HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Polls - (hockey-related only) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Nazem Kadri vs Alex Galchenyuk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1410289)

Turrican* 04-22-2013 04:08 PM

Nazem Kadri vs Alex Galchenyuk
 
Who would you rather take going forward?

re5piration 04-22-2013 04:11 PM

I'll keep Kadri as I see them having the same upside. I really wanted Gally to fall to the Leafs though at the draft, couldve been set up nicely down the middle for the next decade.

poetryinmotion 04-22-2013 04:13 PM

Had it with Galchenyuk threads, honestly.

Going forward I take Galchenyuk no matter how good Kadri is this season which is still pretty impressive for someone that everybody has all but written off recently. And this is no slight to Kadri as I would take him ahead of many of our current fwds today.

Benny FTW 04-22-2013 04:13 PM

Galchenyuk. I see way more potential in him.

TieClark 04-22-2013 04:14 PM

This isn't really fair considering Galchenyuk is 19 (?) and Kadri in his early 20's with a few years of development under his belt. Right now it's Kadri... going forward who knows

Oiled up* 04-22-2013 04:17 PM

Kadri ainectbc, Hits hard, not a knee injury away from being gibbled the rest of his career, could scrap, and score in bunches. Kadri will be one sick player to watch.

TieClark 04-22-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeteranNetPresenceMs (Post 64458233)
Kadri ainectbc, Hits hard, not a knee injury away from being gibbled the rest of his career, could scrap, and score in bunches. Kadri will be one sick player to watch.

Love him but lets remember he's 160-170 pounds

Kulemon 04-22-2013 04:33 PM

This one is hard for me. Galchenyuk was my favourite prospect and is one of my favourite players. But Kadri has broken out this year into one of my favourite players.

Both are on the same level talent wise I think. Maybe a slight edge to Kadri but Gally has more of an NHL frame and I see him always being the better of the two defensively. That being said I think Kadri will be the more exciting player with his huge hits, crazy offensive plays, and alpha dog mentality.

Definitely a toss up for me. I'm voting Kadri though just because he's already on the leafs.

jmart21 04-22-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TieClark (Post 64458581)
Love him but lets remember he's 160-170 pounds

Ummmmmm no. No he isn't. :laugh:

DrizzyTO 04-22-2013 04:35 PM

The Dream takes this.

Milan the God* 04-22-2013 04:38 PM

I like Kadri, but definitely Galchenyuk here. He's going to be a very, very special player.

Analyzer 04-22-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kulemon (Post 64458871)
This one is hard for me. Galchenyuk was my favourite prospect and is one of my favourite players. But Kadri has broken out this year into one of my favourite players.

Both are on the same level talent wise I think. Maybe a slight edge to Kadri but Gally has more of an NHL frame and I see him always being the better of the two defensively. That being said I think Kadri will be the more exciting player with his huge hits, crazy offensive plays, and alpha dog mentality.

Definitely a toss up for me. I'm voting Kadri though just because he's already on the leafs.

Isn't Kadri 6'1 ?
*Checks tsn*

They have him at 6'0 They also have him at 188... He's gotta weigh more than that.

Either way, this Galchenyuk Vs. whomever **** is a piss off.

TieClark 04-22-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmart21 (Post 64458887)
Ummmmmm no. No he isn't. :laugh:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=96553

Is it possible he's added muscle after training with Roberts? Sure.

Is it also possible the Leafs have upped his weight like every team does with their players? Just as possible.

He looks small on and off the ice.

pooleboy 04-22-2013 04:47 PM

i think i would take gally tbh, but kadri has shown that he can be a top 6 player..... is galchenyuk going to play Center or wing? because that would probably be the difference.

jmart21 04-22-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TieClark (Post 64459377)
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=96553

Is it possible he's added muscle after training with Roberts? Sure.

Is it also possible the Leafs have upped his weight like every team does with their players? Just as possible.

He looks small on and off the ice.

Now, check another source. Like tsn, or the official leafs site, hell even Wikipedia....even HF has managed to give an updated 188lbs.

TieClark 04-22-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmart21 (Post 64459697)
Now, check another source. Like tsn, or the official leafs site, hell even Wikipedia....even HF has managed to give an updated 188lbs.

They all go off each other... that's why they all have the identical number that isn't an even 80 or 90. Those sites are simply reporting what the Leafs list as his weight.

CanadienShark 04-22-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooleboy (Post 64459465)
i think i would take gally tbh, but kadri has shown that he can be a top 6 player..... is galchenyuk going to play Center or wing? because that would probably be the difference.

Wing short term. Centre as early as next season - he's more comfortable there.

Altaris 04-22-2013 05:37 PM

TheDream

Leafs Win The Cup 04-22-2013 05:41 PM

Really? Galchenyuk hope to put up Kadri's numbers that he's putting up now. Kadri >>> Galchenyuk AINEC

Nicko999 04-22-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafs Win The Cup (Post 64461963)
Really? Galchenyuk hope to put up Kadri's numbers that he's putting up now. Kadri >>> Galchenyuk AINEC

LOL...

The year after their drafts...

Kadri: 93 pts (35 goals) in 56 games in the OHL + 0 pt in 1 game in the NHL

Galchenyuk: 61 pts (27 goals) in 33 games in the OHL + 24 pts (9 goals) in 45 games in the NHL

Galchenyuk for me...

sharks9 04-22-2013 05:49 PM

Galchenyuk, he's been fantastic lately even while getting under 10 minutes per game.

Altaris 04-22-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharks9 (Post 64462401)
Galchenyuk, he's been fantastic lately even while getting under 10 minutes per game.

Nope, sorry he's playing sheltered minutes. Therefore your argument is invalid. :sarcasm:

Takashi 04-22-2013 05:53 PM

For me Galchenyuk easily. Before this season, I was seeing kadri as a bust, so I'll need more season to see, if he's the real deal.

Kulemon 04-22-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicko999 (Post 64462245)
LOL...

The year after their drafts...

Kadri: 93 pts (35 goals) in 56 games in the OHL + 0 pt in 1 game in the NHL

Galchenyuk: 61 pts (27 goals) in 33 games in the OHL + 24 pts (9 goals) in 45 games in the NHL

Galchenyuk for me...

Similar junior numbers. But Kadri didn't play in the NHL really.

What's your point? Some players can step in right away. That doesn't make them any better or have higher ceilings. Laughton played for Philly this year. Is he better than Morgan Rielly? Kadri was going to take awhile to get to the NHL because he was like 5'11 160lbs when he was drafted. He's now 6'0 188lbs and more mature.

I mean the guy you quoted is definitely not any better but I don't get your point here.

Kulemon 04-22-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takashi (Post 64462559)
For me Galchenyuk easily. Before this season, I was seeing kadri as a bust, so I'll need more season to see, if he's the real deal.

Well that's your problem. Anyone who could use logic knew it was stupid to call Kadri a bust as a 20/21 year old despite him progressing and getting better every year.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.