HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   News Article: Carey Price And A Weak Penalty Kill Are Sinking The Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1411801)

Slashers98 04-24-2013 01:47 PM

Carey Price And A Weak Penalty Kill Are Sinking The Montreal Canadiens
 
Carey Price And A Weak Penalty Kill Are Sinking The Montreal Canadiens
http://thehockeywriters.com/a-weak-p...eal-canadiens/

The Habs really need to improve their penalty kill if they want to go far in the playoffs.

25get 04-24-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slashers98 (Post 64586963)
Carey Price And A Weak Penalty Kill Are Sinking The Montreal Canadiens
http://thehockeywriters.com/a-weak-p...eal-canadiens/

The Habs really need to improve their penalty kill if they want to go far in the playoffs.

This seems to point at Carey Price first...

He lost sight of the puck on the second goal but you can not blame him for the two goals in PP.

It is easy to blame Carey these days.
Truth is the whole team was ugly in first 25-30 minutes.

Price was the best goalie on the ice last night. Do not tell me that Brodeur was busy. Not only quantity but quality also.

Mrb1p 04-24-2013 01:56 PM

... So Carey Price costed us the game ? Again? Damn I wonder why he's still playing.

Teufelsdreck 04-24-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slashers98 (Post 64586963)
Carey Price And A Weak Penalty Kill Are Sinking The Montreal Canadiens
http://thehockeywriters.com/a-weak-p...eal-canadiens/

The Habs really need to improve their penalty kill if they want to go far in the playoffs.

Do they offer constructive ideas on how to do it?

Mrb1p 04-24-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24get (Post 64587381)
This seems to point at Carey Price first...

He lost sight of the puck on the second goal but you can not blame him for the two goals in PP.

It is easy to blame Carey these days.
Truth is the whole team was ugly in first 25-30 minutes.

Price was the best goalie on the ice last night. Do not tell me that Brodeur was busy. Not only quantity but quality also.

More so when he got freaking scored on a break away... Cmon.

Dr Gonzo 04-24-2013 02:04 PM

Considering their last few articles posted here, I'm not going to give them any traffic. It's usually poorly written and mostly sensationalism/fluff complaining.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Undertakerqc 04-24-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo (Post 64587861)
Considering their last few articles posted here, I'm not going to give them any traffic. It's usually poorly written and mostly sensationalism/fluff complaining.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Agreed, and its not a news article, but an opinion piece.

Watsatheo 04-24-2013 02:21 PM

Bergevin dropped the ball and Price let it in the net.

25get 04-24-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrb1p (Post 64587583)
More so when he got freaking scored on a break away... Cmon.

Price needs to improve his breakaway performance.

As far as I know, a breakaway (penalty shot) is more dangerous than a penalty kill.

Although, previously in the season Carey would have stopped this.

Just noting that only one name here.
Price is not the only one having problem in the first half, the whole team has been bad for the last 6 games.

Strat 04-24-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24get (Post 64589075)
Price needs to improve his breakaway performance.

Yep.

But not only that... the WHOLE season, he's been getting beaten by straight shots ; no fakes, no screens, just plain straight shots. Yesterday was another example.

I don't know why because he had no such issues last year, but this year, if there's any player winding up for a shot and there's nobody in front of him, Price will usually get beaten.

Very strange and disconcerting.

Aceekay 04-24-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strat (Post 64593971)
Yep.

But not only that... the WHOLE season, he's been getting beaten by straight shots ; no fakes, no screens, just plain straight shots. Yesterday was another example.

I don't know why because he had no such issues last year, but this year, if there's any player winding up for a shot and there's nobody in front of him, Price will usually get beaten.

Very strange and disconcerting.

What the hell? What straight shot was he beaten by yesterday? A goal from a player left alone in front of the net, a breakaway goal and a tip. Carey price a great game yesterday and he still gets blamed for the loss.

And no price is fine with breakaways, but since he got scored on one yesterday he must be terrible at stopping breakaways. Knee jerk reaction fans nothing more nothing less.

Don't call this news because it isn't.

Treb 04-24-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watsatheo (Post 64588757)
Bergevin dropped the ball and Price let it in the net.

Clever :sarcasm:

:laugh:

Coldplay 04-24-2013 03:58 PM

Price is sucking. The PK is sucking. The defense is sucking. The offense is sucking. The penalty kill is sucking.

There.

Raider917 04-24-2013 04:00 PM

what about running out of gas because of being small. when will they admit that could be a reason?

Strat 04-24-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aceekay (Post 64594427)
What the hell? What straight shot was he beaten by yesterday? A goal from a player left alone in front of the net, a breakaway goal and a tip. Carey price a great game yesterday and he still gets blamed for the loss.

Most people are polarized, meaning they'll either blame Price regardless of what he does while others will praise/save him no matter what.

I'm calling it as I see it. Elias' goal, while a breakaway, illustrates exactly what I'm referring to, which is a player in front of him who takes a straight shot without any dangles or moves and gets beaten by it. It doesn't matter if it's a breakaway, or a player standing still in the faceoff circle. He gets beaten *so* often and it's been happening during the entire season. In fact, I mentioned it to a couple of buddies of mine a month into the season.

It's easy to notice, but if people have their "Price can do no wrong" glasses on, it's next to impossible to see how weak he is one-on-one.

ClasslessGuy 04-24-2013 04:16 PM

More like Carey Price & his team are sinking for a lot of reasons

Habs 04-24-2013 04:27 PM

What about how many teams are thrilled to have 59+ pts?

googlymoogly 04-24-2013 04:42 PM

They need to fix the PK.
They need to fix the PP.
They need to fix the forwards who have been floating around for the past two weeks who haven't been helping the D.

bud12 04-24-2013 05:09 PM

this article is weak

Dr Gonzo 04-24-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bud12 (Post 64598273)
this article is weak

Not sure why it's not just merged with the other Price thread.

It's not a News Article by any means. Sponsor or not, this is just an opinion piece, and should go with the rest of the opinions (ie: Price thread)

billy piton 04-24-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider917 (Post 64594755)
what about running out of gas because of being small. when will they admit that could be a reason?

then why the big bad bruins have had only one point more than habs in the last ten games. i guess they are small&and out of gas too... :sarcasm:

crystal ball 04-24-2013 05:37 PM

The biggest problem with this is "the hockey writers" is a crap site. In no way is this a news article. It's a blogger who's banded up with a bunch of other bloggers to start a legitimate-looking site. I'm not dissing bloggers, because some of them are awesome and have great content and excellent sources. But this bunch is just a group of fan bloggers who legitimized themselves under "the hockey writers." They know less than half of the people here.

SouthernHab 04-24-2013 05:43 PM

Our penalty kill has taken a more passive approach. And its not working. Similar to what Martin employed.

This approach added to Price being shaky has not helped the team. I hope that Therrien believes in adjustments.

Aceekay 04-24-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strat (Post 64595499)
Most people are polarized, meaning they'll either blame Price regardless of what he does while others will praise/save him no matter what.

I'm calling it as I see it. Elias' goal, while a breakaway, illustrates exactly what I'm referring to, which is a player in front of him who takes a straight shot without any dangles or moves and gets beaten by it. It doesn't matter if it's a breakaway, or a player standing still in the faceoff circle. He gets beaten *so* often and it's been happening during the entire season. In fact, I mentioned it to a couple of buddies of mine a month into the season.

It's easy to notice, but if people have their "Price can do no wrong" glasses on, it's next to impossible to see how weak he is one-on-one.

If you're going to claim he sucks on breakaways, prove it, because I guarantee you are wrong. But let's face it you're just going to throw these statements out without doing anything to back them up. If you're going to trash price fine, trash him the leafs game trash him if it helps you sleep at night, but seriously he's been the best he's ever been on breakaways this season, but like I said knee jerk reactions are the biggest problem with this fan base.

haburger 04-24-2013 06:33 PM

how is price getting bashed so much when andrei markov has CLEARLY been the most brutal over the last 10 games.check out his even strength goals against lately.ouch!!!he's clearly been the biggest problem.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.