HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   St. Louis Blues (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Game 46: St. Louis vs. Colorado "Is this St. Louis?" (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1410505)

CarvinSigX 04-22-2013 08:41 PM

Game 46: St. Louis vs. Colorado "Is this St. Louis?"

"Now we call it Defiance."

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/...psa3db8828.jpg

PocketNines 04-22-2013 09:17 PM

Whoa, well done. This is a total jinx thread, starting GDT a day early. We probably need to lose more than we need to win, so I actually support this.

Dolph Ziggler 04-22-2013 09:46 PM

Nicely done.

PocketNines 04-22-2013 11:40 PM

Well, it's official, Chicago, Anaheim and Vancouver are locked into 1-2-3 seeds in that order.

If the Blues finish with 57 points, and San Jose gets at least three out of six remaining points, Blues will have the 6-seed.

LA @ MIN and DAL @ SJ are the other two games to watch closely.

Finishing behind San Jose is key, because I highly doubt anyone below is going to catch them. LA, SJ and the Blues are the 4-5-6 seeds in some order. Rooting for San Jose over Dallas is an easy one, LA vs. MIN is slightly more ambivalent.

Daley Tarasenkshow 04-23-2013 08:04 AM

I see the blues winning this game, if they don't, it'll be interesting.

Fluff Master 04-23-2013 08:20 AM

In order to win the battle tonight we need the right weapon:
http://www.beyondtannhausergate.com/...-2013-2151.jpg
We are St. Louis. We are Defiance.

Alklha 04-23-2013 09:50 AM

Did I completely miss the announcement that the playoff tickets went on sale today, or did it come out of nowhere?

Colorado Avalanche 04-23-2013 10:15 AM

C'monnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn You have to win

Dolph Ziggler 04-23-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche (Post 64504351)
C'monnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn You have to win

Only if San Jose wins. Otherwise you must win.

EDIT: Lines per JR

Schwartz-Backes-Steen
McDonald-Sobotka-Stewart
Porter-Berglund-Tarasenko
Perron-Cracknell-Reaves

Izzy 04-23-2013 11:07 AM

Perron 4th lining?

Novacain 04-23-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy Mandelbaum (Post 64506431)
Perron 4th lining?

After that turnover yesterday and his up and down play in general, I'd just like to say " It's about time"

2 Minute Minor 04-23-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PocketNines (Post 64490733)
Well, it's official, Chicago, Anaheim and Vancouver are locked into 1-2-3 seeds in that order.

If the Blues finish with 57 points, and San Jose gets at least three out of six remaining points, Blues will have the 6-seed.

LA @ MIN and DAL @ SJ are the other two games to watch closely.

Finishing behind San Jose is key, because I highly doubt anyone below is going to catch them. LA, SJ and the Blues are the 4-5-6 seeds in some order. Rooting for San Jose over Dallas is an easy one, LA vs. MIN is slightly more ambivalent.

Just to spell it out: The Blues have the tiebreaker on San Jose, but San Jose has a 1 point lead on the Blues with 3 to play. The Blues will play either LAK if they earn more points than the Sharks over those three games, or else Vancouver if they don't. Either way, the Blues will be on the road to start the series. (Yes, mathematically other things COULD happen, but they are incredibly unlikely.)

Fluff Master 04-23-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Perron 4th lining?

With his play in the last game I'm not that surprised, figured either a line demotion was coming or even being benched. Hitch sending a message but I expect to see him moved up as the game progresses.

taylord22 04-23-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Perron 4th lining?

Considering his last game, I'm not surprised. Not only did he give the puck away, he also held onto it with 2-3 defenders on him, twice. I'm sure he'll work his way back up through the line-up during the course of the game, but his last performance was one of the worst games I've seen from a top flight player. I expect we'll see the polar opposite tonight.

[The craziest thing I'll say all year] Over the last 20 games I've been suppressing the urge to say this...I'd like to see Perron at C (at some point during training camp next year) I know, I know...you can't teach C at the NHL level, but, Perron really excels at nothing particularly suited to the wing. He's ho hum as a counterstrike player. Average from the sideboards, and up and down as a forechecker. Placing him at C might force him to use his teammates in the way that his skill-set beckons to be used. My main rationale for this: he leverages the boards (as a crutch) far too much, in a far too North/South manner...placing him at C pulls him away from the boards and into spots where he'll be forced to use his teammates as escapes.

It would probably have disastrous results, but I see no reason why he would be any less effective than Steen was (Steen's skillset is suited to the wing in a near absolute fashion).

Fluff Master 04-23-2013 11:24 AM

Perron on 4th line. Perron gets a hatty.

Calling it now in a jinx thread :sarcasm:

Izzy 04-23-2013 11:25 AM

Yeah, but having him on the 4th line could be damaging to the way they play. Porter, Cracknell and Reaves are such an ideal 4th line.

