HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   What is the shelf life of Jason Allison? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=14124)

Joe T Choker 09-24-2003 06:20 PM

What is the shelf life of Jason Allison?

With the recurring PCS, how many more years do you think Jason has left in the league?

Looger 09-24-2003 06:27 PM

well, if he doesn't play this season i would think for his own health he'll call it a short but promising career.

if it's not better after this much time off then that's pretty much that. he's made a few bucks and wants to remember how to tie his shoes.

The_Wiz 09-25-2003 07:01 AM

Sadly, head health wise, he's a lot like Eric Lindros, let's hope he doesn't become like Brett Lindros.

On a selfish note, i have Palffy in my hockey draft, so please Jason, get well soon !!! :(

bb_fan 09-25-2003 08:34 AM

shelf life..............

apperently he has a very long shelf life..............

Riggins 09-25-2003 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Wiz
On a selfish note, i have Palffy in my hockey draft, so please Jason, get well soon !!! :(

I don't think you have to worry about that. Ziggy put up 85 in 76 playing with derek armstrong last year!
This year it looks like he'll have Stumpel and Frolov. Worry about him staying healthy, not his production.

Other Dave 09-25-2003 11:39 AM

"Jozef Stumpel suffered a strained neck in the second period of Saturday's preseason game against Phoenix, according to the Los Angeles Times."

Other Dave

Looger 09-25-2003 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Other Dave
"Jozef Stumpel suffered a strained neck in the second period of Saturday's preseason game against Phoenix, according to the Los Angeles Times."

not too uncommon in the preseason i have found for minor neck and back pains, off-season training can't simulate everything. players still have to find their 'comfort zones', sometimes they push too hard.

wouldn't read too much into that.

Feenom 09-25-2003 12:17 PM

Unfortunately about 6-8 weeks. :D

Kevin Forbes 09-25-2003 12:17 PM

however one should read a lot into the dizzy and blindness he has when skating fast....
that's scary stuff
for the sake of his life after hockey, he better get it all cleared up before playing hockey professionally any further

Dr.Sens(e) 09-25-2003 04:25 PM

Short-term, I'd shy away. Long-term, I'd buy.

Realistically, we've seen the likes of Kariya, Lindros and others come back from concussions a lot worse for longer away period and perform well for multiple years after such an injury, so I think his career is far from over even if he is still suffering from severe PCS.

Even if he took this year off (which doesn't seem likely), I wouldn't be surprised to see him come back next year and average a PPG.