HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Adult league or shinny in North East GTA (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1407039)

Nbr-17 04-18-2013 12:21 PM

Adult league or shinny in North East GTA
 
Hi,
Last summer I moved from Mississauga to Stouffville and just finished my first season playing Sunday mornings in the Stouffville Amateur Hockey League.
I had a blast, but would like to find a second (or maybe third) skate for next winter that would be within a reasonable distance.
Anybody know of any leagues in the area?
Thank you.

Pcmm 04-18-2013 10:14 PM

There's lots around. Uxbridge has men's leagues for both under and over 40. They play Saturdays and Sunday afternoon/evenings. There's also a Friday night pickup game in Sunderland at 9:30pm during the winter. Sunderland is probably a 30 minute drive from stouffville and costs $10-15 per game.

There's lots around, you're just now in a part of the GTA that doesn't advertise everything on the web! So word of mouth is king. You just ave to keep your ear to the ground.

SeenSchenn2 04-22-2013 03:53 PM

If you're willing to drive down to Vaughan, there's a bunch.

Gavy 04-23-2013 06:42 PM

I play shinny in scarborough. Any interest in driving there? It's canlan ice sports scarborough

Nbr-17 04-24-2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pcmm (Post 64225149)
There's lots around. Uxbridge has men's leagues for both under and over 40. They play Saturdays and Sunday afternoon/evenings. There's also a Friday night pickup game in Sunderland at 9:30pm during the winter. Sunderland is probably a 30 minute drive from stouffville and costs $10-15 per game.

There's lots around, you're just now in a part of the GTA that doesn't advertise everything on the web! So word of mouth is king. You just ave to keep your ear to the ground.

Thanks, but since I already play Sunday mornings I'm looking for something during the week ;)
Maybe I'll check out Sunderland :)

Nbr-17 04-24-2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeenSchenn2 (Post 64457229)
If you're willing to drive down to Vaughan, there's a bunch.

What day, time and place?
Thanks.

Nbr-17 04-24-2013 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavy (Post 64531081)
I play shinny in scarborough. Any interest in driving there? It's canlan ice sports scarborough

Canlan Scarborough is pretty close. What is the day and time?
Thanks.

SeenSchenn2 04-25-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nbr-17 (Post 64572649)
What day, time and place?
Thanks.

http://www.sportsvillage.ca/shinny.html

I'm not sure if this changes for Summer Season, so you may want to call.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.