HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Post Game Talk: Pittsburgh Visited Ottawa (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1410531)

CanadianHockey 04-22-2013 09:17 PM

Pittsburgh Visited Ottawa

Continue here.

GDT linked here...
and Panic Thread is this way.

MiscBrah 04-22-2013 09:18 PM

some one tell me what the **** just happened.

I get out of my last exam to see a pathetic 2 minutes.

**** you turris. Banks the puck off a penguin shin with 2 minutes left you plug

Kezia 04-22-2013 09:18 PM

Sens Suck

OgieO 04-22-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianHockey (Post 64479535)
Wiercioch played that as you'd expect most defencemen to - brace for impact and try to protect the puck with your feet.

Zibby misread it, and Andy cheated off the post.

Agree with all of that. If Andy is just in his position, the shooter has absolutely nothing to shoot at.

Although, if you're not allowing someone else to retrieve the puck, Weircioch has to turn get that puck. Possible miscommunication between he and Zibby, but that's still on Anderson.

Oh well. Win in Washington and we're still looking good. It'll be nice to have Karlsson back.

Golden 04-22-2013 09:18 PM

A whole two minutes after the GDT was closed. Tsk. :sarcasm:

From the other thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by internetdotcom (Post 64479715)
Call me crazy, but even if we miss the playoffs (we won't), I wouldn't mind. A higher pick in this draft is not a bad thing, and better than being ousted in the first round.

With the way this team is playing we will assuredly get swept. Maybe they'll get their collective heads out of their ***** before it's too late. I'd rather they make the playoffs personally. They've earned it. But whatever.

L'Aveuglette 04-22-2013 09:19 PM

Two words: MAJOR FAIL.

Didn't do anything to Cooke, fine if you're going to make them pay on the scoreboard, but if you fail to show up for half the game, it's inexcusable. And Andy HAS to be better when playoffs are on the line or the rest of his stellar work this season will be for naught.

utah 04-22-2013 09:19 PM

This just in....

it's probably a good idea to set up the new thread before you close the old one.

Gil Gunderson 04-22-2013 09:19 PM

Disgusting effort. Big game against an injury riddled team and they look like absolute crap.

Tundraman 04-22-2013 09:20 PM

If you recorded this game watch how much the Pens are allowed to interfere on the face-offs and on the dump-ins. Lots of accidental bumps at centre ice on guys trying to get open too. Usually in many games when the Sens got in the way of a guy chasing the puck they always got a penalty. The Pens did it all night and were never called. Very uneven refereeing in the NHL.

Nac Mac Feegle 04-22-2013 09:20 PM

Too many Bingo kids and AHL level guys playing over their heads for too long. It was bound to fall apart sooner or later.

I am physically and emotionally drained from this season and all the injuries....Can't imagine how spent the guys on the team can stand on their feet having to play with it all year.

One Turris God 04-22-2013 09:20 PM

Andy sucked, MacLean sucked, our offense sucked, everything sucked.

MacLean:
learn how to play desperation hockey, AKA never put Smith or Neil on the ice in the last 5 minutes

WE HAVE A TIMEOUT FOR A REASON. We had a FO in their zone with like 3 mins left and instead of taking a timeout, we lost the FO and they went down and scored (I think, well either way we didn't win and they got an easy zone exit)

Even if we do make the playoffs, we are in no way shape or form ready to play. We would be swept easily at this rate.

Fenix Rises 2026 04-22-2013 09:20 PM

Tonne of positives tonight. This is a good team. Even if we miss the playoffs, there are a lot of things to look forward to here.

Iamok 04-22-2013 09:21 PM

There's not even a point to singling out individuals in these losses. The whole team needs to be better, it's as simple as that.

Kezia 04-22-2013 09:21 PM

Andy has gotta stop letting in softies late in the game.

CanadianHockey 04-22-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden (Post 64480209)
A whole two minutes after the GDT was closed. Tsk. :sarcasm:

To be fair, I had to merge multiple Panic Threads, I was in the process of changing my avy, because **** it, Alfietar was good luck, and my internet decided to crap out.

Jasper 04-22-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swedish Connection (Post 64480355)
Andy sucked, MacLean sucked, our offense sucked, everything sucked.

MacLean:
learn how to play desperation hockey, AKA never put Smith or Neil on the ice in the last 5 minutes

WE HAVE A TIMEOUT FOR A REASON. We had a FO in their zone with like 3 mins left and instead of taking a timeout, we lost the FO and they went down and scored (I think, well either way we didn't win and they got an easy zone exit)

Even if we do make the playoffs, we are in no way shape or form ready to play. We would be swept easily at this rate.

The timeout was already used.

OgieO 04-22-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenix Rises 2026 (Post 64480375)
Tonne of positives tonight. This is a good team. Even if we miss the playoffs, there are a lot of things to look forward to here.

Sorry, I'm an optimist til the end, but there wasn't much for positives tonight. We played Pittsburgh and nobody got hurt. That's all I got.

SensFan1955 04-22-2013 09:22 PM

jets still have caps and habs, so they can possibly lose, all we need is to be the caps and we already did once so lets do it, we can still do this, do not despair, its not over till the &&&&& sings

Super Six 04-22-2013 09:23 PM

Does Paulrus even know what a timeout is?

One Turris God 04-22-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper (Post 64480579)
The timeout was already used.

I read that was a Pittsburgh timeout

Either way, we lost and that's that

Marvelous Manked 04-22-2013 09:23 PM

This team needs to win two of the next three games in my opinion.

I actually like our chances. Why?

If Washington can beat Winnipeg tomorrow our playoff hopes rise DRAMATICALLY, and they won't have to worry about losing the division to the Jets. Tough game, but winnable for sure. Maclean has to inspire the troops.

Saturday is huge. Philly is the easiest opponent. Last home game. YOU HAVE TO SHOW UP AND PLAY. We can do it. We will do it. I believe <3.

Sunday I'd think we'd be be screwed. BUT, Boston is going to be exhausted, and IF they can clinch the division going in they'll probably rest their top players.

pepty 04-22-2013 09:24 PM

They defied the odds and played their way into a position to make the playoffs. Maybe they don't have enough left. But it would be a shame to see all that effort go for nothing.

The Penguins looked pretty terrific even without their top players so if we did go against them it would be road kill. But stil.... the playoffs and a good learning experience for all the rookies on this team.

Fenix Rises 2026 04-22-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OgieO (Post 64480581)
Sorry, I'm an optimist til the end, but there wasn't much for positives tonight. We played Pittsburgh and nobody got hurt. That's all I got.

I thought we generally outplayed them, minus a couple lapses. Same with Toronto on Saturday.

SenzZen 04-22-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiscBrah (Post 64480143)
some one tell me what the **** just happened.

I get out of my last exam to see a pathetic 2 minutes.

**** you turris. Banks the puck off a penguin shin with 2 minutes left you plug

Are you sure you didn't watch the whole game?

Micklebot 04-22-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OgieO (Post 64480581)

Turris was strong at the dot? :dunno: