HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Anaheim Ducks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Who do you see the Ducks signing in the Summer? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1411867)

Tyler Durden 04-24-2013 01:55 PM

Who do you see the Ducks signing in the Summer?

Which Free Agent Player do you think the Ducks will go after this summer? Is there enough cap space to sign an all-star? Or a top 6 forward? Thanks!

Ducks Nation* 04-24-2013 01:57 PM

Not much

Sojourn 04-24-2013 02:03 PM

I'm not sure this is a question that can be answered before we see how the playoffs go.

NEWFowler 04-24-2013 02:05 PM

If we go deep and lose in the finals or WCF, I can see Murray going after a big upgrade. Otherwise, not much.

quentez 04-24-2013 02:06 PM

As Murray seem to prefer the speedsters in the league I could see him have a go for Viktor Stalberg.

mightyquack 04-24-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler Durden (Post 64590793)
Which Free Agent Player do you think the Ducks will go after this summer? Is there enough cap space to sign an all-star? Or a top 6 forward? Thanks!

Given an All-Star would probably command upwards of 8m on the open market, I'll say no.

And I don't even think there is any top players heading towards FA this season? Not 100% sure on that front though.

I don't see the Ducks making many moves myself, more likely through trade if anything

Exit Dose 04-24-2013 02:10 PM

Nothing big. Maybe a 4C if they weren't happy with Steckel. The only signing I'm hoping for is Karlsson.

ShadowDuck 04-24-2013 02:11 PM

Way to early to answer that question.

But what do we need?
Hiller
Fasth
---
Anderson
Bobkov
Gibson

We're not going to sign any goalies.

We have 5 D set for next year, might re-sign Lovejoy, but Vats will likely start. Only depth/AHL signings if at all.

Depending on the management feels on Bones/Holland, we could sign a 2nd center but the ones available will be looking for a long term deal. (Roy,Weiss,Ribiero)

We might sign a center and an offensive winger but that it.

Don't see an exciting offseason for us.

quentez 04-24-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exit Dose (Post 64591781)
Nothing big. Maybe a 4C if they weren't happy with Steckel. The only signing I'm hoping for is Karlsson.

As long as we roll four lines I'll be very happy with Rakell as 4C (playing about 10 mins a game).

Exit Dose 04-24-2013 02:14 PM

Only if he's ready...

bumperkisser 04-24-2013 02:27 PM

not expecting much from us this off-season at all

Kalvinators 04-24-2013 02:33 PM

re-signing Palms could be our biggest move.

idiroft 04-24-2013 02:47 PM

Re-sign Palmieri and Koivu. Maybe Steckel and Lovejoy.

Etem - Getzlaf - Perry
Ryan - Bonino - Palmieri
Winnik - Koivu - Cogliano
Beleskey - Steckel/UFA/Rakell/Holland - Smith-Pelly

Fowler - Sbisa
Souray - Beauchemin
Allen - Vatanen/Lovejoy/Lindholm/UFA

Hiller
Fasth

Maybe trade Ryan and get a legitimate #2C?

Exit Dose 04-24-2013 02:50 PM

I don't see them trading for a 2C at this point. Bonino looks pretty close.

Kalvinators 04-24-2013 02:54 PM

I`d like to keep Steckel

We should also keep one of Lydman/Lovejoy

McDonald19 04-24-2013 03:09 PM

Not much. It's a bad UFA market, especially for d-men.

Re-sign Koivu, Steckel, Lovejoy.

Selanne retires.

Let Lydman, Lombardi, Dvorak go.

Sign a depth forward or two. Maybe a better fighter than Staubitz.

KEEROLE Vatanen 04-24-2013 03:19 PM

Honestly, unless we can get a top 4 D, I am perfectly fine filling the roster from within the organization. I think that's one of the reasons they paid Perry and Getzlaf..because alot of cheap, young players are close to being contributors

next year i can see....

?/Getzlaf/Perry
Palmieri/Bonino/Ryan
Winnik/Koivu/Cogliano
Beleskey/Holland/Etem/Rakell/Maroon/DSP

I don't see us moving Ryan with Selanne retiring, despite this board souring on him.

AngelDuck 04-24-2013 03:26 PM

I'd trade Bobby and Sbisa (They just aren't needed).

(Player we get for Bobby and/or Sbisa)-Getzlaf-Perry
Palmieri-Bonino-Etem
Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano
Beleskey/DSP-Steckel/Rakell-Maroon

Beauch-Souray
Fowler-Lindholm
Allen-Vatanen

Sojourn 04-24-2013 03:27 PM

Bobby and Sbisa aren't needed?

KEEROLE Vatanen 04-24-2013 03:28 PM

Trading Ryan is totally dependent on the return, you don't trade him just to do it.
if the flyers are still in love with him, yes i'd totally entertain a deal centered around Coutourier or Schenn

AngelDuck 04-24-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sojourn (Post 64596249)
Bobby and Sbisa aren't needed?

No. We have Lindholm to take over for Sbisa, and Etem and Palmieri look like they're ready to take on top 6 roles. We should look to move up in the draft by dangling Sbisa and Ryan IMO. Try to draft Monahan at around 8

Sojourn 04-24-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelDuck (Post 64596375)
No. We have Lindholm to take over for Sbisa, and Etem and Palmieri look like they're ready to take on top 6 roles. We should look to move up in the draft by dangling Sbisa and Ryan IMO. Try to draft Monahan at around 8

Lindholm, a defenseman who hasn't played a single NHL game yet. Palmieri, I'll give you that. He's looked like a legit top six offensive player many nights. Etem, no. I expect the Ducks to give him a look in the top six, but by no means is it a given. He's been very good in a bottom six role, but his offensive game is still very raw.

Let's give away proven players, so we can take a risk on sexy untested talent.

c4rcy 04-24-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelDuck (Post 64596375)

This is pretty bad logic IMO.

A guy with < 1 year of AHL experience (incorporating injuries) to replace Sbisa, a proven top 6 (some might argue top 4) defender on most teams in the league? Sbisa's having a bad year, but if he leaves, we lose a lot of what he brings that Hampus probably will not bring as a 19 year old at the NHL level.

Etem has been seeing bottom 6 + PK minutes, and hasn't stepped enough into a scoring role in order to merit top 6 minutes. He plays hard, works hard, but simply isn't producing at a top 6 level yet. Palms is the closest of the three, but even then, we haven't seen him produce for a full season at that level. Hard to say that they're ready at this point in time.

And on top of that, we aren't going to trade a 4-time 30 goal scorer + a physical PMD to try to move up in the draft, for an unproven prospect. We create way more holes than we fill. I'd rather give Bonino, Holland, Karlsson a shot before ever trying to trade up in the draft.

quentez 04-24-2013 03:45 PM

I'd probably trade Ryan for either:

A top quality D with experience

or

A top4 D and a offensive prospect

Ducks Nation* 04-24-2013 03:46 PM

Etem will be top 6 in 2 seasons maybe next season no doubt in my mind, one of the hardest working kids I have ever seen.