HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Barkov vs Lindholm vs Monahan vs Nichushkin (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1409397)

Top 6 Spaling 04-21-2013 03:18 PM

Barkov vs Lindholm vs Monahan vs Nichushkin

These four seem to be the next tier of forwards after Mackinnon and Drouin. I don't get the chance to watch any of them, but I am very curious as to what their strengths and weaknesses are, since the Preds will likely end up with one.

How would you rank them? How are they similar/different? Who is the best offensively?

Much appreciated.

Trvp Lord 04-21-2013 03:22 PM

If I had to rank them in order of which I would draft them, I would list them as this:
Barkov
Lindholm
Monahan
Nichushkin

Nichushkin would be a lot higher if he didn't have the "Russian factor" of course.

Jacques Trap* 04-21-2013 03:23 PM

Barkov
Lindholm
Nichushkin
Monahan

VerySuperFamous 04-21-2013 03:24 PM

All in all I'd rank them as
Drouin/Barkov
Mac

Lindholm
Nichushkin

Monohan

Mozesmadness 04-21-2013 03:26 PM

Barkov
Monahan
Nichushkin
Lindholm

Top 6 Spaling 04-21-2013 03:27 PM

I've heard Barkov is a great two way player, but is he as good as the rest offensively? The last thing the Preds need is another two-way 40 point center...

Not saying he is one, I've never seen him play. Just want to be sure he has top line center ability.

Trvp Lord 04-21-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling (Post 64392533)
I've heard Barkov is a great two way player, but is he as good as the rest offensively? THe last thing the Preds needs is another two-way 40 point center...

He's pretty good offensively. A talented playmaker for sure. 48 points in 53 games this season for Tappara.

TheJuxtaposer 04-21-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

I've heard Barkov is a great two way player, but is he as good as the rest offensively? The last thing the Preds need is another two-way 40 point center...

Not saying he is one, I've never seen him play. Just want to be sure he has top line center ability.

He's extremely good offensively. He's better than any but Nichushkin offensively, slightly ahead of Lindholm. Monahan's the one who's offensive ability is in question, of the four here.

Barkov
Nichushkin
Lindholm
Monahan

thomast 04-21-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

You're talking about kid who broke every offensive record for draft eligible player in FEL by fair margin. He is also couple weeks of being 2014 draft eligible. The kid led his team and whole playoff series in points before he got injured. He was able to take next step up at the playoffs. On top of that he was one of the best two-way fowards in the league if not the best.

We have to remember that he actually played majority of the season against NHL-lockout players. He outplayed most of them. To get such hard competition at age of 17 is pretty outstanding but Barkov was able to produce and outplayed most of them including Mikko Koivu and Jussi Jokinen on the games i saw which make it even more special. Not saying he is better than those 2 right now but if he is able to outplay #1 NHL C at age of 17 it is pretty remarkable and we all know that Mikko Koivu competes hard everywhere he goes especially for his hometeam crowd.

R S 04-21-2013 04:14 PM

Have seen them all play, just not live. Either way, here's how I rank them.

Barkov

Nichushkin

Lindholm

Monahan

17Kurri 04-21-2013 04:15 PM

Nichushkin
Barkov
Monahan
Lindholm

AwesomePanthers 04-21-2013 04:35 PM

I'm not gonna rank them, but I think the team that picks Monahan is gonna be really happy. Produced extremely well on a poor team, just wondering what he would produced on a better team with more support.

If Nichushkin wasnt Russian he could battle for the top3. Grit, skating and a very good powerforward.

The only issue with Barkov is his skating, just like Granlund. It's not bad, but not as good as it could be. But thats me, and I value skating pretty high.

Lindholm has done really well in the SEL, but I havent seen him since before christmas, so I'm not gonna comment too much on him. I liked what I saw though.

Gaps 04-21-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers (Post 64397067)

The only issue with Barkov is his skating, just like Granlund. It's not bad, but not as good as it could be. But thats me, and I value skating pretty high.

I wouldn't even mention these two in the same sentence when it comes to skating issues. Granlund is a midget and his skating's really not his biggest issue in the NHL, although it certainly could be better especially considering his size. Barkov is huge and the big guys usually have more skating issues. He's never going to be a rocket on skates, but he hardly has to be with his size and sound positional game. Their situations aren't really comparable.

Reikai 04-21-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 64393031)
He's extremely good offensively. He's better than any but Nichushkin offensively, slightly ahead of Lindholm. Monahan's the one who's offensive ability is in question, of the four here.

Barkov
Nichushkin
Lindholm
Monahan

I watch Barkov alot and i have to say that he isn't quite as good offensively as Lindholm. Can't say anything about Monahan or Nichushkin.

Barkov is very smart and solid all-round offensively ( not to mention his defense that is top notch ) but even so he lacks dynamic offense. Im thinking about 50-70 pts in NHL.

There's a chance he might surprise me though.. After all he's only 17.

LeHabsMan 04-21-2013 05:26 PM

Offensively:
Nichushkin
Lindholm
Barkov
Monahan

Defensively:
Barkov
Monahan
Lindholm
Nichushkin

I think Lindholm would be a perfect fit for Nashville.

Marc the Habs Fan 04-21-2013 05:30 PM

Barkov
Monahan
Lindholm
Nichushkin

SterlingArcher 04-21-2013 05:47 PM

I'd rank them
Barkov
Lindholm/Monahan
Nichushkin

I don't think anyone is that much further ahead or behind than anyone else. I don't know much about Nichuskin but he oozes potential from what I have heard while the others are closer to being a sure thing for me.

maplepred 04-21-2013 05:55 PM

I think if the preds pick say fourth and drouin Mack and jones were top three most likely, I think it's gonna be a huge toss up for us between Lindholm and barkov to be honest.

I think they are both equally as powerful on offense, but barkov has the defensive game, but Lindholm will instantly click with forsberg and would be a pretty damn good one-two punch someday soon. Don't really know which poile goes with, but if the top three I mentioned are gone, it will be barkov or Lindholm almost certainly IMO

Bourdon101 04-21-2013 05:57 PM

Lindholm
Barkov
Nichushkin
Monahan

I like Barkov's size but Lindholm impresses me more

JAS 39 Gripen 04-21-2013 06:37 PM

Lindholm is what Bäckström should be: a creative playmaker who has the will to win

Teeder9 04-21-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 17Kurri (Post 64395913)
Nichushkin
Barkov
Monahan
Lindholm

Pretty much for me as well.

Hale The Villain 04-21-2013 09:53 PM

Nichushkin
Lindholm
Monahan/Barkov

Trvp Lord 04-21-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maplepred (Post 64402183)
I think if the preds pick say fourth and drouin Mack and jones were top three most likely, I think it's gonna be a huge toss up for us between Lindholm and barkov to be honest.

I think they are both equally as powerful on offense, but barkov has the defensive game, but Lindholm will instantly click with forsberg and would be a pretty damn good one-two punch someday soon. Don't really know which poile goes with, but if the top three I mentioned are gone, it will be barkov or Lindholm almost certainly IMO

It's not like Lindholm doesn't play defense...

rt 04-21-2013 10:08 PM

I'd go...

1. MacKinnon
2. Drouin
3. Lindholm
4. Barkov
5. Monahan

Then another five or ten forwards then Nichushkin.

maplepred 04-21-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trvp Lord (Post 64419461)
It's not like Lindholm doesn't play defense...

Agreed. But I think barkov had a better defensive game then he does. What I wonder though, is Lindholm's offense much better than barkovs?

I think after the big three. Lindholm and barkov are the best next two, nichushkin as well, but who knows about him and poile's experiences with radulov,..