HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Laughton to Edmonton (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1408697)

Greasy Sliders 04-20-2013 03:19 PM

Laughton to Edmonton

Do you think this guy would be a good fit in edmonton? What would it cost?

Teeder9 04-20-2013 03:22 PM

They'd want A dman I would guess. Marancin maybe

SchultzSquared 04-20-2013 03:23 PM

Klefbom for Laughton... helps both teams needs...

Teeder9 04-20-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SchultzSquared (Post 64333033)
Klefbom for Laughton... helps both teams needs...

Gotta say, I fully expected it to not be an Olier fan that brought up Klefbom

Greasy Sliders 04-20-2013 03:26 PM

I'd rather keep klefbom, so marincin/Germat + 2/3rnd ?

SchultzSquared 04-20-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greasy Sliders (Post 64333235)

I'd rather keep our 3rd maybe they would take a 4th and Plante instead...

Seriously it does not get any more fair than Klefbom... near identical draft position pedigree.. Flyers are solid down the middle for the future with Giroux Schenn Couturier and Oilers need a veteran LD before they need another young one... you have to consider both teams when you propose trades

Jack de la Hoya 04-20-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greasy Sliders (Post 64333235)

We'd rather keep Laughton. You can have Cousins. :sarcasm:

Klefbom is probably fair--but I don't know if the Flyers would do it. Probably depends who they end up drafting.

EDIT: What happened to Klefbom this year--injured?

Laughton was outstanding--one of the best players in the OHL.

Brewster 04-20-2013 04:17 PM

Klefbom for Laughton is fair. However, as an Oiler fan I wouldn't do it until I see where we end up drafting. If we are in a position to take Monahan or Barkov the deal makes little sense.

Jack de la Hoya 04-20-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brewster (Post 64336069)
Klefbom for Laughton is fair. However, as an Oiler fan I wouldn't do it until I see where we end up drafting. If we are in a position to take Monahan or Barkov the deal makes little sense.

Yeah, I don't imagine the Flyers would do it if they are in a position to draft Nurse either--not that their games are that similar, but the organization is very, very high on Laughton.

Tripod 04-20-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya (Post 64336213)
Yeah, I don't imagine the Flyers would do it if they are in a position to draft Nurse either--not that their games are that similar, but the organization is very, very high on Laughton.

I think I would do it. And then still draft Nurse if able too. Would be nice to have 2 D-men with lots of upside. Klef for this year then Nurse coming the year after or in 2 years.

Sloth Slothersons* 04-20-2013 05:46 PM

Sounds fair, but I'm not interested in moving Klefbom.

Joey Moss 04-20-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloth Slothersons (Post 64341719)
Sounds fair, but I'm not interested in moving Klefbom.

Agreed.

Devonator 04-20-2013 06:19 PM

According to a recent article about Laughton, other's teams scouts were calling him the best player in the OHL this year.....that is pretty solid praise from non bias sources...

The Nuge 04-20-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devonator (Post 64343595)
According to a recent article about Laughton, other's teams scouts were calling him the best player in the OHL this year.....that is pretty solid praise from non bias sources...

And non biased sources were calling Klefbom the best dman in the SEL this year before he got hurt. He's a non starter

Jack de la Hoya 04-20-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nuge (Post 64348449)
And non biased sources were calling Klefbom the best dman in the SEL this year before he got hurt. He's a non starter

There seem to be quite a few of those on the Oilers. :laugh:

Anyway, that's fine. I believe the OP is an Oilers fan. Klefbom would almost certainly be the ask. I can't think of any other reasonable return that would be appealing for the Flyers--and they'd have to be pretty high on Klefbom to pull the trigger.

GKJ 04-20-2013 07:17 PM

The Flyers see Laughton as an NHL player, so counter with one of them.

SchultzSquared 04-20-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GKJ (Post 64348763)
The Flyers see Laughton as an NHL player, so counter with one of them.

I could see Tyler Bunz as an NHL player if I wanted to I guess... does not mean he has the value of an NHL goalie... nice try though

The Nuge 04-20-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya (Post 64348741)
There seem to be quite a few of those on the Oilers. :laugh:

Anyway, that's fine. I believe the OP is an Oilers fan. Klefbom would almost certainly be the ask. I can't think of any other reasonable return that would be appealing for the Flyers--and they'd have to be pretty high on Klefbom to pull the trigger.

