HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OT: Fund for victims of Boston attack (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1408899)

Lafleurs Guy 04-20-2013 08:48 PM

OT: Fund for victims of Boston attack
 
I'm not sure what the rules are around this and I hope this is okay. I've just discovered that a friend of mine was personally affected by the attacks in Boston and had some family members wounded in the attacks.

Here is a link from NBC with an update on their status:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/21134540/vp/51603133#51603133

If you would like to support them there is a fund that has been set up. You can donate at: www.gofundme.com/celeteandsydney

Thank you.

Natey 04-20-2013 09:03 PM

I'm not sure if it's against forum rules, and frankly, I don't really care. I wouldn't have the heart to close this even if it was.

I'm heartbroken reading their story and I will definitely contribute, even if it won't be much. I'm horrified reading the stories and it really makes you realize you need to cherish every single day you're living.

I wish them a very speedy recovery.

Viva Boston. :heart:

KingGallagherXI 04-20-2013 09:07 PM

Link doesn't work.

CHarlie 04-20-2013 09:11 PM

link worked.........so sad for the family.

Lafleurs Guy 04-20-2013 10:04 PM

Link works for me. Go to where it says Celeste and Sydney.

http://www.gofundme.com/CelesteandSydney

Lafleurs Guy 04-20-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkguy (Post 64359177)
I'm not sure if it's against forum rules, and frankly, I don't really care. I wouldn't have the heart to close this even if it was.

I'm heartbroken reading their story and I will definitely contribute, even if it won't be much. I'm horrified reading the stories and it really makes you realize you need to cherish every single day you're living.

I wish them a very speedy recovery.

Viva Boston. :heart:

Thanks for contributing.

Traded13 04-20-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkguy (Post 64359177)
I'm not sure if it's against forum rules, and frankly, I don't really care. I wouldn't have the heart to close this even if it was.

I'm heartbroken reading their story and I will definitely contribute, even if it won't be much. I'm horrified reading the stories and it really makes you realize you need to cherish every single day you're living.

I wish them a very speedy recovery.

Viva Boston. :heart:

If this board had the "like" button, I would have just clicked it.

Goldthorpe 04-21-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy (Post 64363819)
Link works for me. Go to where it says Celeste and Sydney.

http://www.gofundme.com/CelesteandSydney

I just checked that site for 10 seconds, but personally I wouldn't give to this fund. Smells fishy. Every tragedy like this, people try to fraud others through these kinds of things. Give to the Red Cross instead. Just my two cents.

Lafleurs Guy 04-21-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldthorpe (Post 64377485)
I just checked that site for 10 seconds, but personally I wouldn't give to this fund. Smells fishy. Every tragedy like this, people try to fraud others through these kinds of things. Give to the Red Cross instead. Just my two cents.

It is not fishy. I included the link to NBC and I personally know this person. The link is legit. They even mention the link in the NBC clip and you can donate via NBC if you wish as apparently the link is on their site as well.

Edit:They are the lead story on NBC news as of now. Feel free to visit the link here: http://www.nbcnews.com/ The story in its entirety is here: http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...-amputees?lite and it includes the link to the site I provided.

Not sure why you'd think this is fishy dude...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.