HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   NHL Entry Draft: SiCKNESSNHL's Mock Draft (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1406245)

SiCKNESS 04-17-2013 01:05 PM

SiCKNESSNHL's Mock Draft

1. Florida Panthers: Seth Jones
2. Colorado Avalanche: Jonathan Drouin
3. Calgary Flames: Nathan MacKinnon
4. Carolina Hurricanes: Aleksander Barkov
5. Nashville Predators: Elias Lindholm
6. Tampa Bay Lightning: Valeri Nichushkin
7. Edmonton Oilers: Darnell Nurse
8. New Jersey Devils: Hunter Shinkaruk
9. Philadelphia Flyers: Sean Monahan
10. Buffalo Sabres: Rasmus Ristolainen
11. Phoenix Coyotes: Max Domi
12. Dallas Stars: Bo Horvat
13. Winnipeg Jets: Adam Erne
14. Columbus Blue Jackets(Via New York Rangers): Nikita Zadarov
15. Columbus Blue Jackets: Artturi Lehkonen
16. Detroit Red Wings: Valentin Zykov
17. New York Islanders: Morgan Klimchuk
18. Washington Capitals: Alexander Wennberg
19. Ottawa Senators: Anthony Mantha
20. Calgary Flames(Via STL): Ryan Pulock
21: Buffalo Sabres(VIA MIN): Curtis Lazar
22. San Jose Sharks: Josh Morrisey
23. Columbus Blue Jackets(VIA LA): Frederik Gauthier
24. Toronto Maple Leafs: Kerby Rychel
25. Vancouver Canucks: Jason Dickinson
26. Boston Bruins: Ryan Hartman
27. Montreal Canadians: Laurent Dauphin
28. Anaheim Ducks: JT Compher
29. Calgary Flames(VIA PIT): Anthony Duclair
30. Chicago Blackhawks: Zachary Fucale

HockeyRulez 04-17-2013 01:18 PM

With Gudbranson, Kulikov, Campbell, Jovo on the roster and guys like Petrovic and Matheson coming I think finally filling the 1st line C role by drafting MacKinnon is what the Panthers should/will do.

Mozesmadness 04-17-2013 01:41 PM

A few notes:

I am pretty sure the Oil will take Monahan if they can, although Nurse is also a great option.

Lehkonen, Klimchuk, and Erne are too high

Pulock and Lazar are a bit low.

Also, Robert Hagg and Mirco Mueller have as shot at going in the top half of the first round, they will be 1st rounders for sure.

SiCKNESS 04-17-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mozesmadness (Post 64124881)
A few notes:

I am pretty sure the Oil will take Monahan if they can, although Nurse is also a great option.

Lehkonen, Klimchuk, and Erne are too high

Pulock and Lazar are a bit low.

Also, Robert Hagg and Mirco Mueller have as shot at going in the top half of the first round, they will be 1st rounders for sure.

Oilers need D bad, which is why they take Nurse.
Lehkonen and Erne fit with what Winnipeg and Columbus have done in recent drafts/what they need. Klimchuk would go to NY as Best Forwards available imo. Thought Lazar and him could end up swapping probably.
The Draft last year was so Defense heavy, that i think Mueller and Hagg drop to early 2nd round. Lazar is a bit low i agree, but i think Pulock is in the right spot.

Xoggz22 04-17-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyRulez (Post 64123841)
With Gudbranson, Kulikov, Campbell, Jovo on the roster and guys like Petrovic and Matheson coming I think finally filling the 1st line C role by drafting MacKinnon is what the Panthers should/will do.

They can take Jones and trade one of the others to Edmonton for one of their young forwards. It would be awfully tough passing on a guy like Jones.

Xoggz22 04-17-2013 02:45 PM

CBJ goes offense, offense, offense with their 3 picks and would likely pick Wennberg, Lazar, Mantha, Dickinson, Zykov before the diminutive Finn, Lehkonen. Zadorov would be nice but not for Columbus. based on your draft list and position I would prefer to see people put up Wennberg, Lazar and Gauthier.

