HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New Jersey Devils (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   GDT: The Worst GDT Ever: Devils host Panthers 1pm (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1408437)

njdevsfn95 04-20-2013 08:36 AM

The Worst GDT Ever: Devils host Panthers 1pm

Only if everything comes up Milhouse will the Devils make the playoffs.

Unfortunately, it looks like everything will come up Kirk instead.

http://i.imgur.com/46pSl.jpg

Status Quo* 04-20-2013 08:47 AM

Fire Matt Shaw

Luke3026 04-20-2013 08:48 AM

Is our season over yet? I need to know when I can start using the "half a cup" joke. ;)

Rob Nieds work ethic 04-20-2013 08:50 AM

Win!

AfroThunder396 04-20-2013 08:54 AM

I think we win what others will refer to as "the worst game ever played".

Nick0930 04-20-2013 08:57 AM

1 game win streak! Let's go for 2!

theking72 04-20-2013 09:11 AM

Win one for the kids in attendance

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/k...ps32e57aa6.jpg

NJDevs26 04-20-2013 09:22 AM

Well maybe we can see Kovy at least? Ironic our last home win came against the Panthers (FOUR WEEKS ago) which was Kovy's last game and he might come back today.

Another depressing reminder from Sherry:

Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ 10h
One year ago tonight, Martin Brodeur shut out Florida, 4-0, to even ECQF series at 2-2. What a difference a year makes.

Jersey Man 04-20-2013 09:28 AM

just win please. keep the hope somewhat alive.

NJDevs26 04-20-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jersey Man (Post 64312727)
just win please. keep the hope somewhat alive.

It's not even so much that. I just don't want to get eliminated at home today, and I don't want to get eliminated by the ******** at the Garden tomorrow.

None Shall Pass 04-20-2013 09:35 AM

Clarkie hatty!

NJDevs26 04-20-2013 09:48 AM

Kovy IS back and Sullivan a healthy scratch as Pete's lineup bingo continues.

Saugus 04-20-2013 10:02 AM

Pass some more of the Allied Biscuits over here, I need some snacks for the game.

SteveCangialosi123 04-20-2013 10:24 AM

why play kovy? should just rest him and complete the tank. winning hurts our team we need to sink this ship.

NJD Kula 04-20-2013 10:26 AM

If the islanders jets and rags lose every game the devils will not only make the playoffs but get to face the lowly habs in the first round!!!!

MartysBetterThanYou 04-20-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveCangialosi123 (Post 64314093)
why play kovy? should just rest him and complete the tank. winning hurts our team we need to sink this ship.

Ending on a good note is important for retaining/growing the STH base. If we go out with a winning streak, the fans who went to those games will be more enthusiastic about next season, playoffs or not, plus, Kovy's a guy who loves his team and the fans and wants to show that he still cares. A winning streak to end the season also builds the young players confidence (this is why Loki should be playing).

This is Sweden 04-20-2013 10:30 AM

Win for your european fans who sits up all night watching this crap

NJDevilsZG 04-20-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by This is Sweden (Post 64314271)
Win for your european fans who sits up all night watching this crap

this.

ALF AmericanLionsFan 04-20-2013 10:34 AM

Is it confirmed Kovy is back?

Richer's Ghost 04-20-2013 10:38 AM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1...amcuo1_500.jpg

gut shot - no more wind in these sails.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* 04-20-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartysBetterThanYou (Post 64314199)
Ending on a good note is important for retaining/growing the STH base. If we go out with a winning streak, the fans who went to those games will be more enthusiastic about next season, playoffs or not, plus, Kovy's a guy who loves his team and the fans and wants to show that he still cares. A winning streak to end the season also builds the young players confidence (this is why Loki should be playing).

So a 4 game winning streak to end a brutal 30 game stretch will erase the disaster that happend over a two month spand, seriously?

For me, one thing that can make me crack a smile before the start of the 2013-14 campaing is hearing Lou call out the name of a bluechip prospect at the draft and him announcing that he added a top #6 forward while amnestying Volch's ass.

NJD93 04-20-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALF AmericanLionsFan (Post 64314399)
Is it confirmed Kovy is back?

It's confirmed that Kovy's back might be a concern in the future.

Saugus 04-20-2013 10:48 AM

Hopefully it goes better for Kovy today than his last game against the Panthers.

Traitor Zach 04-20-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartysBetterThanYou (Post 64314199)

Most of the people I've talked to aren't renewing their ST unless ownership and Lou make a concerted effort this offseason. Winning a game or two at the end of the year where you **** the proverbial bed not once, but twice, is largely meaningless and fans are smart enough to see through that from their own perspective.

So your point holds little water on the ST front. A winning streak builds everybody's confidence but only in stretches where it really matters, but it does nothing for the success of the organization in total or next year's team either. The larger body of work will be judged and for the most part, it's been ugly this year aside from the first 10 games.

Unknown Caller 04-20-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traitor Zach (Post 64314851)
Most of the people I've talked to aren't renewing their ST unless ownership and Lou make a concerted effort this offseason. Winning a game or two at the end of the year where you **** the proverbial bed not once, but twice, is largely meaningless and fans are smart enough to see through that from their own perspective.

So your point holds little water on the ST front. A winning streak builds everybody's confidence but only in stretches where it really matters, but it does nothing for the success of the organization in total or next year's team either. The larger body of work will be judged and for the most part, it's been ugly this year aside from the first 10 games.

Then the people who aren't renewing are whiny *****es. This team was in the Stanley Cup Finals less than 12 months ago and hasn't really been playing poor hockey despite the losing streak. Unfortunately its a 48 game season so a prolonged losing streak and/or bad bounces can really dictate a season. Most of these people who want to see Lou make a "concerted effort" this offseason don't know their ass from their elbow. What would constitute a concerted effort? Big name signings? I hope they know there aren't that many big name UFA's out there. A big trade? I hope they know that we don't have many assets that we can part with.

I'm unhappy with Lou's decisions recently as well. But people who drop their season tickets after the Stanley Cup Finals and a shortened season are never going to be satisfied anyway. And when looking at Lou's options, what can really be expected? Unless you're willing to part with Henrique, Larsson, or potentially Merrill, I don't see what options he has. People just expect Rick Nash or Mike Richards to fall into Lou's lap.