HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Carolina Hurricanes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: Nash and Wallace back to Charlotte, Jared Staal to make NHL debut (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1411737)

Lethargic 04-24-2013 11:24 AM

Nash and Wallace back to Charlotte, Jared Staal to make NHL debut

http://gocheckers.com/news/checkers/?article_id=1525

With two games left in their season, the Carolina Hurricanes reassigned Riley Nash and Tim Wallace to Charlotte on Wednesday. The two forwards would have missed the Checkersí first two playoffs games in Oklahoma City had they stayed with Carolina through its final game on Saturday.

Finlandia WOAT 04-24-2013 11:27 AM

Tankmaster Muller strikes again.

So the lines are:

Tlusty-Staal-Semin
Ruutu-J. Staal-Dwyer
Blanchard-Skinner-LaRose
Bowman-Brent-Westgarth

Boom Boom Anton 04-24-2013 11:28 AM

I guess this might be why Muller tried Skinner at 3rd line center? Knowing Nash would be sent back down

Brent is still out with injury..correct?

tarheelhockey 04-24-2013 11:30 AM

Score a crucial goal, get sent down.

This is Hurricanes hockey.

What the Faulk 04-24-2013 11:35 AM

And Jared Staal is coming up

Carolina Hurricanes ‏@NHLCanes
NEWS: #Canes to recall Jared Staal from @CheckersHockey: http://m.carhur.com/0evH

Blueline Bomber 04-24-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by What the Faulk (Post 64582691)
And Jared Staal is coming up

Carolina Hurricanes ‏@NHLCanes
NEWS: #Canes to recall Jared Staal from @CheckersHockey: http://m.carhur.com/0evH

Too bad Marc still isn't healthy enough to play. Missed what might be the only chance to see all 4 Staals play in an NHL game.

Boom Boom Anton 04-24-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber (Post 64582919)
Too bad Marc still isn't healthy enough to play. Missed what might be the only chance to see all 4 Staals play in an NHL game.

I'm sure there will be another chance 3 years from now when they are all on the Canes and are out of the playoff race late in the season.

Lucky Lindy 04-24-2013 11:43 AM

Only me who would want to see a line with Eric - Jordan - Jared?

wallym 04-24-2013 11:43 AM

Staal-Staal-Staal on the ice for the opening faceoff of the last homegame of the season would be pretty cool.

A nice thing to do for the family. I think it would be a neat moment for the fans. Definitely like it.

I'm sure the Checkers don't mind the tradeoff, either.

What the Faulk 04-24-2013 11:45 AM

If somehow Eric and Jordan both score, and it's a 1 goal Carolina lead late, I can see Jared being parked at center ice during the empty net situation.

But yeah, I'd be surprised if they don't start together. Should be pretty cool for the home finale

Boom Boom Anton 04-24-2013 11:45 AM

Yeah..I agree Wally. I have no problem with this even if it is a token gesture.

Lethargic 04-24-2013 12:00 PM

@ice_chip: Jared Staal will play on Jordan's line Muller says

Novacane 04-24-2013 12:03 PM

Cool. Glad I decided to go to this game.

halleJOKEL 04-24-2013 12:07 PM

Sweet gimmick in a pointless game.

Hopefully, that statement turns into a double entendre.

Gr8Dan 04-24-2013 12:14 PM

Its a gimmick to M.Staal, hey we got your family over here, think about it lol

tarheelhockey 04-24-2013 12:19 PM

No seriously, this HAS to be some kind of subtle message to Marc. WTF else has Jared done to earn an NHL recall over Nash?

This is so JR can look across at the Rangers' side of the press box and wiggle his eyebrows.

totaltank 04-24-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misfit Semin (Post 64584315)
@ice_chip: Jared Staal will play on Jordan's line Muller says

If the three of them don't eventually skate together, the Canes just don't get it. I don't see any reason they shouldn't start the game Staal-Staal-Staal, then switch. But they won't.

What the Faulk 04-24-2013 12:21 PM

Didn't Jordan start the home opener on Eric's line after being told that he'd have his own line? Just because he'll take regular shifts with Jordan doesn't mean they all won't start together.

EDIT: Or maybe it was the first Pittsburgh game I'm thinking of

Carolinas Identity 04-24-2013 12:24 PM

Welcome to Raleigh Staaleigh :nod:

rocky7 04-24-2013 12:30 PM

This isn't surprising at all. Staal-Staal-Staal would have the Canes fans in heaven. One day they will have all the bros. Count on it. Like I have said, this game like all pro sports is an entertainment business first and foremost and the marketing around the Staals is a shoe-in. They will be selling jerseys with all names and #'s on one. Imagine the potential. If they were American, that would be the icing on the cake. And yes, I agree that this is a not so subtle "hey Marc, looky here" wink wink. Let the show begin.

tarheelhockey 04-24-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by totalkev (Post 64585435)
If the three of them don't eventually skate together, the Canes just don't get it. I don't see any reason they shouldn't start the game Staal-Staal-Staal, then switch. But they won't.

There actually is a reason not to do that -- it double-shifts at least one of them to start the period and screws up the subsequent line rotations.

The more likely thing is that they get a shift together at the end of the game, if it's not close enough to be worth contesting full-force.

garnetpalmetto 04-24-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarheelhockey (Post 64582423)
Score a crucial goal, get sent down.

This is Hurricanes hockey.

Goal, what goal are you talking about? There's no goal for Riley Nash on the stats sheet. :sarcasm:

Seriously though I don't have a huge problem with this - let Nash help the Checkers in the playoffs and get time in a game of some level of import.

Carolinas Identity 04-24-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocky7 (Post 64586043)
This isn't surprising at all. Staal-Staal-Staal would have the Canes fans in heaven. One day they will have all the bros. Count on it. Like I have said, this game like all pro sports is an entertainment business first and foremost and the marketing around the Staals is a shoe-in. They will be selling jerseys with all names and #'s on one. Imagine the potential. If they were American, that would be the icing on the cake.

We should trade with Minny for Justin Falk

Projected starting lineup next season:

Staal//Staal//Staal
Falk//Faulk

That would be soooooo worth it just to hear Tripp call that shift :laugh:

DaveG 04-24-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto (Post 64586083)
Goal, what goal are you talking about? There's no goal for Riley Nash on the stats sheet. :sarcasm:

Seriously though I don't have a huge problem with this - let Nash help the Checkers in the playoffs and get time in a game of some level of import.

Bingo, this is what it's all about. Our season's over and we can send a little statement to Marc with this move. On the other hand Nash and Wallace can help the Checkers in a serious push for the Calder Cup. As well as Peters once the season's over.

What the Faulk 04-24-2013 12:34 PM

Fact checking myself above, it doesn't appear that it happened in any of the games I mentioned, though I could have sworn Eric and Jordan did start together once. Anyone remember this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarheelhockey (Post 64586075)
There actually is a reason not to do that -- it double-shifts at least one of them to start the period and screws up the subsequent line rotations.

The more likely thing is that they get a shift together at the end of the game, if it's not close enough to be worth contesting full-force.

Yeah but it's a meaningless game, and the fans/brothers would probably really appreciate it. There's something to be said for standing together on the ice listening to the anthems rather than just some random shift late.

Besides, couldn't you just count it as a shift for Jordan's line, since Jared is playing there anyway? Then go Skinner, then 4th, then Eric should be ready to go. He's used to double shifting anyway.