HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   GDT: "Is There Anybody Out There?" | Oilers vs. Ducks (Part 2) | 4.22.2013 | 7:30 PM (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1410125)

OilerTyler 04-22-2013 12:35 PM

"Is There Anybody Out There?" | Oilers vs. Ducks (Part 2) | 4.22.2013 | 7:30 PM

Game Info
Game Day: April 22nd, 2013
Game Time: 7:30PM
Radio: 630 Ched.
TV: Sportsnet West

Lineups
EDMONTON

Hall - Gagner - Eberle
Hartikainen - Lander - Yakupov
Smyth - Horcoff - Jones
Belanger - Smithson - Brown

Smid - Petry
Schultz - Schultz
Whitney - Potter

Khabibulin
Dubnyk

*I actually have no idea what the line combinations are

ANAHEIM

Ryan - Getzlaf - Perry
Winnik - Koivu - Cogliano
Palmieri - Bonino - Selanne
Etem - Steckel - Staubitz

Fowler - Lovejoy
Lydman - Beauchemin
Allen - Vatanen

Fasth
Hiller

Stolen From the Oilers Website
Last 10: Anaheim 5-4-1; Edmonton 3-7-0

Season series: This is the third of three meetings and the second of back-to-back contests at Rexall Place. The Anaheim Ducks improved to 2-0-0 against the Edmonton Oilers with Sunday’s 3-1 victory. Anaheim has won 10 straight games in Edmonton.

Big story: The Ducks can clinch the Pacific Division title with a win Monday. They fell just short of accomplishing the feat Sunday due to the Dallas Stars earning a point against the Los Angeles Kings. It would be Anaheim’s first division crown since 2007, when they went on to win the franchise’s lone Stanley Cup championship.

Team Scope:

Ducks: Anaheim put an end to a four-game skid with Sunday’s victory against the Oilers. Jonas Hiller helped stop the bleeding in a 27-save performance and Nick Bonino had two assists in his return from a lower-body injury.

"It's great to have a win again after what has been happening for the last little while," Hiller told the Canadian Press. "We knew that we needed to play better, but sometimes it is not that easy. Tonight I think that everybody worked a little harder and that made the difference."

Oilers: Edmonton’s playoff drought officially reached seven years with Sunday’s loss to the Ducks. The Oilers haven’t qualified for the postseason since 2006, when they made a surprising run to the Stanley Cup Final before falling in Game 7 to the Carolina Hurricanes.

The Oilers have dropped seven of their past eight games.

"To have another season where we're out of the playoffs, another season where we're playing meaningless games at the end of the year, is very frustrating," winger Taylor Hall said. "It's something we're not proud of."

Who's hot: Ducks captain Ryan Getzlaf has two goals and four assists over the past six games. … Hall has four points (two goals, two assists) in the past three for Edmonton.

Injury report: Anaheim is missing defenseman Luca Sbisa (lower body). Sheldon Souray (lower body) did not play Sunday, but could play Monday. … The Oilers will be without Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (shoulder), Ales Hemsky (foot) and Lennart Petrell (leg)

BlueChip01 04-22-2013 12:36 PM

Anybody know of any good spots to donate tickets to tonight? I have up to 6 I want to give away (All over $100 face value). Not wasting my time going.

Please no "donate them to me" ha ha. Some sort of kids charity, something?

OilerTyler 04-22-2013 12:37 PM

The over/under for this GDT is nine pages

flashy 04-22-2013 12:42 PM

I think it will hit 5 pages unless the oilers really stink or are really good

The Major 04-22-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueChip01 (Post 64447901)
Anybody know of any good spots to donate tickets to tonight? I have up to 6 I want to give away (All over $100 face value). Not wasting my time going.

Please no "donate them to me" ha ha. Some sort of kids charity, something?

http://kidsupfront.com/

BlueChip01 04-22-2013 12:55 PM

Thanks!

The Butcher 04-22-2013 01:18 PM

Kings fans will be pulling for you tonight for what it's worth.

Delicious Pancakes 04-22-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LA Kings Drummer (Post 64449925)
Kings fans will be pulling for you tonight for what it's worth.

Lots of Oilers fans are in full on tank mode and are pulling for Anaheim for what it's worth. You will take your first round matchup with San Jose and you will like it!

dustrock 04-22-2013 01:23 PM

Going to the game tonight. We knew when we picked the tickets that it would either be a crucial game or completely meaningless.

