HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Anton Khudobin (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1405999)

hlaverty06 04-17-2013 05:55 AM

Anton Khudobin

What will he command as a Free Agent? I'm a Devils fan and I know we're adamant our future is in the organization but I mentioned it a year ago that I wanted Khudobin really badly.

I know he's said he may want to go to Russia after the contract is over but what kind of $ will he command

Acallabeth 04-17-2013 05:59 AM

I'll be surprised if he goes to Russia. He didn't play in the minors for 5 years to give up on his real NHL chance.

I say he gets smth about 2M. A backup money, but a short contract to prove himself as a possible starter.

hlaverty06 04-17-2013 06:00 AM

I really would love the Devils to take a shot, if only Hedberg wasn't signed through next year

Man Bear Pig 04-17-2013 06:01 AM

Backup goalies with a limited number of NHL games cant command all that much. Back to Russia IMO

kp61c 04-17-2013 06:04 AM

back to ska for a big paycheck

Psycho Papa Joe 04-17-2013 06:09 AM

He's an UFAgent? If so I think he'll sign back in the NHL only if he has a legit shot at a #1 job. Calgary might make sense if Kipper retires.

Gary83* 04-17-2013 06:12 AM

Possibly one of the best backup goalies not currently starting in the NHL? Get on the phone Feaster!

nmbr_24 04-17-2013 06:17 AM

The salary cap dropping is going to have an effect on what he gets if he stays, but I am guessing he could make more money somewhere other than Boston if he decides to go the UFA route.

Boston has Rask, Svedberg in the AHL who I think was just named top goaltender in the league for this year and I believe he was MVP or top goaltender in the Swedish Elite league playoffs last year, and Subban who has had 3 shutouts so far in 10 playoff games in the OHL. He may not be worth quite as much to Boston as he would be to other teams but the Bruins also have a history with this management group of paying up and keeping the guys they want to keep. So we will see.

He has also shown some loyalty to the Bruins so if they decide they want to keep him I see him staying in Boston as long as the money is somewhat close.

In other words, I have no idea:laugh:

Robert Theodorson 04-17-2013 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlaverty06 (Post 64108507)
I really would love the Devils to take a shot, if only Hedberg wasn't signed through next year

I'm poking my Hedberg voodoo doll so the Devils can try to acquire one of Neuvirth, Bernier, or Khudobin.

don 04-17-2013 08:17 AM

I would love for THE BRUINS to resign him but don't believe it is in the cards because of the reduced cap. If a team wants to talk to him before he becomes a FA, I'd want a 2nd in 2013.

Zip15 04-17-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by don (Post 64110623)
I would love for THE BRUINS to resign him but don't believe it is in the cards because of the reduced cap. If a team wants to talk to him before he becomes a FA, I'd want a 2nd in 2013.

I don't think there's a snowball's chance a team gives up a 2nd rounder just to talk to him before July 1. A 6th or 7th if a team really likes him and has an extra pick or two to spare? Maybe. A 2nd rounder? No chance.

Acallabeth 04-17-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zip15 (Post 64112075)
I don't think there's a snowball's chance a team gives up a 2nd rounder just to talk to him before July 1. A 6th or 7th if a team really likes him and has an extra pick or two to spare? Maybe. A 2nd rounder? No chance.

Conditional on re-sign?

Shrimper 04-17-2013 09:39 AM

I wouldn't say no to having him had Vokoun not gotten better over the course of the season. He'd probably command around $1.5-$2.5m. He's a good back up.

Fleury14 04-17-2013 10:18 AM

I think his statement about going back to Russia was from before he was even an NHL regular. Now that he's somewhat "established", I don't see him heading home after putting in the time and spending 5 seasons in the AHL and ECHL.

Holden Caulfield 04-17-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrimper (Post 64113251)
I wouldn't say no to having him had Vokoun not gotten better over the course of the season. He'd probably command around $1.5-$2.5m. He's a good back up.

