HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Boston or Toronto (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1413377)

Chfan 04-26-2013 03:23 PM

Boston or Toronto
 
If they somehow play each other, which one would you prefer root for to win for IF YOU HAD TO choose a side. Obviously, the 'Neither' option would be the most popular, that's why it's not in the choices. Which one do you ''hate'' less basically.

Draft 04-26-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chfan (Post 64715237)
If they somehow play each other, which one would you prefer cheering for IF YOU HAD TO choose a side. Obviously, the 'Neither' option would be the most popular, that's why it's not in the choices. Which one do you ''hate'' less basically.

Toronto because they're Canadian. Phaneuf has never broken any of our players' necks either. So much hate for both.

bcv 04-26-2013 03:28 PM

It's not "who I hate less" but more "who I think the Habs have most chances of winning if they play against them".

And the answer is Boston. Toronto is the inferior team, but they have been so lucky against the Habs (and the rest of the NHL for that matter) and as much as I believe it won't hold up in the playoffs, I don't want to take that chance. If it was up to me, I'd rather the Habs play Boston.

habs03 04-26-2013 03:28 PM

I can live with losing to the Bruins, their fans hate guys, but that is because the Bruins have been the Habs ***** for their whole history.

I just can't stand leaf fans, they just full of themselves thinking their are the golden jewel of the league, and the hockey Mecca, when in fact, it really don't have anything to do with their origination, but rather the city the play in.

Frank Drebin 04-26-2013 03:30 PM

Boston. As impossible as it sounds I think they are my second favorite team. Them, or anyone who plays the leafs.:D

Chfan 04-26-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habs03 (Post 64715445)
I can live with losing to the Bruins, their fans hate guys, but that is because the Bruins have been the Habs ***** for their whole history.

I just can't stand leaf fans, they just full of themselves thinking their are the golden jewel of the league, and the hockey Mecca, when in fact, it really don't have anything to do with their origination, but rather the city the play in.

I agree with that.

Hate the Bruins, hate some of their fans, but at least on this board, most of them are intelligent posters and they aren't as self-centered as Leafs fans that goes around every topic to say that 'statistically they're the best team in the East'.

Hackett 04-26-2013 03:34 PM

This year, the answer is quite easy, I think.

I'd rather see boston win. Their city could use some playoff excitement after what happened.

Other years, it might be more difficult to say. It would probably come down to which team/fanbase I find more annoying for that specific year.

Habs88 04-26-2013 03:34 PM

Toronto defiantly even tho I wouldn't be scared to go against Boston either since we usually do good vs Boston in the playoffs. However I choose Toronto because even in our blowouts we outplayed them and got more shots on net....we looked much worse vs philli, caps, pens those were blowouts. Plus I don't really hate Toronto, theirs this old rivalry their that Toronto fans think is worse than Montreal Boston. Some people are really delusional

hockeyman* 04-26-2013 03:37 PM

I ****ing hate the bruins, but at moments I can respect them.

Leafs can go **** themselves most "Holy art tho" BS I've heard from a team and its fan base. Not gonna vote tho, refuse to cheer for either.

AllanMTL46 04-26-2013 03:38 PM

None, just none. I hate the B's more because of that rivalry in the past decade, but I still damn hate the Laffs and their arrogant fan base every single year.

Coldplay 04-26-2013 03:38 PM

Toronto AND IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE. (my favourite HF cliche)

The fact the Bruins are getting any kind of sympathy is mind-numbing!

I hate Boston much more than I will ever hate Toronto.

Moroccan 04-26-2013 03:38 PM

I hate them both. Yes I know "hate" is a strong word and I meant it!
So I don't care who wins it. I hope they break each other bones and lose as many players as possible due to injuries.

habtastic 04-26-2013 03:40 PM

God, what a horrible choice. If you mean against each other, boston. But the word cheer would not be a way to describe my sentiments.

Let's first make this situation happen!

Valois 04-26-2013 03:41 PM

Boston. Toronto fans get on my nerves to no end, especially the ones in Ottawa. Boston is also the better team than Toronto and I respect that. Their fans are more respectful than TO fans in my experience and yet they have way more reason to be cocky. Rivalry aside I find it hard to really hate Boston except for the Chara hit on Pacioretty. They're fun to watch when they're not facing a team I like and they also have a few old Ottawa players (Habs and Sens are my favourite teams).

Habs88 04-26-2013 03:43 PM

You see that's where I disagree I truly hate Boston people are gonna say well how can you say hate and blah blah blah.. But I hate them with every inch of my body (if that makes sense) but I don't hate Toronto I hate their delusional fans, but I won't give them the pleasure of being anywhere close to Montreal Boston and it never will be. Maybe if the leafs in the last 40 years would have played good enough hockey to compete with the rest of the NHL then maybe, but they haven't and haven't been rivals or even competitors for years. This year is not gonna change that for me.

Sorry for the rant lol

Coldplay 04-26-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habtastic (Post 64715979)
God, what a horrible choice. If you mean against each other, boston. But the word cheer would not be a way to describe my sentiments.

Let's first make this situation happen!

Agreed on the use of the word "cheer".

I would root for the Bruins to lose against anyone and everyone. Beyond that, I'd do the same for the Leafs. But the Bruins don't get a rah-rah from me, ever.

Andrighetto Fabolous 04-26-2013 03:45 PM

Boston.

I absolutely hate them but they have a talented team and I respect that they're good. Toronto fans have been beyond annoying by just making the playoffs finally, can't imagine how annoying they'd be if they somehow beat Boston. Can just picture how many terrible threads would be on the main board if Toronto beat Boston.

Bruinswillwin77 04-26-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chfan (Post 64715585)
I agree with that.

Hate the Bruins, hate some of their fans, but at least on this board, most of them are intelligent posters and they aren't as self-centered as Leafs fans that goes around every topic to say that 'statistically they're the best team in the East'.

Haha that's funny because I feel the same way about you guys and 100% agree with your comment about Leafs fans...

HeShootsHeScores 04-26-2013 03:48 PM

I would want boston to win. Leafs are way too cocky for what they have not done yet. At least the bruins are a legitimate good team.

LyleOdelein 04-26-2013 03:50 PM

Leafs by a very, very wide margin.

Habs88 04-26-2013 03:52 PM

Oh wow I completely misread the op sorry for my stupid posts. My new answer is I wouldn't cheer for any of them simple as that.

habsprospects 04-26-2013 03:53 PM

Choosing/hoping for an opponent is bad luck.

WeThreeKings 04-26-2013 05:29 PM

Toronto.

Boston has so many despicable human beings on their team.

68 04-26-2013 05:50 PM

I can't vote. I hate them both. I hope we play the Leafs and destroy the **** out of them.

Price My Man Crush 04-26-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68 (Post 64721009)
I can't vote. I hate them both. I hope we play the Leafs and destroy the **** out of them.

I can't vote for the same reason. One does not simply root for Boston or Toronto when you're a Habs fan.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.