HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Pre-Game Talk: Islanders @ Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1407665)

bigplay41 04-19-2013 08:29 AM

Islanders @ Jets

What a massive game no doubt will be a playoff type atmosphere!! Lets go get these two points! We should all be Buffalo fans tonight a NYR loss and we move into 8th place based off our ROW

DespoticNewt 04-19-2013 08:33 AM

Isles need to lose this. Okposo Tavares Moulson are playing like their lives depend on it. Need to shut them down and pepper Nabokov with more shots than a New Jersey frat party. Let's do dis!

Resurrection 04-19-2013 09:08 AM

this game will be decided by 2 things: Pavelec vs Naby and LLW line vs the Tavares line. It feels pretty amazing to have meaningful hockey with 4 games left doesn't it?

King Woodballs 04-19-2013 09:15 AM

I guess I should start working on the gdt :laugh:

winterpeg 04-19-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Woodballs (Post 64252757)
I guess I should start working on the gdt :laugh:

Just do a prom vest edition, and stick everyone's head on Noel's prom vest. :laugh:

buggs 04-19-2013 09:30 AM

Need to see Buff grind Tavares along the boards a couple of times early in the first. Don't want Tavares injured, just looking over his shoulder every shift.

ps241 04-19-2013 09:34 AM

I believe that NYI have been the best team in the group we are chasing for a while. I know the Caps record is unreal but I have watched the Isles a few times and they have something special going on. I believe they are a slightly better team than us and they are much better on the road than at home. Up until now on this home stand there have been no easy games but we have been the favorite in each game IMHO. This game begins a very tough stretch of 4 games and I really hope the wheels don't come off now. If we win this game clean then we are in this until the last game. A clean loss and I sense we have to run the table then unless one of NYR or Washington go on a skid.

I am very proud of how the Jets have responded after their losing streak. We have had a magical run here in mid April and it has provided a poor manís playoffs for us.

Give us one more win on Saturday boys............please!

Chaosmonkey 04-19-2013 09:38 AM

I'm going to this game, hoping for a good win!

mzappa 04-19-2013 09:40 AM

Just WIN.

We'll get it in regulation. 3-1. :handclap:

Scheifele 04-19-2013 09:43 AM

Hey all! First post here, been lurking for about 7-8 years however. Former Atlanta Fan.

Last nights game was AMAZING! such a massive win. We need to continue this streak another couple games at least if we want in the 3rd or 8th spot. Realistically we can only lose like 1 game.

One thing that really bothers me is that we really can't afford to play Montoya or any other goalie really that isn't Pavs...and he's already played way too much this year, so if we do get in the playoffs I'm pretty concerned about how's hes going to handle this workload.

We need our Ladd - Little - Wheeler line going again vs the Isles and Buff and Clitsome to settle down a bit on the pinches or Tavares is going to eat them up.

This is incredibly exciting, I really think we're going to make it in this year~!

Huffer 04-19-2013 10:13 AM

Welcome aboard Scheifele!

Flair Hay 04-19-2013 12:45 PM

Section 320 on 420. It's a shame I couldn't be at the Ledge for the giant cloud of smoke, but I will try and do my part pre game and 2nd intermission.

Probably just as well, not too many hippies are Jets fans anyway I don't think.

This is a big litmus year for us. This team is starting to remind me a lot of Vancouver from the 05-08 years. I always figured they'd be stuck in a middle of the pack rut forever. But after several years with the same core in the same system with the same coach we are already starting to see some improvements. I feel like if we can add a key UFA once every year or two (Imagine Olli was actually good haha) and keep the core together we could be a dangerous playoff team much sooner than some of us think.

That said, GO JETS GO!!! Beat the Islanders, please and thank you!

Gil Fisher 04-19-2013 01:26 PM

Islanders will be quaking in their boots with us breathing down their necks in the playoff race. Quaking I say!

Lynk 04-19-2013 01:35 PM

I would be pleased with the Jets winning this one by a larger margin than most traditional NHL games are won by. I would also appreciate the offense coming from 1 member of the Winnipeg Jets team.

And that's all I'm gonna say.

alchemyindex 04-19-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhay1987 (Post 64263175)
Section 320 on 420. It's a shame I couldn't be at the Ledge for the giant cloud of smoke, but I will try and do my part pre game and 2nd intermission.

Probably just as well, not too many hippies are Jets fans anyway I don't think.

This is a big litmus year for us. This team is starting to remind me a lot of Vancouver from the 05-08 years. I always figured they'd be stuck in a middle of the pack rut forever. But after several years with the same core in the same system with the same coach we are already starting to see some improvements. I feel like if we can add a key UFA once every year or two (Imagine Olli was actually good haha) and keep the core together we could be a dangerous playoff team much sooner than some of us think.

That said, GO JETS GO!!! Beat the Islanders, please and thank you!

The bowl of Cheerios I had for breakfast this morning puck handles better than Olli, unfortunately.

ICdave 04-19-2013 01:52 PM

Coach Noel audio scrum

http://illegalcurve.com/wp-content/u...el-300x200.jpg

Coach Noel - Challenge presented by the Islanders. How many players has he faced this year better than Tavares? Is Kane ok? Controlling destiny. Importance of practice today. Juggling of the d-pairs. What are Hainsey & Byfuglien like as a pairing? Coaching at the NHL level.

To listen click here.

Wonko the Sane 04-19-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynk (Post 64265985)
i would be pleased with the jets winning this one by a larger margin than most traditional nhl games are won by. I would also appreciate the offense coming from 1 member of the winnipeg jets team.

And that's all i'm gonna say.

:dm::dm::dm::dm::dm::dm:

KCjetsfan 04-19-2013 04:35 PM

this one scares me...

DespoticNewt 04-19-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCjetsfan (Post 64275967)
this one scares me...

Gotaf7 04-19-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynk (Post 64265985)
I would be pleased with the Jets winning this one by a larger margin than most traditional NHL games are won by. I would also appreciate the offense coming from 1 member of the Winnipeg Jets team.

And that's all I'm gonna say.

Just a guess, Hainsey with 6?

Sweech 04-19-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotaf7 (Post 64276731)
Just a guess, Hainsey with 6?

That's all he's gonna say!!!

DarthMonty 04-19-2013 05:23 PM

This game makes me very nervous - stupid Saturday matinee game, the Islanders (who are playing some very good hockey lately) and the letdown that seems to dog the Jets when they've caught up to the teams they're chasing. I pray that they come out flying, and Buff lays the smackdown on Okposo and Tavares, otherwise it could be a very long afternoon.

Just win, please.

Oh, and I still believe.

Howard Chuck 04-19-2013 05:58 PM

I guess I hope for buffalo tonight???? I'm so confused.....

Lynk 04-19-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweech (Post 64277003)
That's all he's gonna say!!!

^^..

TroubaFan1 04-19-2013 06:56 PM

Im looking forward to this game, BIGTIME! I think the only game, I was more excited about, was the first game the Jets, came back. Go Jets Go! :handclap: :yo: