HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Starting goalie (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=14113)

semenko27 09-24-2003 05:56 PM

Starting goalie

Hey Sabres fans,

was wondering if any of you cood shed some light on who is gonna be the #1 goalie in Buf this year. I have heard alot of different stories about the 'tending situation and was hopin' someone could give me a heads up. I assume its Biron, but is that for sure?:dunno:

thanx....

1970 09-24-2003 05:59 PM

Martin Biron will be starting on October 8th. Not official, but pretty much guarneteed. hehe

MLH 09-25-2003 05:10 AM

<b>Martin Biron will be starting on October 8th. Not official, but pretty much guarneteed. hehe</b>

I'll give you 10-1 odd that that isn't true.

joechip 09-25-2003 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BartG101
<b>Martin Biron will be starting on October 8th. Not official, but pretty much guarneteed. hehe</b>

I'll give you 10-1 odd that that isn't true.

I'll take that bet.... :)

Nothing I've heard yet from training camp suggests that Mika or Miller have made a big push to unseat Marty. If that were the case then with Biron's contract I could see him getting moved and us signing a guy like Jamie Storr for around 1mil in the case of Mika starting or someone else to hold the fort in Rochester if Miller is the guy.

This is a more probable scenario 20 games into the season if Marty struggles.

Ta,

WhoIsJimBob 09-25-2003 05:38 AM

I wouldn't take that bet.

The Sabres aren't playing on October 8th.

Now if the bet is about who is the #1 goalie at the start of the season on the other hand, then I'd take the bet and pray that Marty doesn't get hurt.

joechip 09-25-2003 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bob
I wouldn't take that bet.

The Sabres aren't playing on October 8th.

Now if the bet is about who is the #1 goalie at the start of the season on the other hand, then I'd take the bet and pray that Marty doesn't get hurt.

Uh... yeah... yeah! What he said.

*Nods, thinking he covered that smoothly*

Ta,

1970 09-25-2003 07:46 AM

I meant October 9th, sorry.

But i'm sure Ruff will already let everyone by Oct 8th that Biron will be starting anyways.

BG43 09-25-2003 04:10 PM

I'll give you a hint..

It starts with B.... and ends with Iron..

Hahahaha.. "Iron".. maybe that could be a new nickname.. like Iron Mike Tyson.. only Iron Marty Biron.. hahahah.. no!? Ok...... lol

Sorry I'm being silly..... later

1970 09-25-2003 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BironsGirl43
I'll give you a hint..

It starts with B.... and ends with Iron..

Hahahaha.. "Iron".. maybe that could be a new nickname.. like Iron Mike Tyson.. only Iron Marty Biron.. hahahah.. no!? Ok...... lol

Sorry I'm being silly..... later

I see someone started drinking early tonight......... :D

BG43 09-25-2003 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brown37
I see someone started drinking early tonight......... :D

WhutRuTalKeNAbOut!?????! No dErinkiNg heAr! LMOUAHAHHA..

I'm just playing..

I'm not drunk... well not yet anyway.. lol

LALALALALALAFONTAINE 09-25-2003 07:22 PM

Let us know when yo u are! ;)

TVanek26* 09-26-2003 10:54 AM

Yeah, I just cannot see Mika Noronen or Ryan Miller playing so good right now for them to be ahead of Marty.