HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: P. Kane for E.Kane + Bogosian (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1413819)

A1LeafNation 04-27-2013 12:34 AM

P. Kane for E.Kane + Bogosian

At the draft:

To Chicago: E. Kane + Bogosian

To Winnipeg: P. Kane

Gootie 04-27-2013 12:34 AM

How about no

MurrayBannerman 04-27-2013 12:35 AM

How about no, again.

rockinghockey 04-27-2013 12:35 AM

WIN would be crazy to give that much up for him. How did you think this up?

A1LeafNation 04-27-2013 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gootie (Post 64744011)
How about no

What would Winnipeg have to add? I would like to see P. Kane in a Jets uniform.

deytookerjaabs 04-27-2013 12:36 AM

No, no no no, no.

Gootie 04-27-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A1LeafNation (Post 64744049)
What would Winnipeg have to add? I would like to see P. Kane in a Jets uniform.

One of Crosby, Malkin, etc

MurrayBannerman 04-27-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gootie (Post 64744143)
One of Crosby, Malkin, etc

Ryan Miller or David Krejci :sarcasm:

Gootie 04-27-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman (Post 64744183)
Ryan Miller or David Krejci :sarcasm:

They're gonna have to add a 2nd round pick to even it out

MurrayBannerman 04-27-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gootie (Post 64744267)
They're gonna have to add a 2nd round pick to even it out

Well duh. They'll obviously be re-acquriing one when they reunite Kaner with Ganger.

Gootie 04-27-2013 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman (Post 64744495)
Well duh. They'll obviously be re-acquriing one when they reunite Kaner with Ganger.

I heard that Henry Staal said Jared was the most talented growing up

Riptide 04-27-2013 01:06 AM

Why does Winnipeg do this? They lose their best forward (and get a better (but smaller) forward back) and lose their most promising defenseman.

From Chicago's point of view, yes I'd do this in a heart beat. The downgrade from Kane to Kane is easily made up by Bogo's presence. But this makes absolutely zero sense from Winnipeg's perspective. They need more good young players - not less.

Absolutely god awful proposal.

MurrayBannerman 04-27-2013 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gootie (Post 64744565)
I heard that Henry Staal said Jared was the most talented growing up

Henry Staal, world renowned talent evaluator

A1LeafNation 04-27-2013 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riptide (Post 64744659)
Why does Winnipeg do this? They lose their best forward (and get a better (but smaller) forward back) and lose their most promising defenseman.

From Chicago's point of view, yes I'd do this in a heart beat. The downgrade from Kane to Kane is easily made up by Bogo's presence. But this makes absolutely zero sense from Winnipeg's perspective. They need more good young players - not less.

Absolutely god awful proposal.

Chicago fans say no. Winnipeg fans say no. Maybe its an actually fair deal...Winnipeg needs more top line players.

Riptide 04-27-2013 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A1LeafNation (Post 64744733)
Chicago fans say no. Winnipeg fans say no. Maybe its an actually fair deal...Winnipeg needs more top line players.

They also need more depth, and some better D. This type of move makes sense for a team that's contending. It doesn't make sense for a team like Winnipeg who's building for the future. And the future of that team is Kane, Bogo, etc.

Hawker14 04-27-2013 01:15 AM

Done deal. !!

Winnipeg immediately becomes a higher end team.

Anyone else wanna offer their superstars ?!!

Smokey McCanucks 04-27-2013 01:21 AM

If that deal were to happen, which it wouldn't, Chicago would have won it hands down.

deytookerjaabs 04-27-2013 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riptide (Post 64744659)
From Chicago's point of view, yes I'd do this in a heart beat. The downgrade from Kane to Kane is easily made up by Bogo's presence.

Yeah, cuz, y'know, we're really struggling at D while having the fewest goals allowed in the league with Crawford/Emery in net.

Smokey McCanucks 04-27-2013 01:24 AM

If that deal were to happen, which it wouldn't, Chicago would have won it hands down.

Quote:

Winnipeg needs more top line players.
So they trade their best young forward AND best young d-man for one moderately better forward? Sure Kane is better than Kane, but Kane also brings a physical edge and well-rounded game that Kane does not. And do you think a guy like Kane is gonna be happy in Winnipeg? Look at all the rumours about Kane as it is! It's craziness I tell you, and to throw Bogosian in is just nuts.

deytookerjaabs 04-27-2013 01:27 AM

E. Kane isn't a slight downgrade. He's in the Southwest division and being outdone by Ladd and Wheeler so far this season! By FAR the worst division hockey in terms of any presence of defense. The downgrade is far bigger than fans who hate P. Kane are willing to admit.

ChesapeakeRipper 04-27-2013 01:37 AM

wow, Winnipeg is getting ripped off. I'd rather have Evander and Bogo on my team rather than Patrick Kane. Don't get me wrong, P.Kane is a good player but having E.Kane and Bogo is better than P.Kane on any team.

Don't kid yourselves Hawks fans, P.Kane isn't on the same level as Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos or Ovie.

If I was Chicago, I'd take this deal and run.

Smokey McCanucks 04-27-2013 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs (Post 64745023)
E. Kane isn't a slight downgrade. He's in the Southwest division and being outdone by Ladd and Wheeler so far this season! By FAR the worst division hockey in terms of any presence of defense. The downgrade is far bigger than fans who hate P. Kane are willing to admit.

He was playing through a couple fairly serious injuries by the sound of things.

vBurmi 04-27-2013 02:12 AM

Hell no. You think Patrick Kane is going to have more success playing with Miettinen than Evander Kane did? To the Jets P. Kane has no more value than E. Kane and they're certainly not going to add a young top-pairing defenseman to make the swap.

Romang67 04-27-2013 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs (Post 64745023)

All while playing with talented playmakers and all around all-stars like Olli Jokinen, Kyle Wellwood and Antti Miettinen! Bust!

H a w k s 04-27-2013 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RememberTwice (Post 64745219)
wow, Winnipeg is getting ripped off. I'd rather have Evander and Bogo on my team rather than Patrick Kane. Don't get me wrong, P.Kane is a good player but having E.Kane and Bogo is better than P.Kane on any team.

Don't kid yourselves Hawks fans, P.Kane isn't on the same level as Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos or Ovie.

If I was Chicago, I'd take this deal and run.

Yes because, the hawks a team that is trying to win titles. Should possibly trade by the end of this season a guy who may have a second ring on his fingers and a hart trophy. for two albeit relatively high potential players that despite that have never been to the playoffs. Genius!