HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Award's for posters? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1409103)

MattMartin 04-21-2013 01:30 AM

Award's for posters?

I was thinking about restarting this (originally done by KC)
Thoughts?

I will take nominations for each award and then I’ll compile them and we’ll vote via poll for each award.

1. Read carefully through the awards and read what each one represents and what each one really means. If you need to have me clarify what I mean, by all means, please ask me.

2. Nominate posters who you feel are deserving of the award.

3. Nominate at least two people for each award with a maximum of four. I’d like to have at least three nominees for each award!

4. No limit on the amount of awards one can be nominated for. Nominate whomever you feel is deserving for any award, even if you end up using the same poster more than once.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO ON THIS THREAD:

Copy and paste the names of each award into your own post and list out your nominees for each and every award.

Here’s the list of the categories for this year’s awards, in the order which they will be voted and presented:

I’ll leave this thread up for a few days and then we will vote for the winners. Let me know if you have any questions and let’s have fun with it!

This will be the line up.

For Saturday:

Rollercoaster Award – Most up and down in emotions (the poster who goes from “We’ll never win another game” during the 1st period of a GDT to “WE FREAKING RULE!!!!!!1111!!!!” in the 3rd period)

Chicken Little Award (to the poster whose theme is always that the sky is falling)

Marty Reasoner Award - Worst thread or statement made throughout the season.
(Only the OP can nominate themselves for this 1)

Bill Masterton Memorial Poster Award - Comeback poster of the year.

For Sunday

Vince Vaughn Award – Best Old School Poster (poster who has been around on HF for a while, not necessarily a fan who has been around for a long time)

Woodward and Bernstein – Best Inside Information (the poster who provides the most or the most accurate scoops)

Kevin Connolly – Nicest Poster (the poster who you just know is a good person)

Jim Carrey Award – Funniest Poster (the poster who regularly makes you laugh and laugh hard)

For Monday:

Steve Jobs Award – Most Passionate Poster (the poster whose undying love for the Isles is apparent in most every post)

Bryan Trottier Award – Best Poster/MVP (ok, this one goes to the poster who made you go, “damn, that was excellent and I wish I had said it”)

Wanderson 04-21-2013 01:52 AM

I want to nominate startainfection for the 'The Thinker' award, the Hart Trophy and the Bryan Trottier award...

JTforPres2012 04-21-2013 02:44 AM

Law for John Rambo MIA award.

Richie Daggers Crime 04-21-2013 08:23 AM

I think we did this a few years ago, but it was kinda done away with because it just ended up being the same 5 dudes that post a lot that won.

19NYSports91 04-21-2013 08:26 AM

Jenna Jameson award lol? oh god

scott99 04-21-2013 10:39 AM

I'd like to nominate Degeneration Rex AND Inform the Masses as the posters of the year. They've kept us informed with some great info and videos of our prospects all season long, even when there was no NHL hockey. Greatly appreciated, Thanks Guys !!

19NYSports91 04-21-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott99 (Post 64380989)
I'd like to nominate Degeneration Rex AND Inform the Masses as the posters of the year. They've kept us informed with some great info and videos of our prospects all season long, even when there was no NHL hockey. Greatly appreciated, Thanks Guys !!

I was going to say the same thing.

CodeE 04-21-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott99 (Post 64380989)

You could really say that Inform the Masses guy lives up to his username, eh? :naughty:

MattMartin 04-21-2013 04:51 PM

Alright, lets start over. I have modified some of the names and removed some of the redundant one's. Also removed the ones who would have slam dunk winners. Law is obviously the winner for the Rambo award so we can give it to him now lol.

Start nominating people and starting Friday night I will put the nominees on a poll. I will do a few a day. Will give us something to do for Sat,Sun,and Monday.

MattMartin 04-21-2013 04:57 PM

I nominate myself for the Marty Reasoner. "Time to part ways with Okposo" thread.

CREW99AW 04-21-2013 05:11 PM

I nominate OlTime for the Steve Jobs Award , the Most Passionate Poster.

We've done plenty of disagreeing over the yrs, but I can't deny he's passionate when it comes to his opinions about the team/front office/ownership.

InformTheMasses 04-21-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattMartin (Post 64373257)
Vince Vaughn Award – Best Old School Poster (poster who has been around on HF for a while, not necessarily a fan who has been around for a long time)

Rollercoaster Award – Most up and down in emotions (the poster who goes from “We’ll never win another game” during the 1st period of a GDT to “WE FREAKING RULE!!!!!!1111!!!!” in the 3rd period)

Chicken Little Award (to the poster whose theme is always that the sky is falling)

Steve Jobs Award – Most Passionate Poster (the poster whose undying love for the Isles is apparent in most every post)

Woodward and Bernstein – Best Inside Information (the poster who provides the most or the most accurate scoops)

Kevin Connolly – Nicest Poster (the poster who you just know is a good person)

Jim Carrey Award – Funniest Poster (the poster who regularly makes you laugh and laugh hard)

Bryan Trottier Award – Best Poster (ok, this one goes to the poster who made you go, “damn, that was excellent and I wish I had said it”)

Vince Vaughn Award - OlTime Hockey and Isles Enforcer

Rollercoaster Award - No idea, maybe anyone that posts on GDT's :sarcasm:

Chicken Little Award- Lottery4Life (name says it all)

Steve Jobs Award - Everyone this is a pretty passionate board but I'll say : 19NYSports91, Macch, and Petrocelli stand out.

