HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Nurse vs Trouba (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1412079)

Gritzky98 04-24-2013 07:14 PM

Nurse vs Trouba
 
How do these two match up, and who do you think will be a better player?

Sloth Slothersons* 04-24-2013 07:36 PM

Would prefer Doctor.

Exit Dose 04-24-2013 07:59 PM

Nurse for me.

Joey Moss 04-24-2013 08:07 PM

Voting Trouba right now, could change.

DuckJet 04-24-2013 08:27 PM

Lets wait a couple years.

Teeder9 04-24-2013 08:28 PM

I really like Trouba, and I've seen far more of him.

Roo Mad Bro 04-24-2013 08:43 PM

I think Nurse is a better prospect than Trouba was last year, but Trouba has really improved (mostly offensively) in his post-draft year.

I'll take Nurse just because I feel like he has the higher upside, mostly due to his athleticism for a player his size.

DKQ 04-24-2013 08:47 PM

Trouba for me, has a better hockey sense which for me is better for the future than Nurse's superior athleticism

Rabid Ranger 04-24-2013 10:09 PM

I don't get the athleticism argument as applied to hockey players. Hockeysense is much more important.

dem 04-24-2013 10:18 PM

Trouba is the best defense prospect out there from what I've seen.

Absolute beast.

timekeep 04-25-2013 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dem (Post 64619899)
Trouba is the best defense prospect out there from what I've seen.

Absolute beast.

This, he should make the Jets next year. When they took him I thought they were reaching like Scheifele but he might turn out to be the best dman from that draft.

untouchable21 04-25-2013 05:41 AM

I voted Trouba.

I like Nurse, but he does lack in the hockey sense department and great hockey sense trumps athleticism any day. Trouba is an absolute BEAST on the ice.

stempniaksen 04-25-2013 05:47 AM

Trouba is on another level, imo. No slight against Nurse who is going to be a great defenceman, but there's something special about Trouba.

gifted88 04-25-2013 07:56 AM

Nurse's skill set is very intriguing so I'll vote for him.

Why has Trouba been scratch for the Jets? is he hurt?

Huffer 04-25-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gifted88 (Post 64630559)
Nurse's skill set is very intriguing so I'll vote for him.

Why has Trouba been scratch for the Jets? is he hurt?

He was only brought in to the Jets after his NCAA season was done, and at that point the Jets were locked in a race to make the playoffs. He was mainly added to the roster to get a taste of the NHL (practices, travel, meet the team, etc).

If the Jets weren't in a race for a spot he would have most likely have seen some action.

Nothing Is New 04-25-2013 08:32 AM

Voted Trouba. Good, physical, composed, hockey smart. A 10 year all-star after year 2.

tony d 04-25-2013 09:24 AM

Trouba for me.

TylerSVT* 04-25-2013 09:55 AM

Trouba

Renegade Stylings 04-25-2013 10:12 AM

Trouba for me, no doubt.

DuckJet 04-25-2013 10:46 AM

Personally love seeing so many people take notice of Trouba's talent. He was my 5th ranked guy last year but everyone thought he was too vanilla to go top 5. Some even thought he shouldn't go top 10

Whileee 04-25-2013 12:13 PM

I am also confused by the term "athleticism" now that I see it being applied to hockey prospects. Does this mean that they are good skaters? Trouba is a fantastic skater. Are they strong and well-balanced? Trouba is both. Do they have good timing and a good shot? Yes to both, for Trouba.

How would you apply the "athleticism" label to some of hockey's all-time greats? Was Gretzky athletic? What about Lemieux? Crosby? Malkin?

I think this is just some new jargon that has crept into hockey scouting lingo. At the end of the day, a player should be judged on hockey sense, skating, puck skills, strength, endurance, and character, etc. Several of those criteria require good "athleticism", but it's more precise to just say what is meant by that term.

I'll vote Trouba. He is further in his development than Nurse and at this point shows tremendous upside and few weaknesses.

Lacaar 04-25-2013 12:47 PM

Trouba is hansel hot on hfboards.

He's probably the hotest ticket on the boards atm. He's not going to lose a poll to any prospect I don't think.

He just seems to have everything you'd want from a defender. Offense, Defence, Physical, Skates, Smart.

Played great in WJC. Only time I've personally ever seen him. But reading the boards he's definately the real deal.

sanitysrequiem 04-25-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whileee (Post 64640619)
I am also confused by the term "athleticism" now that I see it being applied to hockey prospects. Does this mean that they are good skaters? Trouba is a fantastic skater. Are they strong and well-balanced? Trouba is both. Do they have good timing and a good shot? Yes to both, for Trouba.

How would you apply the "athleticism" label to some of hockey's all-time greats? Was Gretzky athletic? What about Lemieux? Crosby? Malkin?

I think this is just some new jargon that has crept into hockey scouting lingo. At the end of the day, a player should be judged on hockey sense, skating, puck skills, strength, endurance, and character, etc. Several of those criteria require good "athleticism", but it's more precise to just say what is meant by that term.

I'll vote Trouba. He is further in his development than Nurse and at this point shows tremendous upside and few weaknesses.

From a hockey perspective, I think of athleticism as strength, explosiveness, agility, balance, reflexes, hand-eye coordination, skating ability, and lung recovery. And yes, all-time greats have lots of those characteristics, of course some more than others.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.