HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Voynov question (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1408511)

TeachMeHowtoDougie 04-20-2013 11:21 AM

Voynov question
 
Hey guys, Bruins fan here coming in peace...Just wondering, what kind of future do you guys think Voynov has? What kind of point production would you expect from him year to year in the future? Where would you rank him when compared to the following players in terms of who you would rather have on your team looking towards the future?

Justin Faulk
Adam Larsson
John Carlson
Jonas Brodin
Ryan Murray

kingsfan 04-20-2013 11:45 AM

I'm not going to compare him to those guys because they are all great in their own right. I see Voynov as an Alexei Zhitnik type D-man, so someone that can score 30-50 poits a season and log 22-25 minutes a game in all situations. The kid is going to be a great #2/#3 d-man for a decade or more.

etherialone 04-20-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan (Post 64317063)
I'm not going to compare him to those guys because they are all great in their own right. I see Voynov as an Alexei Zhitnik type D-man, so someone that can score 30-50 poits a season and log 22-25 minutes a game in all situations. The kid is going to be a great #2/#3 d-man for a decade or more.

I agree with everything you said (again). Zhitnik was a much heavier hitter and liked the physical play more but other than that I think that Voynov and Zhitnik (early in his career) are really solid comparables.

I expect Voynov to produce 40-55pts and be a key #2dman for us for the next several years. To me with the exception of Faulk who I think is a step behind the rest of the players listed I agree that that they are all solid young D in their own right.

I wouldn't deal Voynov for any of the players listed though. We are lucky to have him.

gtwyc 04-20-2013 12:53 PM

agree with the other posters above. and will also add that he has a knack for scoring BIG goals for the kings

losingsand 04-20-2013 01:14 PM

Something underrated about voynov is his strength. He doesn't really impose himself physically, but the guy is tough to move off the puck. He measures up well when it comes to physical battles.

Can't believe he's got less than 100 regular season NHL games under his belt. He's going to be a stud in this league for a long time.

Puck U 04-20-2013 03:21 PM

I'd say it's more intelligence of knowing and utilizing body positioning and angles than strength, though I'm not saying he's week.

If you watch him long enough you will see he does make mistakes and turn the puck over and does get out muscled from time to time along the boards, just as any young defenseman would, BUT what sets Voynov apart from those other lesser blueliner's is his compete level and ability to recover for his mistakes.

He may turn it over, but his speed allows him to skate back faster than most, he won the faster skater in AHL 2 years back I think it was ? And he's smart enough to chose the right angles to force the play to the outside, use his body position to cut off stronger players from taking the puck to the front of the net, etc. etc.

It's like they say, can the Coach TRUST YOU to NOT HURT the Team ... Voynov may make mistakes, but he corrects himself in short order to where he rarely if ever hurts the team. Add to that his smarts at knowing when and how to pinch, or join the rush down low, and shot from the point on the PP ... his point production and goals will continue to be up there year after year as well. I hope Dean can work out a smart reasonable contract with Voynov that will keep him a King for many more years. :)

Voynov + Jeff Carter + 2012 Stanley Cup Champs >>>> Jack Johnson + Whoever that 1st turns out to be :thumbu: and I liked Jack :)

MsWoof 04-20-2013 04:00 PM

What's been a nice surprise is he never went into a sophomore slump. He was tiring at the end of last season but he's been terrific this season.

kingsfan 04-20-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonellisghost (Post 64320039)
I agree with everything you said (again). Zhitnik was a much heavier hitter and liked the physical play more but other than that I think that Voynov and Zhitnik (early in his career) are really solid comparables.

I expect Voynov to produce 40-55pts and be a key #2dman for us for the next several years. To me with the exception of Faulk who I think is a step behind the rest of the players listed I agree that that they are all solid young D in their own right.

I wouldn't deal Voynov for any of the players listed though. We are lucky to have him.

Funny. I meant to add the hitting aspect about Zhitnik but left it off for some reason.

As for Faulk, I'm a huge fan. I'm not sure his offensive upside is there, but that kid is going to have a long, impressive career. I see Eric Brewer at least in him, and that's not bad.

KingKopitar11* 04-20-2013 08:55 PM

Hes a real nice guy.

etherialone 04-20-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan (Post 64357367)
Funny. I meant to add the hitting aspect about Zhitnik but left it off for some reason.

As for Faulk, I'm a huge fan. I'm not sure his offensive upside is there, but that kid is going to have a long, impressive career. I see Eric Brewer at least in him, and that's not bad.

I too think Faulk is going to be a good one. He does have that look of one of those guys who just find their niche and then stick around for 20 years.

I think he isn't as skilled offencively as the others but I like his game too.

Vamos Rafa 04-20-2013 10:13 PM

He's better than any Ducks defenseman.

no name 04-20-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan (Post 64357367)
Funny. I meant to add the hitting aspect about Zhitnik but left it off for some reason.

As for Faulk, I'm a huge fan. I'm not sure his offensive upside is there, but that kid is going to have a long, impressive career. I see Eric Brewer at least in him, and that's not bad.

I like Faulk a lot. If he becomes Eric Brewer that's a steal. With that said I also think he's last on the list. i'd put Boston's Dougie Hamilton ahead of Faulk too.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.