HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Colorado Avalanche (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   What are your Top 10 Predictions for the Avs this Season?......... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=14107)

monkey_00* 09-24-2003 06:53 PM

What are your Top 10 Predictions for the Avs this Season?.........

I like to visit this Forum from time-to-time just to check up on what the Avs' fans think and have to say about their favorite NHL team...............What are your Top 10 Predictions for the Avs this Season?.........

DarioinDenver 09-24-2003 07:24 PM

I believe Lappy made one of these a while back but I think it got deleted....

1. Avalanche will have their best start since the 2001 campaign.
2. The first two lines will play a ton of minutes to start the year.
3. A major star on the first two lines will suffer a 20 game injury.
4. Svatos will fill in on the top two lines and become a "find" ala Vrbata and will give people reason for Calder consideration but will not have enough games.
5. Skoula will have a "breakout year" on the back of a heavy puck possession lines in front of him. His play will be mediocre but +/- will make people believe in his ability to play in a top 4 role.
6. Morris is the Avalanche highest scoring defenseman.
7. Abby has no problems in the regular season and is among the top 5 goaltenders in the league.
8. Worrell toward the middle of the season gives Granato and Co. reason to play the lower lines more ala power play and 4v4 time he and Hinote draw. Worrell/Hinote become the energy, checking line the Avalanche have missed for years now.
9. Avalanche win the division title but lose in the WCF to St. Louis, if Dallas they win :).
10. Pierre finds a way to retain the services of Kariya by the June deadline. Either Selanne or Forsberg take a haiatus/retirement.

Enoch 09-24-2003 08:12 PM

good picks DD, I'll come up with my own list tomorrow sometime.

Upon1 09-24-2003 08:32 PM

10. Avalanche forwards will take a few games to click but when they do take the league by storm dominating NHL media pages everywhere.
9. Grananto sits the 3rd and 4th lines out against Nashville as the top 6 score 13 goals in 60 minutes on ice.
8. Worrell becomes just the 2nd player in Paul Kariya's career (after Stu Grimson) to protect him after a needless hit.
7. Aebischer shuts down opposition on 'patrick roy' night and takes the league lead in shutouts.
6. Skoula makes the play of the year sliding behind the goalie in the last minute of game 6 of the WCSF to stop a game tying goal by Shanahan.
5. Avs have NHL's best powerplay (duh!)
4. Avs have NHL's worst penalty kill :dunno:
3. Sakic and Forsberg tie for Art Ross with 105 (can you tie?)
2. Kariya signs on for 4 years after season end for $3 million a season despite scoring 40 goals and 90 points.
1. DUCKS WIN STANLEY CUP :handclap:

Aerolanche 09-24-2003 08:50 PM

1. The Avalanche will start the season with a 9 game winning streak and have it broken by non other than the Calgary Flames.
2. Selanne will win the Rocket Richard award.
3. Sakic will win the Art Ross trophy.
4. The Avs will have 50 wins.
5. The Avs will beat the cinderella Tampa Bay Lightning in the Stanley Cup finals 4 games to none (1996 style, win it in South Florida).
6. Worrell will be the most hated player in Vancouver.
7. Sauve will start 30+ games.
8. Blake will score 60 points thanks to the powerplay.
9. The Penalty Kill will return to top 10 form.
10. The Avs will have the best record "when losing after 2 periods".

Enoch 09-24-2003 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Upon1
9. Grananto sits the 3rd and 4th lines out against Nashville as the top 6 score 13 goals in 60 minutes on ice.

I resent that

Quote:

7. Aebischer shuts down opposition on 'patrick roy' night and takes the league lead in shutouts.
Seriously doubt this happening, but it would be a pleasent surprise.

Quote:

4. Avs have NHL's worst penalty kill :dunno:
I doubt this as well. We added Nikolishin who is very good on the PK, and Skrastins who is great in the defensive end. I think our PK will be middle of the pack this year.
Quote:

3. Sakic and Forsberg tie for Art Ross with 105 (can you tie?)
There are several checks. Most goals is the 2nd determinant if needed, which would almost definitely be Sakic.
Quote:

2. Kariya signs on for 4 years after season end for $3 million a season despite scoring 40 goals and 90 points.
Would not happen even if there as a hard cap in place
Quote:

DUCKS WIN STANLEY CUP
:rant:

Enoch 09-24-2003 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renegade
10. The Avs will have the best record "when losing after 2 periods".