Woodward and Bernstien Award - Degenration Rex

Kevin Connelly Award - Crew

Jim Carrey Award - BluechipBonzo

Bryan Trottier Award - Redbull

MattMartin 04-21-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InformTheMasses (Post 64406977)
Vince Vaughn Award - OlTime Hockey and Isles Enforcer

Rollercoaster Award - No idea, maybe anyone that posts on GDT's :sarcasm:

Chicken Little Award- Lottery4Life (name says it all)

Steve Jobs Award - Everyone this is a pretty passionate board but I'll say : 19NYSports91, Macch, and Petrocelli stand out.

Woodward and Bernstien Award - Degenration Rex

Kevin Connelly Award - Crew

Jim Carrey Award - BluechipBonzo

Bryan Trottier Award - Redbull

Awesome, exactly what i was looking for. Let's keep it going and get some more help.

Tavartrick 04-21-2013 06:45 PM

Jim Carrey Award - startaninfection should be a lock for this award. He has quite a sense of humor and I got a kick out of reading his bold predictions for the Islander's this season ;)

Vince Vaughn Award - I always look forward to whatever OlTime Hockey has to say, and I also happen to love his avatar.

Bryan Trottier Award - Redbull. I find his posts to be very insightful and appreciate his input.

19NYSports91 04-21-2013 07:15 PM

Vince Vaughn Award - OlTime Hockey

Rollercoaster Award - Most people in the GDT, it's funny to read posts earlier in the game and then when it's over.

Chicken Little Award- Hip Of Rick

Steve Jobs Award - This could go to anyone on here imo, but I'll give my vote to Trumanperro because he does an awesome job for the GDT and it takes a lot of time to do.

Woodward and Bernstien Award - InformTheMasses and Degeneration Rex

Kevin Connelly Award - PWJunior, Bunk Moreland, and Matt Martin

Jim Carrey Award - TJ Mac (I love his 9-1 predictions)

Bryan Trottier Award - IslesRock4 and Dan-o16

Isles Junkie 04-21-2013 07:40 PM

Least Active Mod Award - Isle Junkie

Poliz24 04-21-2013 08:55 PM

Can we make a comeback poster of the year award? maybe someone who made posts recently went away for a year and then came back? Just a thought.

Poulin 0n My St1ck 04-21-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poliz24 (Post 64418793)
Can we make a comeback poster of the year award? maybe someone who made posts recently went away for a year and then came back? Just a thought.

Bill Masterton Memorial Poster Award

bigtim1988 04-21-2013 09:34 PM

Vince Vaughn Award- OlTimehockey

Steve Jobs Award- Mitch 22 (i think thats the name, havent seen him around in a while tho

Kevin Connolly- PWJunior

Jim Carrey Award-startaninfection

Bryan Trottier Award- Trumanperro, PW Junior, periferal

Chicken Little Award-Hip Of Rick

Rollercoaster award- every fan in the GDT when the isles are doing crappy and when they do amazing

Strome18 04-21-2013 09:44 PM

Hey HipofRick, why does everyone know you so well?

:laugh:

seafoam 04-21-2013 10:13 PM

Alright, alright, who made the "Isles should re-sign Boyes" thread? :laugh:

MattMartin 04-21-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poulin 0n My St1ck (Post 64420835)
Bill Masterton Memorial Poster Award

Done!

MattMartin 04-21-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seafoam (Post 64425179)
Alright, alright, who made the "Isles should re-sign Boyes" thread? :laugh:

That and the "Nabakov is so overrated" but again only if they nominate themselves. I tried to get it rolling with the "Time to part ways with Okposo" thread.

MattMartin 04-22-2013 03:27 AM

Edited..ugh

OlTimeHockey 04-22-2013 04:24 AM

Mitchy has to be a lock for Jobs and Connolly, while Law, whose GDT's are epic, should earn the Carey award, though call me a hater but Bonzo could dnag it easily.

Inform the Masses and what's his name who got all the info from Europe as to the teams and games {HELP!} take Woodward and Bernstein.

Vince Vaughn......why not MacLeod? Name one other poster whose posts you read in a French accent thinking of skirt wearing Scotsmen? He's been around a long time. I mean a Really long time. There can be only one. {if he responds, he can tell me why they made Highlander 2?}

EDIT:
{HELP} thanks Dan-O, was thinking of Chapin but couldn't get the name out!