Doesn't matter that the poster who brought it up is an Oiler fan. Management has said Klefbom isn't going anywhere

Schenn Bros Pizza* 04-20-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnoctophas (Post 64349465)
Oscar Klefbom/Martin Marincin good?:help::shakehead

Hello we're trading for Scott Laughton here, not Claude Giroux.:facepalm:

Talking about your boy Tyler Bunz. Klef for Laughton would be pretty damn fair.

Jack de la Hoya 04-20-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnoctophas (Post 64349465)
Oscar Klefbom/Martin Marincin good?:help::shakehead

Hello we're trading for Scott Laughton here, not Claude Giroux.:facepalm:

...really? Who said he was?

Marincin and Klefbom are not interchangeable parts. Klefbom is a fair return; Marincin isn't.

GKJ 04-20-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SchultzSquared (Post 64349217)
I could see Tyler Bunz as an NHL player if I wanted to I guess... does not mean he has the value of an NHL goalie... nice try though

May be. I realize what the prefix is here, but are you trying to figure out fair value, or are you trying to make a deal? Big difference between the two.

Trafalgar Law 04-20-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schenn Bros Pizza (Post 64349669)
Talking about your boy Tyler Bunz. Klef for Laughton would be pretty damn fair.

Nobody offered Tyler Bunz for Laughton, the person who said that was responding to the post that Laughton is already seen as an NHLer despite playing a gargantuan 5 games, and therefore must return an NHLer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya (Post 64349777)
...really? Who said he was?

Marincin and Klefbom are not interchangeable parts. Klefbom is a fair return; Marincin isn't.

He was basically implying that. Also, Marincin is pretty good, he might have less value than Laughton, it's certainly not like offering Scott Laughton for Jordan Eberle or something.

Jack de la Hoya 04-20-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnoctophas (Post 64351275)
He was basically implying that. Also, Marincin is pretty good, he might have less value than Laughton, it's certainly not like offering Scott Laughton for Jordan Eberle or something.

Did anyone do that?

I don't think any Flyers fan has asked for more than Klefbom--which is a perfectly reasonable ask.

The Flyers need a reason to do the deal--so either an overpayment, or a fair return that meets their needs. Laughton was picked 21st, but has done nothing but improve his stock since. There's just not a reason to move him for Marincin + 3rd. Klefbom projects to exactly the kind of player that the team needs--and like Laughton, should be ready to contribute at an NHL-level sooner rather than later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnoctophas (Post 64351275)
Nobody offered Tyler Bunz for Laughton, the person who said that was responding to the post that Laughton is already seen as an NHLer despite playing a gargantuan 5 games, and therefore must return an NHLer.

He wasn't saying that because Laughton has already player in the NHL...he was saying that because Holmgren all but stated that Laughton will be in the NHL next year...

SchultzSquared 04-20-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya (Post 64351533)
He wasn't saying that because Laughton has already player in the NHL...he was saying that because Holmgren all but stated that Laughton will be in the NHL next year...

Which is fine because Krueger has penciled Klefbom onto the third pairing... they are basically an identical value... with the upside of the swap addressing team needs... there is your "overpayment" I guess... but I think what certain folks in this thread do not get is that trades- yes real life trades- are not about ripping off other teams... or making all your dance partners look like Milbury... they are about helping your team first

I guess waht GKJ needs to decide... outside of grandstanding... is whether:

a) Trades is fair value
b) Trade addresses need

If he or she answers yes to both to those... the orange glasses can be put down and we can have reasonable discussion... honestly shocked how hard this is to get...

Jack de la Hoya 04-20-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SchultzSquared (Post 64352537)
Which is fine because Krueger has penciled Klefbom onto the third pairing... they are basically an identical value... with the upside of the swap addressing team needs... there is your "overpayment" I guess... but I think what certain folks in this thread do not get is that trades- yes real life trades- are not about ripping off other teams... or making all your dance partners look like Milbury... they are about helping your team first

I guess waht GKJ needs to decide... outside of grandstanding... is whether:

a) Trades is fair value
b) Trade addresses need

If he or she answers yes to both to those... the orange glasses can be put down and we can have reasonable discussion... honestly shocked how hard this is to get...

No one disagreed that Klefbom is fair value and a decent trade--all GKJ was suggesting was that the Flyers would want an NHL-ready piece in return. I don't think Marincin fits that description, but, assuming he'll be healthy, Klefbom does.

This is what happens when people agree too quickly on the value of a trade. Klefbom for Laughton is fair all around. No idea whether either team would do it, but this just feels like kicking up drama to keep a thread interesting.

EDIT: To be fair, the only low-ball offers (and, by HF standards, they really weren't even that) came from Oilers fans: Marincin, or Marincin + 2nd/3rd.