HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   MTS Centre-Jets players and coaches facilities (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1409043)

BuffsEnough 04-20-2013 11:40 PM

MTS Centre-Jets players and coaches facilities
 
Hey All, this might be a bit of a hobby thread but...here goes.

I've always been fascinated by NHL arenas and the player locker rooms/players facilities. I've watched lots of youtube videos-teams like buffalo, pittsburgh, vancouver, etc. have all done in depth tours of their locker rooms and facilities, which got me thinking..
Anyone have any info on the Jets player facilities? Any pictures of training rooms, players lounges, etc?

I'm curious where the Jets players park (I'm assuming old eatons centre?) And enter the building.

Anyone know if it's possible to tour the MTS centre during the offseason?

wpgsilver 04-20-2013 11:50 PM

There was a piece about the improved family lounge at the MTSC. I think it played before a game, so I'm not sure if its available online.
I agree its interesting to see in the bowels of the arenas.

BuffsEnough 04-21-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpgsilver (Post 64369825)
There was a piece about the improved family lounge at the MTSC. I think it played before a game, so I'm not sure if its available online.
I agree its interesting to see in the bowels of the arenas.

yea i saw that one, and they showed the players/family lounge which looked really nice. But that was about it. I'd really like to see all the behind the scenes action that goes on there during games.

wpgsilver 04-21-2013 12:09 AM

You and me both my friend.

King Woodballs 04-21-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpgsilver (Post 64369825)
There was a piece about the improved family lounge at the MTSC. I think it played before a game, so I'm not sure if its available online.
I agree its interesting to see in the bowels of the arenas.

I have been through a bunch of downstairs in the mtsc it's all concrete walls :laugh:

But no where near the jets locker or media facility

bigplay41* 04-21-2013 08:46 AM

Jets park in the MTSC I was fortunate to get a parking pass to the MTs Centre for the game vs Tampa

JC Numminen 04-21-2013 12:54 PM

There is that 360 tour of the jets locker room on the jets site if you are interested.

Mighty Joe Moon 04-21-2013 01:07 PM

Where did you park in MTSC? The loading dock? I've been in MTSC as a contractor many times from the Moose days up until now and there isn't really any other parking in the building. There is a parkade across Hargrave from the MTSC where most of TN employees park. It's my understanding that the players park there as well, but I don't know that for sure. (I've heard City Place parkade as well.) If they do, they can enter through TN offices or there is a side entry on Hargrave (looks like a fire exit but it has a card reader next to it) that has a stairwell leading downstairs to security. I've been pretty much all over the building, press box, Jets dressing room, Coach's office, media center, etc and I can tell you they are dead serious about guys like me not taking photos in that building especially about stuff like that Jets players or performers--it can get companies booted out from working in there.

I offer this pic as proof that I've been in there. http://s1019.photobucket.com/user/kz...tml?sort=3&o=0

Guardian17 04-21-2013 02:21 PM

I would love to see the Jets coaches and players facilities and how they compare to other NHL rinks.

civic204 04-21-2013 04:39 PM

I have been on a few tours of the mts centre. The one place that was off limits was the Jets locker room. It takes up most of the lower level on the west side of the building.

It's a no-frills building. There were no surprises other than a small bar/private room near the exchange restaurant and a security room where they have bars to cuff guys to the walls.

allan5oh 04-21-2013 04:55 PM

There was a good wfp article with pictures and video of their kitchen. Apparently the guys love the game day meals.

BuffsEnough 04-22-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mighty Joe Moon (Post 64387853)
Where did you park in MTSC? The loading dock? I've been in MTSC as a contractor many times from the Moose days up until now and there isn't really any other parking in the building. There is a parkade across Hargrave from the MTSC where most of TN employees park. It's my understanding that the players park there as well, but I don't know that for sure. (I've heard City Place parkade as well.) If they do, they can enter through TN offices or there is a side entry on Hargrave (looks like a fire exit but it has a card reader next to it) that has a stairwell leading downstairs to security. I've been pretty much all over the building, press box, Jets dressing room, Coach's office, media center, etc and I can tell you they are dead serious about guys like me not taking photos in that building especially about stuff like that Jets players or performers--it can get companies booted out from working in there.

I offer this pic as proof that I've been in there. http://s1019.photobucket.com/user/kz...tml?sort=3&o=0

Can I ask why this is so? It makes it sound like a covert drug operation or something. Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa, and many US teams have all allowed cameras into their players facilities. Even the bombers have!
I understand not while players are there, but during the off season, what's so wrong with that?

BuffsEnough 04-22-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mighty Joe Moon (Post 64387853)
Where did you park in MTSC? The loading dock? I've been in MTSC as a contractor many times from the Moose days up until now and there isn't really any other parking in the building. There is a parkade across Hargrave from the MTSC where most of TN employees park. It's my understanding that the players park there as well, but I don't know that for sure. (I've heard City Place parkade as well.) If they do, they can enter through TN offices or there is a side entry on Hargrave (looks like a fire exit but it has a card reader next to it) that has a stairwell leading downstairs to security. I've been pretty much all over the building, press box, Jets dressing room, Coach's office, media center, etc and I can tell you they are dead serious about guys like me not taking photos in that building especially about stuff like that Jets players or performers--it can get companies booted out from working in there.

I offer this pic as proof that I've been in there. http://s1019.photobucket.com/user/kz...tml?sort=3&o=0

Cool pix btw, what's with the "take a dump somewhere else pic?" It looked funny!

Mighty Joe Moon 04-22-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuffsEnough (Post 64431345)
Can I ask why this is so? It makes it sound like a covert drug operation or something. Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa, and many US teams have all allowed cameras into their players facilities. Even the bombers have!
I understand not while players are there, but during the off season, what's so wrong with that?

That photo policy is for contractors or other visitors. You're there for work, not tourism. They will schedule stuff for legit media, so it's not really covert.

Also, the 'Take a dump somewhere else' photo: There was a poster hanging in the men's room nearest Mark Chipman's office. It was actually directly across the hall from Craig Heisinger (taken during the Moose era) and Scott Brown. I did not use the washroom to take a dump. I could not resist pulling out the camera phone for that one.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.