HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Washington Capitals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   GDT: Senators @ Capitals, 4.25.13, 7:00 EST, Verizon Center (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1412511)

AlexBrovechkin8 04-25-2013 11:14 AM

Senators @ Capitals, 4.25.13, 7:00 EST, Verizon Center
 
Per Katie, Neuvirth starting and Ward skating but won't play tonight. Possible return vs Boston which is good news. Line-up and scratches remain the same from Tuesday.

First game in a while I'll be watching stress free. I'd like to see the guys come out flying and carry the momentum, but won't be surprised if they put up a stinker.

Edit: Erik Karlsson returning for the Senators tonight just 10 weeks after tearing his Achilles Tendon. Pretty remarkable.

Hivemind 04-25-2013 11:21 AM

Bad feelings about this one.

Jedgi 04-25-2013 11:23 AM

Would prefer a win here so as to not play OTT in round 1, but we'll see.

BobRouse 04-25-2013 11:24 AM

Decisive victory.

Ovechkins Wodka 04-25-2013 11:39 AM

dont get hurt

KarlSen 04-25-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ovechkins Wodka (Post 64638927)
dont get hurt

This!

Rest Ovie, Backstrom, Green and Holtby. Just ignore my AV and location!:D

marcel snapshot 04-25-2013 11:43 AM

Same lineup tonight means no one is really knicked up, outside of what we already knew (Laich and Ward), because anyone who was sub-optimal would be rested tonight.

I'd favor sitting Nicky and Green against the Bruins on Saturday - two injury-prone guys that we can't afford to be without.

AlexBrovechkin8 04-25-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All Alfie (Post 64639051)
This!

Rest Ovie, Backstrom, Green and Holtby. Just ignore my AV and location!:D

We are resting Holtby. I'd prefer we beat you tonight to keep you guys out of 6th. Still hoping the Leafs fall to that spot.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz 04-25-2013 11:47 AM

Roll 4 lines and try to pad Ovie's stats.

txpd 04-25-2013 11:49 AM

neuvirth won his last two starts with a combined .930 sv %. i expect a win tonight.

Hivemind 04-25-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txpd (Post 64639445)
neuvirth won his last two starts with a combined .930 sv %. i expect a win tonight.

GOALIE CONTROVERSY!!!!!




:sarcasm:

KarlSen 04-25-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexBrovechkin8 (Post 64639185)
We are resting Holtby. I'd prefer we beat you tonight to keep you guys out of 6th. Still hoping the Leafs fall to that spot.

I was at the last game in Ottawa, Holtby was outstanding. In the 2nd period we were calling for him to be the 2nd star.

AlexBrovechkin8 04-25-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All Alfie (Post 64639745)
I was at the last game in Ottawa, Holtby was outstanding. In the 2nd period we were calling for him to be the 2nd star.

Yep, minus that terrible turnover that gave you your second goal. Holtby is either Holtbeast or Loltby, but that's to be expected with someone in his 1st full season as a #1. You guys pretty much dominated the last game so I'm hoping our guys can put up a better fight this time.

AlexBrovechkin8 04-25-2013 11:57 AM

OT: Alex Semin out final two games with a concussion. In 44 GP, he had 13 G and 31 A for 44 PTS.

amjay13 04-25-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexBrovechkin8 (Post 64639917)
OT: Alex Semin out final two games with a concussion. In 44 GP, he had 13 G and 31 A for 44 PTS.

Pretty good year but in the end the Caps made the right decision.

jsykes 04-25-2013 12:05 PM

I'd still like to see them win out the season against two playoff teams if for no other reason than to just keep the pedal down and set the tone for the playoffs.

foundhockey 04-25-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz (Post 64639339)
Roll 4 lines and try to pad Ovie's stats.

Absolutely. St. Louis killed it last night, plus he has two more games to play.

I want the Caps to win because our last game against Ott was so horrible. :cry:

CapitalsCupFantasy 04-25-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexBrovechkin8 (Post 64639917)
OT: Alex Semin out final two games with a concussion. In 44 GP, he had 13 G and 31 A for 44 PTS.

The next year or two will be telling for him. He got paid, now let's see how serious he stays.

This one worked out best for all parties IMO. Happy for him.

Keegan 04-25-2013 12:36 PM

Any restrictions on bringing signs to the game?

ChibiPooky 04-25-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keegan (Post 64641673)
Any restrictions on bringing signs to the game?

I've never tried, but I've seen signs on camera.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz 04-25-2013 01:11 PM

Sign-holders are worse than leaners (if they're older than 8).

ajmidd12 04-25-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsykes (Post 64640291)
I'd still like to see them win out the season against two playoff teams if for no other reason than to just keep the pedal down and set the tone for the playoffs.

Please do this, if anything for your Southeast division brothers the Jets!!! One last time, help us out :D

Cheers guys, it's been a fun run.

AlexBrovechkin8 04-25-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keegan (Post 64641673)
Any restrictions on bringing signs to the game?

I doubt they'll allow a pro-Senators sign to remain visible for very long.

ChibiPooky 04-25-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz (Post 64643561)
Sign-holders are worse than leaners (if they're older than 8).

I actually had a guy try to tell me to sit down during the player introductions last game.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz 04-25-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChibiPooky (Post 64643721)
I actually had a guy try to tell me to sit down during the player introductions last game.

So long as you're a practitioner of the 'puck-in-play' rule, you can stand or lean as much as you want.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.