:yo: :yo:

What, 1-0???

:joker:

dempsey_k* 09-24-2003 10:26 PM

1 - Avs win their Division
2 - Avs lose in the second round to a resurgent Los Angeles
3 - Adam Foote misses 45 games
4 - David Aebischer proves sufficient and more cohesive than roy but not capable of stealing games like even the much older version of Roy in recent years
5 - Selanne scores 61 goals
6 - Sakic scores 120 points
7 - Blake scores 69 points, gets a +45
8 - Granato proves he's a mediocre at best tactical coach, but somewhat decent motivational coach.
9 - Skrastins proves to be less than expected, but more sufficient than Pratt or McAllister.
10 - Nikolishin and Battaglia have a rough time fitting into the Avalanche system.

Ensane 09-24-2003 10:50 PM

1. Forsberg is injured for a good 20% of the regular season
2. Forsberg doesn't miss a single playoff game
3. Lacroix stocks up for the playoffs getting a couple of forwards AND a defenseman at the deadline
4. JM Liles plays 60 games, scores 20 points, and is mentioned in Calder threads on HF boards, but only gets small consideration
5. Kariya and Selanne bolt after this season regardless of the outcome
6. Sakic is the team MVP, but mostly due to the firepower on the squad he is only a Hart finalist.
7. Not a single Av wins the Ross
8. Blake bounces back in both ends, but still isn't in his best year
9. Aebischer holds fort keeping the Avs in a top 3 spot in the West, but is traded as Lacroix has found the right deal.
10. The Stanley Cup is won by Colorado, Detroit, Dallas, or Ottawa ... if the latter three happen Granato is finished as an NHL coach.

andora 09-24-2003 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Upon1

6. Skoula makes the play of the year sliding behind the goalie in the last minute of game 6 of the WCSF to stop a game tying goal by Shanahan.

Quote:

5. The Avs will beat the cinderella Tampa Bay Lightning in the Stanley Cup finals 4 games to none (1996 style, win it in South Florida).
6. Worrell will be the most hated player in Vancouver.

:bow:.. i liked these four the best

Belgian Fan 09-25-2003 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarioinDenver
I believe Lappy made one of these a while back but I think it got deleted....

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=2453

It's still there, even though it came close to being closed at one point...

andora 09-25-2003 12:18 AM

boy that hoser guy got owned.. :p.. i kid of course..

Yayo 09-25-2003 03:20 PM

1. A forward in the AMP line will become injured by Scott Parker for 25% of the season and Marek Svatos will take his place.
2. Scott Parker will lose an arm and a leg facing Peter Worrell's fury.
3. The injured forward from the AMP line will be dealt along with Martin Skoula for the first overall pick in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft.
4. The Avalanche will draft Alexander Ovechkin.
5. Marek Svatos gets some Calder consideration but does not play enough games.
6. John-Michael Liles will win Rookie of the Year. This also contributes to Skoula's trade.
7. Rob Blake bounces back from his sub-par year and scores 60 points, with more than half on the powerplay.
8. Ray Bourque will return from retirement to help a struggling Avs team in December. much like Mario Lemieux did with the Pens.
9. David Aebischer will exceed expectations and win the Hart and Vezina. However, he doesn't go out Jose Theodore-style the year after as there will be a lockout in 2004.
10. The Stanley Cup Finals will be postponed by a diseased old woman looking for her red dress that she left on the street. The arena gets contaminated with germs and the Finals are never to be replayed.

Aerolanche 09-26-2003 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Man
10. The Stanley Cup Finals will be postponed by a diseased old woman looking for her red dress that she left on the street. The arena gets contaminated with germs and the Finals are never to be replayed.

So the Stanley Cup Finals are postponed, but never to be replayed..?

I see :joker:.

Also, quit mocking the crazy lady that lives on China Creek St. who thinks she's some sort of pirate!

;)

coltssports 09-26-2003 03:10 PM

Quote:

So the Stanley Cup Finals are postponed, but never to be replayed..?

I see :joker:.

Also, quit mocking the crazy lady that lives on China Creek St. who thinks she's some sort of pirate!

;)

crazy lady is dumb

Yayo 10-04-2003 02:54 PM

Fourteen replies to a prediction thread?? That's it??