringe 2nd liner, should we match or take the 2nd rounder (RFA compensation)?

Keep in mind DW will most likely re-sign Torres in the offseason. No other reason to acquire him right? Where would that leave Galiardi?

If the Sharks want to continue playing a straight line game..they would be smart to re-sign both Torres and Terry Joseph. They won't be pricey.

Pinkfloyd 04-15-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicdonya (Post 63991839)
I think if he keeps up his play from recently he will get resigned. He's been doing noticeably better and a lot more like the player we thought he could be. Took him a while but he might have finally refound his game.

Galiardi never really lost his game. He was just with poor linemates most of the year that didn't compliment his skill set. Prior to shifting Pavelski to the third line, they didn't have him playing with other forwards that supported the first fore-checker very well. And that was if he was on a line that had him designated as that guy which sometimes with guys like Wingels and Desjardins, wasn't always the case. Galiardi is a poor F2 or F3. He's a pure F1 and has to be used that way with guys that know how to support the puck.

Clowe Me 04-15-2013 11:51 PM

Galiardi will be a Shark next season.

19sharks19 04-16-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicdonya (Post 63991839)

Yeh totally agree here. Along with not being stuck on a line with any longer with the likes of Burish and Zus, when he was here. If anything say a short term deal, 1 or 2 years to see if he has really turned his game around.

Phu 04-16-2013 12:34 AM

He seems to be having a blast with Thornton!

DrFeelgood 04-16-2013 12:42 AM

I hope so and i'm hoping Gomez gets the door

Phu 04-16-2013 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrFeelgood (Post 64034645)
I hope so and i'm hoping Gomez gets the door

I like gomez. well as a bottom 6. he is like an awesome wellwood.