TheOrganist 04-23-2013 11:51 AM

We all know Perron blew last game. Just a message sending from Hitchcock. He'll play his way back up to the Berglund line. Then the lines will look how they did mid-way through the 2nd period in Colorado, which is how they should look. Thankfully, he's keeping Schwartz up top.

MattyMo35 04-23-2013 12:04 PM

Go Blues. I always thought we'd see a big game when Stewie was demoted last season, but that never seemed to work out. Hopefully it does for Perron. He's a better player than he has shown this season. We need him if we're going to be successful in the playoffs.

Vladys Gumption 04-23-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi (Post 64505171)
Only if San Jose wins. Otherwise you must win.

EDIT: Lines per JR

Schwartz-Backes-Steen
McDonald-Sobotka-Stewart
Porter-Berglund-Tarasenko
Perron-Cracknell-Reaves

It's about damn time Hitch switched it up. But he probably should have knocked Berglund down with Perron.

Vladys Gumption 04-23-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taylord22 (Post 64507069)
Considering his last game, I'm not surprised. Not only did he give the puck away, he also held onto it with 2-3 defenders on him, twice. I'm sure he'll work his way back up through the line-up during the course of the game, but his last performance was one of the worst games I've seen from a top flight player. I expect we'll see the polar opposite tonight.

[The craziest thing I'll say all year] Over the last 20 games I've been suppressing the urge to say this...I'd like to see Perron at C (at some point during training camp next year) I know, I know...you can't teach C at the NHL level, but, Perron really excels at nothing particularly suited to the wing. He's ho hum as a counterstrike player. Average from the sideboards, and up and down as a forechecker. Placing him at C might force him to use his teammates in the way that his skill-set beckons to be used. My main rationale for this: he leverages the boards (as a crutch) far too much, in a far too North/South manner...placing him at C pulls him away from the boards and into spots where he'll be forced to use his teammates as escapes.

It would probably have disastrous results, but I see no reason why he would be any less effective than Steen was (Steen's skillset is suited to the wing in a near absolute fashion).

No thank you to Perron at center. Steen at least knows the meaning of the word defense.

taylord22 04-23-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 (Post 64509907)
No thank you to Perron at center. Steen at least knows the meaning of the word defense.

Definitely agree re: Steen, but Perron's defense is apt, IMO. It's his forecheck and offensive decisions that have been atrocious. And maybe the latter of those is the reason why you don't put im at C.

2 Minute Minor 04-23-2013 12:24 PM

This team is just not giving me good vibes at all heading into the post-season. What contender is having to juggle the line-up with 3 games left in the season, to get players motivated or playing on the same page or 'buying-in' or whatever you want to call it?

I'm afraid the Blues are getting poised for a disappointing first round exit. There will be lots of finger-pointing and soul-searching, etc. I really hope that I'm wrong, but I don't sense any impending magic from this team. And its frustrating because I think the ingredients are there to do it. (Yeah, a #1C would be great, but no team is perfect. There are always going to be areas you'd like to upgrade.)

That said, I expect them to win tonight. I'll keep pulling for the Blues, but my expectations are pretty tame right now.

Steve Doan 04-23-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOrganist (Post 64508617)
We all know Perron blew last game. Just a message sending from Hitchcock. He'll play his way back up to the Berglund line. Then the lines will look how they did mid-way through the 2nd period in Colorado, which is how they should look. Thankfully, he's keeping Schwartz up top.

What an accomplishment that would be.....

Steve Doan 04-23-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 (Post 64509907)

Aside from that awful turnover sunday, Perron is pretty reliable defensively. Certainly more so than stewart or Amac.

Fluff Master 04-23-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor (Post 64510615)
This team is just not giving me good vibes at all heading into the post-season. What contender is having to juggle the line-up with 3 games left in the season, to get players motivated or playing on the same page or 'buying-in' or whatever you want to call it?

I'm afraid the Blues are getting poised for a disappointing first round exit. There will be lots of finger-pointing and soul-searching, etc. I really hope that I'm wrong, but I don't sense any impending magic from this team. And its frustrating because I think the ingredients are there to do it. (Yeah, a #1C would be great, but no team is perfect. There are always going to be areas you'd like to upgrade.)

That said, I expect them to win tonight. I'll keep pulling for the Blues, but my expectations are pretty tame right now.

Maybe because of the lockout, I don't know, but I get that feeling as well. We have the ingredients as you state, but that doesn't mean it mixes well. I just want the boys to get the spot clinched. I'll root for them as far as they go come post-season.

Oshie brings a lot to our game, glad to hear he is skating again so soon after his surgery. Maybe bringing him back into the fold will give us that spark back.