He'll get a heck of a lot better offers than being behind Fleury at 1.5 mil. I'm certain a team (maybe Calgary?) will be giving him a chance to be starter, or contend to be a starter at least.

I'm hoping the Jets sign him to a 2y, 4.5-5mil deal with the promise that's it's open season between him and Ondrej Pavelec for playing time. And considering how below average Pavelec has been he would have a great chance to be a starter next year getting 50-55 starts.

Frankie Spankie 04-17-2013 10:29 AM

I highly doubt he's going back to Russia like is being predicted early in the thread. Aside from playing in the KHL during this lockout, he has been in NA for the past 5 years playing for minor league teams. If he wanted to play overseas, he'd have done so years ago. And if there was any doubt about him wanting to play in NA, he would have stayed overseas when the NHL came out of the lockout.

I'd like for the Bruins to resign him for next season but would be happy for him if he signs elsewhere and becomes a starter. He's a good goalie that has been very patient and worked really hard for a chance in the NHL. I hope he finds success at some point in the NHL.

5RingsAndABeer 04-17-2013 10:37 AM

I'd love for the Oilers to trade for his rights

InfinityIggy 04-17-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe (Post 64108559)
He's an UFAgent? If so I think he'll sign back in the NHL only if he has a legit shot at a #1 job. Calgary might make sense if Kipper retires.

Id say thats unlikely, but wouldn't be shocked.

It looks like the Flames are going to run with Ramo/Berra and MacDonald as the fall back next year.

digdug41982 04-17-2013 01:54 PM

3 YRS/7.2M (2.4M per)

wubwubwubwub 04-17-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 (Post 64125477)
3 YRS/7.2M (2.4M per)

I could see it. I think Carolina, New Jersey, Edmonton would all be well served to look at him. He has at least 1B potential, imo, although I may be overvaluing him b/c he always finds a way to beat the Sens.

Zippy316 04-17-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion (Post 64125931)
I could see it. I think Carolina, New Jersey, Edmonton would all be well served to look at him. He has at least 1B potential, imo, although I may be overvaluing him b/c he always finds a way to beat the Sens.

I'd love to see him on the Devils.

However, the only way it happens is if Brodeur or Hedberg retire at the end of the year.

If Hedberg retires, Lou would be stupid to not try to sign Khudobin to a two or three year deal. He's practically NHL ready as a tandem goalie. A Brodeur/Khudobin tandem next year would be a lot more assuring than Brodeur/Kinkaid or Wedgewood.

wubwubwubwub 04-17-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zippy316 (Post 64127011)
I'd love to see him on the Devils.

However, the only way it happens is if Brodeur or Hedberg retire at the end of the year.

If Hedberg retires, Lou would be stupid to not try to sign Khudobin to a two or three year deal. He's practically NHL ready as a tandem goalie. A Brodeur/Khudobin tandem next year would be a lot more assuring than Brodeur/Kinkaid or Wedgewood.

Hedberg has a NTC, does he?

Brooklanders* 04-17-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmbr_24 (Post 64108617)
The salary cap dropping is going to have an effect on what he gets if he stays, but I am guessing he could make more money somewhere other than Boston if he decides to go the UFA route.

Boston has Rask, Svedberg in the AHL who I think was just named top goaltender in the league for this year and I believe he was MVP or top goaltender in the Swedish Elite league playoffs last year, and Subban who has had 3 shutouts so far in 10 playoff games in the OHL. He may not be worth quite as much to Boston as he would be to other teams but the Bruins also have a history with this management group of paying up and keeping the guys they want to keep. So we will see.

He has also shown some loyalty to the Bruins so if they decide they want to keep him I see him staying in Boston as long as the money is somewhat close.

In other words, I have no idea:laugh:

If you sign Anton then what do you do with Svedberg?

lampshade* 04-17-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer (Post 64115909)
I'd love for the Oilers to trade for his rights

Me too, what are you thinking? Belanger maybe smithson? We can't disrupt the "core".

Zippy316 04-17-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion (Post 64127479)
Hedberg has a NTC, does he?

Yes.