HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   If you're Poile would you take a chance on Stefan Matteau ? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1410815)

Joe T Choker 04-23-2013 08:57 AM

If you're Poile would you take a chance on Stefan Matteau ?

His last year on the USNTDP his stats were this 9-13-22 - 73 PIM in 28 games ... sure he's an absolute crazy mfer ... something we need on this team to be quite honest.

Top 6 Spaling 04-23-2013 09:35 AM

I don't get it...in a trade? He's a devils prospect?

If you're talking trade, depends on the price of course.

Joe T Choker 04-23-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling (Post 64502905)

lol ... if you think that head case is a tradable asset, you're coo coo for cocoa puffs ... his CHL team released him from his contract.

Seth Lake 04-23-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave is a killer (Post 64503457)
lol ... if you think that head case is a tradable asset, you're coo coo for cocoa puffs ... his CHL team released him from his contract.

So, again... How would Poile acquire him? Matteau was a 1st round pick (29th overall) by the Devils last season. He has played for the Devils at the NHL level already. His QMJHL team has stated that they are releasing him, but will not do so till the season is over. All that's happened right now is that he was sent home. His is still under contract in the CHL to the Armada and has his NHL rights held by the Devils.

Poile would likely not be interested in acquiring Matteau, but I don't think Lou is looking to ship him off either. Expect Matteau to start next season in the AHL as he was drafted out of the NTDP and not the CHL.

barrytrotzsneck 04-23-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

I doubt NJ cares a whole bunch. Jon Merrill was suspended from UM for a considerable chunk of time. Matteau almost made the Devils as an 18 year old. They can work on him, I doubt very much they're looking to dump him just because of an issue in junior.

PredaDORES 04-23-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

So...what are you asking? He still has an entry level deal with New Jersey through 2015.

Our organization is not one that accepts poor character.

Confusing thread is confusing.

broad 04-23-2013 10:01 AM

It's because that he's a headcase that he won't get traded.

NJ would rather take their chances that he grows out of it than trade him for nothing.

Joe T Choker 04-23-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling (Post 64502905)

my bad duplicated post ... ugh

Jonesey 04-23-2013 11:40 AM

confusing thread is very confusing.