HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Defensive D to MTL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1412721)

XxCanadiensxX 04-25-2013 04:20 PM

Defensive D to MTL
 
Maybe Orpik? Or Smid?

Halifaxhab* 04-25-2013 04:32 PM

Or a 2nd for Dillon from dallas

Perro 04-25-2013 05:04 PM

I could see either scuds or Regher not being re-signed in LA (just due to cpa reasons) if so Montreal should go after one of them.

Blind Gardien 04-25-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perro (Post 64653187)
I could see either scuds or Regher not being re-signed in LA (just due to cpa reasons) if so Montreal should go after one of them.

Yeah, go after a UFA. But don't get carried away paying out a premium contract for one. Habs have 6 guys under contract and some young guys on the way. It's not a situation that calls out for paying a stay-at-homer $4M on a 4+ year deal. It might mean the Habs don't get one, of course. But they've already got that contract down on Gorges, and probably need more of a bargain bin option when adding somebody.

capitalsrock 04-25-2013 05:22 PM

You want Jeff Schultz

You need Jeff Schultz

Pierce Hawthorne 04-25-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halifaxhab (Post 64652069)
Or a 2nd for Dillon from dallas

You actually think a 2nd gets you Dillon?

:help::shakehead

Halifaxhab* 04-25-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne (Post 64654549)
You actually think a 2nd gets you Dillon?

:help::shakehead

:shakehead at least I started with somekind of offer.and I didnt say which one either...we have 3. Now, let me guess. A 1st or "not moving for your garbage" or "start with Subban":help:

Mr Misty 04-25-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halifaxhab (Post 64654823)
:shakehead at least I started with somekind of offer.and I didnt say which one either...we have 3. Now, let me guess. A 1st or "not moving for your garbage" or "start with Subban":help:

Although he hasn't gotten the headlines that the Brodins/Hamiltons/Schultzs have, Dillon has been in that same class IMO. Considering the physicality and meanness he has is almost totally lacking on the Dallas blueline, he really isn't available. The only scenario I would trade Dillon would be in a package for a Subban/Webber/Pietrangelo/OEL type number 1, and those guys just aren't available for trade.

Zippy316 04-25-2013 06:30 PM

Volchenkov

for

http://www.jerryshockey.com/media/ca...o_pucks_2_.jpg

Halifaxhab* 04-25-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Misty (Post 64657353)
Although he hasn't gotten the headlines that the Brodins/Hamiltons/Schultzs have, Dillon has been in that same class IMO. Considering the physicality and meanness he has is almost totally lacking on the Dallas blueline, he really isn't available. The only scenario I would trade Dillon would be in a package for a Subban/Webber/Pietrangelo/OEL type number 1, and those guys just aren't available for trade.

No doubt he would fill a need for MTL. He plays a role/style similar to Emelin here. But no way in heck will a team that is a playoff contender (NSH had one bad year) trade a #1D man for a #4D man even if other good parts are added.

Now to get a team to trade from a position with organizational depth (in MTL that's top 6/9 C) I would trade Desharnais to Dallas to fill their #2C role (with pieces either way to even it out)

Mr Misty 04-25-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halifaxhab (Post 64686881)
No doubt he would fill a need for MTL. He plays a role/style similar to Emelin here. But no way in heck will a team that is a playoff contender (NSH had one bad year) trade a #1D man for a #4D man even if other good parts are added.

Now to get a team to trade from a position with organizational depth (in MTL that's top 6/9 C) I would trade Desharnais to Dallas to fill their #2C role (with pieces either way to even it out)

Like I said before, there's no reason to move a top dman for a bunch of pieces. Dillon is our #2 and defensive defenseman is our 2nd biggest need area.

FanHabtic 04-25-2013 10:56 PM

The Habs just need a healthy Emelin in the lineup and Jarred Tinordi who is developing nicely. Its no coincidence that the Habs recent slide has coincided with Emelin's injury.

Tinordi is here to stay and will get some NHL playoff experience. Next season he is expected to fill a bottom pairing role. He is exactly what the Habs need next season.

Number1RedWingsFan52 04-25-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxCanadiensxX (Post 64651633)
Maybe Orpik? Or Smid?

Be realistic Smid just resigned with Edmonton? He's not going any where.

Guilliam 04-25-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanHabtic (Post 64691337)
The Habs just need a healthy Emelin in the lineup and Jarred Tinordi who is developing nicely. Its no coincidence that the Habs recent slide has coincided with Emelin's injury.

Tinordi is here to stay and will get some NHL playoff experience. Next season he is expected to fill a bottom pairing role. He is exactly what the Habs need next season.

This.

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Tinordi-Diaz

Now they might get a replacement if Emelin isn't ready to start the season but I would guess that Bouillon will be asked to fill in in the mean time and that's it.

Frozen Failure 04-26-2013 12:18 AM

You could always go sign Regehr or Scuderi as a stopgap.

And it would take at least two of your 2nds to get Dillon. Even then Dallas probably says no regardless.

lakai17 04-26-2013 12:28 AM

Nick Schultz

Ghetto Sangria 04-26-2013 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozen Failure (Post 64694655)
You could always go sign Regehr or Scuderi as a stopgap.

And it would take at least two of your 2nds to get Dillon. Even then Dallas probably says no regardless.

Yah I would give much more than that for Dillon. He is one hell of a player. Incredibly underrated.

habber25 04-26-2013 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez (Post 64695897)
Yah I would give much more than that for Dillon. He is one hell of a player. Incredibly underrated.

the thing about that is that the stars know his real value, and won't trade him for anything short of overpayment

Halifaxhab* 04-26-2013 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozen Failure (Post 64694655)
You could always go sign Regehr or Scuderi as a stopgap.

And it would take at least two of your 2nds to get Dillon. Even then Dallas probably says no regardless.

Regehr or Scuderi would be great, if it doesn't take a ridiculous contract (ex 4M over 4yrs)

Dillon is a great young Dman, but that would be too much, Murray got that and he is much more established and proven. I have a feeling he'll play a similar game to this year and if he works on his transition game (which had some issues, but as a rookie, it's expected) he'll be a big name for many years.

I'd sooner give Tinordi the roster spot before paying that for a Defensive Dman as he is already here and is capable of that style of play and has shown flashes already.



Also, Gainey is probably wispering in Joe's ear now about trading him away for Weber :sarcasm:

mrinsane 04-26-2013 09:55 AM

I can see Brent Seabrook or Ryan O'byrne as solution but Bourque or Desharnais are key to acquire RHD with two way skills

Oroku Saki* 04-26-2013 10:02 AM

Tallinder for a 3rd.

Domino11 04-26-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrinsane (Post 64703741)
I can see Brent Seabrook or Ryan O'byrne as solution but Bourque or Desharnais are key to acquire RHD with two way skills

R u putting seabrook and o'byrne at he same level ?? Cause if u do the your out of your mind !! O'byrne has nothing close to offensive skills lolll

Maxpac 04-26-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrinsane (Post 64703741)
I can see Brent Seabrook or Ryan O'byrne as solution but Bourque or Desharnais are key to acquire RHD with two way skills

Wow, you're terrible :laugh:

OP forgot to mention that the defensive that we want has to play MEAN. We have Gorges, we don't need a 2nd one.

Frozen Failure 04-26-2013 08:06 PM

I'll trade you Larsen for... uh... something? Got a center?

allan5oh 04-26-2013 08:08 PM

Hainsey will probably be available July 5th.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.