HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Post Game Talk: Pens vs. Canes: Thank you Pens! One hell of a season. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1414439)

ColePens 04-27-2013 09:08 PM

Pens vs. Canes: Thank you Pens! One hell of a season.

First and foremost - unreal season. Huge credit to Dan Bylsma for a lot of in-season adjustments. Huge props to Shero for saying "all-in". And huge props to the players for taking ownership of this year so far.

Now.... all that matters is this playoff run. That's simply all that matters.

Plus

+ Geno with Neal and Kunitz: Please dear lord do not change this line. They are un-****ing-believable. This line looks like they didn't miss a beat from the regular season last year. That also gets Iggy with Sid.

Kunitz adding that grinding ability to this line makes it run. It's like an expensive sports car. On the outside you have Neal and Geno that make it the dynamic and top of the line, but you still need gas to go anywhere. That is #14. He does all the small things needed on that line. You need a chip off the boards? Kunitz has it. You need someone to backcheck or forecheck? #14 will do it.

This line was so ****ing good.

+ Sutter with Cooke and Morrow: Man that line just trolls all over teams. I love what they bring. We discussed it a lot last game and I can't wait to see them in playoff mode. I really like that line.

+ Jussi: All he does is produce. What else can I say?

Minus

- D zone: D-zone was a bit of an issue and needs cleaned up before Wednesday arrives. Just simply that. I have faith in the group. They've responded well to bad defensive zone games before.

- 4th line: What the hell is going? Glass, Adams, and TK are all terrible. I trust Adams will elevate his playoff game. He's done it every year. But Glass/TK are BAD.

- Despres: I hate to give the kid crap. He was amazing for half the year and is a future star for this team. He just fell apart and couldn't maintain his strength at the NHL level. This offseason needs to be dedicated to strength building. He needs it.

Food for thought....

Beau Bennett: 26 Games played: 3 goals, 11 assists, 14 pts. +7
Tyler Kennedy: 45 Games played: 6 goals, 5 assists, 11 pts. -5

IcedCapp 04-27-2013 09:09 PM

don't know if anyone saw this in the GDT, but can someone please DM me a link to the ROOT stream, I wanna watch Shirts off their Backs.

#SOPO #RockHard

66-29-33 04-27-2013 09:09 PM

My Appreciation thread and this thread are different, please don't lock or merge the threads.

nTsplnk* 04-27-2013 09:09 PM

Despres was terrible. Absolutely awful. This is why he was scratched during tough games.

What an awesome effort by the forward group tonight. Great way to end season

bathroomSTAAL 04-27-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcedCapp (Post 64799659)
don't know if anyone saw this in the GDT, but can someone please DM me a link to the ROOT stream, I wanna watch Shirts off their Backs.

#SOPO #RockHard

As I understand it they will be wearing tshirts or shoulder pads under the jerseys so it's really not worth it

bathroomSTAAL 04-27-2013 09:10 PM

- someone neglected to contain the Juice, and as a consequence the Juice became Loose

Ogrezilla 04-27-2013 09:10 PM

http://www.whatsupyasieve.com/wp-con...james-neal.jpg

+its playoff time

domaug* 04-27-2013 09:10 PM

- me *****ing about a suggestion over goaltending (which, in my defense, i understand would (and should) not happen at all)

+ everyone else

-- since the Flames are my alternate team (at least to root for someone in the West while the Pens don't play), i'm a little bummed that their season wasn't as much of a failure as those of the Preds, Canes, and other tankers. they'll have to "suffer" by settling for a top-10 pick instead of a top-5 pick.

fate 04-27-2013 09:10 PM

+ no OTLs this year

Polaris Husky 04-27-2013 09:11 PM

+ No Loser Points.

IcedCapp 04-27-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bathroomSTAAL (Post 64799807)
As I understand it they will be wearing tshirts or shoulder pads under the jerseys so it's really not worth it

I have an active, vivid imagination.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogrezilla (Post 64799915)

:laugh:

LGP6687 04-27-2013 09:11 PM

They just left Peters in to get spanked hard.

NastyNick 04-27-2013 09:11 PM

so who is sitting for Jokinen in the PO? One of DB's boys has to go. Glass, Adams, or TK

domaug* 04-27-2013 09:12 PM

also, just now:

+ Potash screamed like he thought his mic died "JAMES NEAL!!!" :laugh:

fate 04-27-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NastyNick (Post 64800123)
so who is sitting for Jokinen in the PO? One of DB's boys has to go. Glass, Adams, or TK

probably TK

SgtHatred 04-27-2013 09:13 PM

+
http://i.imgur.com/fVFkxod.gif

- It's not Wednesday

Candyman 04-27-2013 09:13 PM

Can someone send me a link to the shirt off their backs?

Polaris Husky 04-27-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtHatred (Post 64800423)
+
http://i.imgur.com/fVFkxod.gif

- It's not Wednesday

His visor totally needs to turn dark at the end of that .gif.

DoktorZaius 04-27-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fate (Post 64800251)
probably TK

TK for sure. I'd love to see Glass sit for BB, but it probably won't happen.

Al Smith 04-27-2013 09:15 PM

Don't want to gush about this game; same as not getting too upset about last two losses. Still,

+Neal - HT in 13+ minutes
+Geno - only played 16+ minutes
+Martin - Did OK for first game in a month

+ Just about everyone else.

- Despres - Yikes, noticeably bad tonight
- Niskanen - He's slipped a bit lately
- Westgarth two goals?

pistolpete11 04-27-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NastyNick (Post 64800123)

Hopefully TK AND Glass with Sid and BB both in the lineup. Adams isn't going anywhere.

SM17 04-27-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candyman (Post 64800425)
Can someone send me a link to the shirt off their backs?

Check your PM's

Darth Vitale 04-27-2013 09:17 PM

Agree with Cole 100% on the Kunitz - Geno - Neal line. It's arguably one of the top two or three lines in the league when everyone's healthy. Sid will be just fine without Kunitz. Dupuis - Sid - Iginla is so logical at this point and so obvious that it will be hard not to be pissed if they muck with it.

Can't even move Morrow up now because Morrow - Sutter - Cooke looks so damn good too (great playoff line potentially).

+ Great season, finished on a strong note and got the guys who have been out some scoring and confidence.

+ Cooke's goal was awesome and hilarious at the same time. That might've been the worst single effort by a D and G on one play I've seen all season though. Including some of Orpik's finer moments earlier this year. Holy **** is that embarrassing for those guys. :laugh:

+ Despite a bad game and a scratch, I'm giving +'s to Elmer and Beauner for showing some great skills this year and giving the years ahead the promise of some legit, affordable talent. Goodbye Kennedy you suck. Thanks for proving me right.

Sty1877 04-27-2013 09:17 PM

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiits playoff time!!!

Al Smith 04-27-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pistolpete11 (Post 64800779)
Hopefully TK AND Glass with Sid and BB both in the lineup. Adams isn't going anywhere.

Bylsma reserved a place at the kid's table in the Press Box for BB throughout the playoffs.