HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Oduya (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1410625)

Oh_so_saad 04-22-2013 11:20 PM

Oduya
 
This guy is just terrible this evening. Turn overs won't take a body, I'm getting pissed:shakehead

How much longer is his contract for?

TorMenT 04-23-2013 07:48 AM

He's signed thru the 2014-2015 season.

digdug41982 04-23-2013 08:18 AM

Hopefully Montador is ready soon and we can scratch Oduya. As an aside, I've seen a lot of puns using his name but this is the first time I've seen it put as "blow doo doo". Nice use of word play.

Oh_so_saad 04-23-2013 08:33 AM

His game i feel has been on a steady decline the ladder half of the season. i second the montador notion

digdug41982 04-23-2013 08:44 AM

Yeah, he's always been inconsistent but not so much from game to game but for long stretches. That's why this is alarming. You're right, he's been declining for awhile now. We got a lot of good hockey from him but you have to plan based on what he is doing now and what you think he is going to do, not what he already did. This is why the team has extra NHL D-men.

Hawkaholic 04-23-2013 09:14 AM

Yeah, the whole game was his fault. Buy him out.

madgoat33 04-23-2013 09:15 AM

hard top judge when he's playing with brokebank

digdug41982 04-23-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkaholic (Post 64502051)
Yeah, the whole game was his fault. Buy him out.

Hey, we have Montador and Rozsival as alternatives. Why not consider them?

Hawkaholic 04-23-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 (Post 64502361)
Hey, we have Montador and Rozsival as alternatives. Why not consider them?

Firstly, Oduya is better than Montador by a fair margin.
Secondly, there was at least 2 other Dmen that were worst last night (Seabrook/Brookbank)

Keep hating the guy who makes under 3.5 though, and not the guys making more than 3.5...they were the real problem last night.

digdug41982 04-23-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkaholic (Post 64502663)
Firstly, Oduya is better than Montador by a fair margin.

Well, IMO, it is too close to call, very similar players that provide different things. I don't see any reason not to give Montador a look to see what he can do. If he doesn't really show anything, go back to Oduya. If Oduya, or anyone else for that matter, craps the bed in the playoffs like last year, they can sit too.

Hawkaholic 04-23-2013 09:39 AM

I got no problem putting Montador in, but only if it's for Brookbank. Mondator is not close to Oduya.

ndgt10 04-23-2013 09:48 AM

Only a matter of time before Odoodoo drops a turd on the ice in the playoffs. Remember last year he was casually exiting our end until Doan strips him from behind, takes the puck, and deposits it in the back of the net behind Crow?

digdug41982 04-23-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkaholic (Post 64503013)
I got no problem putting Montador in, but only if it's for Brookbank. Mondator is not close to Oduya.

Well, maybe Oduya would play better if Montador was playing next to him.

xX Hot Fuss 04-23-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndgt10 (Post 64503299)
Only a matter of time before Odoodoo drops a turd on the ice in the playoffs. Remember last year he was casually exiting our end until Doan strips him from behind, takes the puck, and deposits it in the back of the net behind Crow?

No. No Hawk fan remembers that happening at all

Sarava 04-23-2013 10:21 AM

Please don't make thread titles like that ever again.

DisgruntledHawkFan 04-23-2013 11:28 AM

Anyone seriously advocating throwing in a player who has seen ZERO nhl hockey this season for a guy who's been a pretty solid defenseman all year must have whiplash from their knee's jerking that quickly.

IU Hawks fan 04-23-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 (Post 64503571)
Well, maybe Oduya would play better if Montador was playing next to him.

Or Rosival, like he will in the POs.

Brookbank is a platoon player. He shouldn't be dressed come playoff time, that's why Rosy has only played 26 or so games this year. To keep him fresh.

McDooRoo 04-23-2013 12:20 PM

Oduya wasnt our worse dman last night by far. Seabrook, Brookbank, and Keith played worse than he did, so if we are talking about removing Oduya then we better replace those other three too.

:shakehead

Bubba88 04-23-2013 12:38 PM

not really a problem when the whole team plays lazy and without much effort.

DisgruntledHawkFan 04-23-2013 01:01 PM

He just gets hate piled on him for no apparent reason. He's not a player who will ever wow you. His solid games are boring and it makes his bad games stick out.

He's been painfully solid this year much to the chagrin of many hoping he'd flop and vindicate their claims of his contract being horrid.

digdug41982 04-23-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan (Post 64512401)
He just gets hate piled on him for no apparent reason. He's not a player who will ever wow you. His solid games are boring and it makes his bad games stick out.

He's been painfully solid this year much to the chagrin of many hoping he'd flop and vindicate their claims of his contract being horrid.

He played great for the 1st half plus a little but has been cold lately. Ideally, you could bench him for his cold stretches and play him the rest of the time. Streaky players always take a lot of flak, look at Sharp.

brtriad 04-23-2013 01:13 PM

Not a big fan but its hard to complain about anyone on this team right now. Its the off season when overpaying a bottom pairing guy like Oduya keeps us from resigning Stalberg that we can be upset.

DisgruntledHawkFan 04-23-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 (Post 64512757)
He played great for the 1st half plus a little but has been cold lately. Ideally, you could bench him for his cold stretches and play him the rest of the time. Streaky players always take a lot of flak, look at Sharp.

The only way for cold players to go warm again is to play. Oduya is a decent #4, great #5.

moose vasko 04-23-2013 01:42 PM

Oduya is weak against a heavy forecheck; that's not exactly a secret. Rozy/Leddy have to carry the #4 slot between them which is already happening with Leddy's promotion. Rozy could easily see more ice later on. As well, Q will not hesitate to shorten the bench when the time comes.

Oh_so_saad 04-23-2013 01:59 PM

i just got sick and tired of seeing him try and poke check in our own zone instead of taking the body. Every time he stick checked it poked the poke back to van player allowing them to re-establish a forecheck/beging cycling on us. If you dont have a direct play sometimes the best is to pin a guy till a winger or someone can get in there and support play.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.