ManByng 04-17-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

unless of course, one of Gudbranson, Kulikov or Campbell gets traded for a forward (like the Oilers Hemsky...one more year at 5 mil, and the Oil could get Campbell at 7+ mil), then you take Jones, but i see the point, i wouldn't make that trade and i would take MacKinnon for Florida as well.

ManByng 04-17-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SiCKNESS (Post 64126709)
Lehkonen and Erne fit with what Winnipeg and Columbus have done in recent drafts/what they need. Klimchuk would go to NY as Best Forwards available imo. Thought Lazar and him could end up swapping probably.
The Draft last year was so Defense heavy, that i think Mueller and Hagg drop to early 2nd round. Lazar is a bit low i agree, but i think Pulock is in the right spot.

the Oil still need good "D" pretty bad, but Nurse is a longer term project than Ristolainen is apparently, so if they did take a d-man it would be Rasmus.

however, if centers Lindholm or Monahan are still there, i believe they would be chosen first because i don't think Gagner will be this team's 2nd line center much longer...just a feeling i have.

Ashasx 04-17-2013 03:32 PM

What a steal it would be to get Pulock at 20.

SterlingArcher 04-17-2013 05:07 PM

Oilers are said to be very high on Barkov, Monahan and then lazar. If oilers can't trade up for a Barkov then they will try and sit and wait on Monahan falling to them if he is gone I thnk they either trade out of top ten and take lazar or just trade out of the first Completley and getting an nhl ready dman or centre.

LatvianTwist 04-17-2013 08:39 PM

Okay with Horvat, but not at 12. Would prefer Wennberg, Pulock, or Mantha there.

DesertDawg 04-17-2013 09:25 PM

some of those d'man are too low.
The Coyotes will pick Lazar before Domi.
I'm expecting a very entertaining draft (at least from this Coyote fan's perspective).

Quote:

I can see the Panthers trading the 1st to the Avs for the 2nd pick. The Avs need Jones more than Drouin as well.

It will come down to who wins the lottery.

thevil 04-17-2013 09:53 PM

I would think Fucale would go way before 30. Maybe even to the Oilers considering their lack of solid goaltending. And Fucale would go a long way for them.

Mozesmadness 04-17-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thevil (Post 64156807)
I would think Fucale would go way before 30. Maybe even to the Oilers considering their lack of solid goaltending. And Fucale would go a long way for them.

No....No.....No

Not at 7-8

There are bigger holes

TheJuxtaposer 04-17-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xoggz22 (Post 64127491)
They can take Jones and trade one of the others to Edmonton for one of their young forwards. It would be awfully tough passing on a guy like Jones.

Would that young forward be RNH? Because Florida needs a center.

Kurdt Kobain 04-18-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thevil (Post 64156807)

You're right, he would go before #30.... Toronto would be taking him at #24.

Xoggz22 04-18-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 64159207)
Would that young forward be RNH? Because Florida needs a center.

No idea (I'm a CBJ fan) but it seams like from the pieces involved they are two teams that could work with their strenghts to find a fit. Granted, as an innocent bystander I think Edmonton needs more experience than youth. It may go a long way for them to pull a trade like the CBJ did with Nash. Columbus got valuable pieces but the NYR got the best player. Without that trade Columbus is where FLA is without a doubt.

AwesomePanthers 04-18-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManByng (Post 64127877)
unless of course, one of Gudbranson, Kulikov or Campbell gets traded for a forward (like the Oilers Hemsky...one more year at 5 mil, and the Oil could get Campbell at 7+ mil), then you take Jones, but i see the point, i wouldn't make that trade and i would take MacKinnon for Florida as well.

Yeah, Guds/Kuli/Soupy for Hemsky.. what a steal for the Panthers:facepalm:

Panthers gonna take MacKinnon. Tallon doesn't wanna trade any of our highend prospects/young core players. Rather trade down 1 spot, and take MacKinnon.

rockinghockey 04-18-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SiCKNESS (Post 64126709)

EDM needs dmen bad but they are actually pretty deep in the prospect pool. Unless that dman can come in and improve the team next year then they will take Monahan.

Aela* 04-18-2013 03:31 PM

Leafs take Fucale, CBJ take Wennberg and Erne instead of Zadorov and probably end up taking Horvat/Zykov/Lazar/Gauthier with their last.