Hoping I at least get the chips I like tonight.

:laugh:

nexttothemoon 04-22-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delicious Pancakes (Post 64450113)
Lots of Oilers fans are in full on tank mode and are pulling for Anaheim for what it's worth. You will take your first round matchup with San Jose and you will like it!

Man... are those pancakes smiling at me or am I just seeing things? I never noticed that before.

Maybe it's just the effects of 4 years of tank fumes finally getting to me. :)

MetaOil1993 04-22-2013 01:54 PM

Meh, go Oilers? At least give a effort please :help:

nexttothemoon 04-22-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dustrock (Post 64450181)
Going to the game tonight. We knew when we picked the tickets that it would either be a crucial game or completely meaningless.

Hoping I at least get the chips I like tonight.

:laugh:

Every game is crucial for the Oilers in their perennial quest for #1.

1 more for #4

The Butcher 04-22-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delicious Pancakes (Post 64450113)

Yeah it's about what I figured. Trust me I know the feeling.

flashy 04-22-2013 02:07 PM

I hope we lose but actually make a competitive and entertaining game. Hall's quote resonated with me. I didn't think anything of it until I readMc79hockey blog on Hemsky that I actually took a step back and thought about everything.

Hemsky is terrible, he is really the disease of this team. The guy puts next to no effort and is there only to collect a pay cheque. The millions we have spent on the guy is ridiculous. Its much more apparent how useless he is given that we have actual talent these days. Always first off in a practice, never ever wants to talk to the media about accountability, and seems generally content with getting time off every april.

He should be traded for a first in the 20's for him and our second or something. I want him gone from here.

Moonlapse Vertigo 04-22-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LA Kings Drummer (Post 64452217)
Yeah it's about what I figured. Trust me I know the feeling.

No you don't.

Moonlapse Vertigo 04-22-2013 02:10 PM

Anyway...

http://i39.tinypic.com/zumgid.gif

oilersfan11 04-22-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo (Post 64452565)
No you don't.

Exactly,the only people that actually do understand what oiler fans are going through are the people in Quebec City.

Beerfish 04-22-2013 02:19 PM

Over and under on Cogliano empty net posts?

5RingsAndABeer 04-22-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

No you don't.

Maybe he's also a Clippers fan (?)

Rejean31 04-22-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 64452457)
I hope we lose but actually make a competitive and entertaining game. Hall's quote resonated with me. I didn't think anything of it until I readMc79hockey blog on Hemsky that I actually took a step back and thought about everything.

Hemsky is terrible, he is really the disease of this team. The guy puts next to no effort and is there only to collect a pay cheque. The millions we have spent on the guy is ridiculous. Its much more apparent how useless he is given that we have actual talent these days. Always first off in a practice, never ever wants to talk to the media about accountability, and seems generally content with getting time off every april.

He should be traded for a first in the 20's for him and our second or something. I want him gone from here.

So you are basically saying that Hemsky is a quitter and only here to collect a paycheque, yet you think someone is going to trade you a first round pick for him. Do you see anything wrong with this picture??? :shakehead

flashy 04-22-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rejean31 (Post 64453543)
So you are basically saying that Hemsky is a quitter and only here to collect a paycheque, yet you think someone is going to trade you a first round pick for him. Do you see anything wrong with this picture??? :shakehead

Nope? the guy is good for at least 0.6 ppg. how many people past the 20th pick are going to do that?

HF really overrates draft picks.

Secondly we're trading him and our second. Which is going to be a low second. Try to read a little better.

Delicious Pancakes 04-22-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

No you don't.

LA built through the draft for a few years similar to St. Louis. both franchises had a few years in a row of meaningless games to end the year. 2006-07 to 2008-09 LA finished 14th, 15th, 14th in the conference.

They don't know what a fourth year of that feels like though.

gqmixmaster 04-22-2013 02:44 PM

I think the oilers should play ryan whitney at center tonight

Turrican* 04-22-2013 02:45 PM

Has Whitney even touched the puck in the past few games? I have not seen him on the ice.

gqmixmaster 04-22-2013 02:46 PM

I dont think whitney has been in the lineup, I have only passively been watching the games now as I get high and play nhl 13