HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Reviews? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1411891)

Jarick 04-24-2013 02:24 PM

Reviews?

What are your guys' thoughts about a "Reviews" tag?

I figure we could start a thread for a piece of gear and anyone who's using it can chime in on their thoughts. Kind of an ongoing review and feedback thread for each item.

I tried to start one of those for sticks, but it's hard to read through them all.

Could make it easier for people to find feedback about particular sticks, helmets, etc.

Also, we could have threads dedicated to product families. So like the Warrior Covert thread would cover DT1, DT2, etc. Or CCM RBZ would cover the 60, etc.

Thoughts?

AIREAYE 04-24-2013 02:31 PM

Sounds good to me, I say try it and see how people respond. Though Jarick, would you rename/shuffle around existing threads under this system?

jorbjorb 04-24-2013 02:51 PM

good idea.

Jarick 04-24-2013 02:51 PM

If there's a demand for it. Would take a little while, but it would be useful.

Honestly I liked the Reviews section over at MSH, but I think if you could combined the long-term-reviews with conclusions and short-takes, it would be very helpful.

I think, though, it would be more useful to keep the threads to actual hands-on experience only, vs say a thread announcing a new product line is coming out and then speculation about it, and finally six months later some actual user feedback. Those are good too, just not the same.

jordanking87 04-24-2013 07:07 PM

great idea, i too like how msh does it but organizing by product line would be really cool

7toZulu 04-24-2013 07:12 PM

I will start off by saying that the Easton s19 helmet is too light for my Bauer 9900 cage, and it also pulls my hair when i take it off. The hair thing makes me cranky :p:

TheeNorthStar 04-24-2013 07:21 PM

I say go for it.

Would like a Marketplace as well but i know thats tough to manage.

leftwinger37 04-24-2013 07:22 PM

Can I troll people and tell them that their opinions are wrong?

AIREAYE 04-24-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leftwinger37 (Post 64607499)
Can I troll people and tell them that their opinions are wrong?

lol are you referring to something?

leftwinger37 04-25-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AIREAYE (Post 64617843)
lol are you referring to something?

No, but on another forum that I am also a member of (:sarcasm:), I see a lot of negativity toward people for giving their opinions or stating their preferences/likes/dislikes about equipment and in just general... sometimes even from the moderators. This has never really happened to me personally and I am truly not trying be infalmmitory (troll was probably not the best choice of words); it's just an observation.

That said, it's a given that disagreements happen everywhere, especially on the internet (yes, even here) where you can remain relatively anonoymous. I just hope that we can be mature and open-minded and remember that we're all just trying to inform/help one another.

AIREAYE 04-25-2013 08:40 AM

Yeah I think I know what you mean. Great points!

SCritical 04-25-2013 09:13 AM

Disagreeing with someone's opinions and offering our own is fine I should think, but hopefully we can do this without resorting to personal attacks

leftwinger37 04-25-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCritical (Post 64632751)
Disagreeing with someone's opinions and offering our own is fine I should think, but hopefully we can do this without resorting to personal attacks

Well put.

Jarick 04-25-2013 12:13 PM

For sure. If you see any of those, hit the "report" button and a mod will clean it up.

mistrhanky 04-25-2013 01:13 PM

Sounds like a great idea. It gets tough to wade through a 1000 posts when you are interested in a particular item sometimes. It might also be good to recommend some fields for people to include in their reviews. As an example, I am a n00b and the assessment of a stick from a guy who has played 10+ years at a high level might not apply to me as well as someone closer to my situation. Knowing experience level, league level, position, age, height, etc often has a big impact on product experience.

Jarick 04-25-2013 01:27 PM

I agree!

I liked the concept of the Stick Experience thread, but it's not useful, and overlaps the Advice sticky...

I found a way to split sticky threads so they are stuck up top AND down in the bottom where we can see them easier. That will be nice.

Also, the good global mods added the "REVIEW" prefix that we can use.

Got a couple templates I've used in the past:

STICKS
- User Info
- First Impressions
- Weight & Balance
- Feel
- Flex
- Shooting
- Durability
- Intangibles
- Conclusions/Recommendations

PROTECTIVE
- User Info
- First Impressions
- Fit
- Protection
- Weight & Mobility
- Durability
- Intangibles
- Conclusions/Recommendations

ChiTownHawks 04-25-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AIREAYE (Post 64631665)
Yeah I think I know what you mean. Great points!

Haha, I know exactly what you guys are talking about and agree completely. The top few guys over there seem to put themselves on quite the pedestal when it comes to gear knowledge/reviews.

howeaboutthat 04-25-2013 05:28 PM

As long as it doesn't feature reviews like those seen on store websites like,

"Just got these skates and they're well cool, sharpest blades I've ever had."

then sure, might be good.