HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   St. Louis Blues (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   GDT: Game 42: Blues vs. Vancouver Jaskin you shall receive (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1405235)

PocketNines 04-16-2013 11:41 AM

Game 42: Blues vs. Vancouver Jaskin you shall receive

hockey

2 Minute Minor 04-16-2013 11:47 AM

Well, I'll Jaskin...but I don't think he'll be too keen. You see, we already got one!

JustOneB4IDie 04-16-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PocketNines (Post 64047093)
hockey

Outstanding!

I'll be in section 331 tonight with my Alex Pie Home Blue Jersey on and look forward to seeing this Jaskin kid out there.

Uh, I wonder what the excuse will be if the 'note stink up the joint tonight against a "tired" Canuck team that played last night in Nashville. No more excuses, the season is in peril now.

Get r done Blues :bb:

MattyMo35 04-16-2013 11:50 AM

Go Blues.

TheRyanExpress 04-16-2013 12:03 PM

Please win. Or at the very least, get a point.

Blanick 04-16-2013 12:08 PM

Not feeling good.....

No not about the hockey game.... I've had the flu for last 2 days. I need a Blues win to help with my recovery.:help:

PocketNines 04-16-2013 12:09 PM

Oshie's not in tonight. As for who comes out of the lineup, Hitchcock said that decision is delayed until warmups.

IMO it'll be Reaves. Cracknell-Porter-Jaskin is my guess for the 4th line (or, lol, Cracknell-Berglund-Jaskin).

PocketNines 04-16-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blanick (Post 64048359)
Not feeling good.....

No not about the hockey game.... I've had the flu for last 2 days. I need a Blues win to help with my recovery.:help:

I had the flu not long back and it was brutal. Get better.

I have had the nagging fear this flu will hit the Blues in the playoffs like it did in 2003. This is a bad flu season.

SirPaste 04-16-2013 12:15 PM

Need a victory tonight, excited to see Jaskin play. Go Blues

YOUR FEARLESS LEADER 04-16-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Not feeling good.....

I had the flu over the weekend, have a terrible cold now

JustOneB4IDie 04-16-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Not feeling good.....

Get better Blanick. I've had the flu and other nasty brutal winter related health issues and will root hard tonight at Scottrade for a Blues win tonight for ya.

2 Minute Minor 04-16-2013 12:29 PM

The Canucks are pretty well cemented into the #3 spot, so this game is less meaningful for them. On the other hand, they have to realize the Blues are a likely first round opponent and they need to send a message.

The Blues need to make the home ice advantage mean something. Its been too easy for opponents to come into Scott Trade Center and get points. And if they let the foot off the gas, they'll find themselves in danger of sliding out of the playoffs (though the chances are pretty small that could happen).

I'm hoping rookie enthusiasm from Jaskin will infect the team's effort tonight. I'm expecting a desperate Blues win...and an "explosion" of at least 3 goals.

Oberyn 04-16-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor (Post 64049267)
The Canucks are pretty well cemented into the #3 spot, so this game is less meaningful for them. On the other hand, they have to realize the Blues are a likely first round opponent and they need to send a message.

The Blues need to make the home ice advantage mean something. Its been too easy for opponents to come into Scott Trade Center and get points. And if they let the foot off the gas, they'll find themselves in danger of sliding out of the playoffs (though the chances are pretty small that could happen).

I'm hoping rookie enthusiasm from Jaskin will infect the team's effort tonight. I'm expecting a desperate Blues win...and an "explosion" of at least 3 goals.

At this point, scoring 1 goal is an explosion for us.

TK 421 04-16-2013 12:58 PM

Do we get to steal the Stars hilarious"One team. One goal. Per game."?
Or were the rights to the phrase ours as soon as we got Hitchcock?

PocketNines 04-16-2013 12:59 PM

From Korac's pregame piece:

Quote:

"He looked a little off-balance taking nine days off when he first came here, and then I thought the last two days ... what convinced me to give him a chance and I'm kind of excited to look at him was we did a really hard down-low offensive drill yesterday," Hitchcock said of Jaskin, who he has compared to Marian Hossa. "It was a very difficult drill, and he scored against NHL players and it was a hard drill and he found the back of the net, he put it through the back of the net. I was really impressed. He got whacked around really good yesterday down low and he stood his ground and was determined to put the puck in the net."
Hitch arguing with Sobotka:

‏@jprutherford Hitch later conferred with Sobotka, who has played with Jaskins in the Czech Republic, and Sobotka reported back "not so much."

‏@jprutherford Hitch: "We had an evaluation comparison of a certain NHL player or two and he had a different one. But we were in the same hemisphere. (1/2)

‏@jprutherford "We were on one side of it and (Sobotka) said, "No, he's more like this guy.' He was a little bit different player. Similar country." (2/2)

Similar to Slovakia? Czech Republic (which Jaskin is)?

radapex 04-16-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PocketNines (Post 64050457)

‏@jprutherford Hitch later conferred with Sobotka, who has played with Jaskins in the Czech Republic, and Sobotka reported back "not so much."

‏@jprutherford Hitch: "We had an evaluation comparison of a certain NHL player or two and he had a different one. But we were in the same hemisphere. (1/2)

‏@jprutherford "We were on one side of it and (Sobotka) said, "No, he's more like this guy.' He was a little bit different player. Similar country." (2/2)

I'm 99.9% certain the player Sobotka refers to is Jagr.

Terror91 04-16-2013 01:10 PM

I think Hitch meant Hossa, and Sobotka meant Jagr.

PocketNines 04-16-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radapex (Post 64050677)
I'm 99.9% certain the player Sobotka refers to is Jagr.

Actually I doubt that. Hitch made that comparison, not Sobotka. I don't think they would've disagreed if Sobotka said Jagr since Hitchcock already endorsed that comparison himself.

bluesman11 04-16-2013 01:14 PM

1 goal?

2 goals?

3 goals?

4...that might be delusional!

tfriede2 04-16-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PocketNines (Post 64050457)

So who is/was a big, gritty Slovakian with skill that Sobotka may have compared him to? Zednik (I don't remember his playing style...just winging it here)?

Parayko Physics 04-16-2013 01:19 PM

Game 42, blues win 4-2, Backes gets 4 PIM's and 2 goals...

fcpremix88 04-16-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Not feeling good.....

I got the flu back at the end of March and I'm still coughing. Hope things work out differently for you.

Hopefully Jaskin is the X factor this team needs to actually score a goal. The last few games have been frustrating experiences.

Fluff Master 04-16-2013 01:22 PM

Yeah my bad, kind of forgot there was a game tonight. :help:
I'm excited for it now, my paper can wait, Blues game way more important.

I have my priorities straight.

radapex 04-16-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PocketNines (Post 64050967)
Actually I doubt that. Hitch made that comparison, not Sobotka. I don't think they would've disagreed if Sobotka said Jagr since Hitchcock already endorsed that comparison himself.

Hitch compared him to Hossa.

CarvinSigX 04-16-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tfriede2 (Post 64051205)
So who is/was a big, gritty Slovakian with skill that Sobotka may have compared him to? Zednik (I don't remember his playing style...just winging it here)?

One of the Statsny brothers? Marian?