HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Tampa Bay Lightning (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   2013 NHL Draft Discussion Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1414787)

notdave 04-27-2013 02:14 PM

2013 NHL Draft Discussion Thread
 
Lightning are sitting at third spot right now.

Drouin feeding Stamkos for the next X years is just scary, with you lot joining the division next year.

The Macho Man 04-27-2013 10:21 PM

Lottery Odds

1. — 25.0%
2. — 18.8%
3. — 14.2%
4. — 10.7%
5.— 8.1%
6. — 6.2%
7. — 4.7%
8.— 3.6%
9. — 2.7%
10. — 2.1%
11. — 1.5%
12. — 1.1%
13. — 0.8%
14. — 0.5%

This means Tampa has a 43.8% chance of picking #3, 14.2% chance of picking #1, and a 42% chance of picking #4.

Cigar City 04-28-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders (Post 64801613)
Lottery Odds

1. — 25.0%
2. — 18.8%
3. — 14.2%
4. — 10.7%
5.— 8.1%
6. — 6.2%
7. — 4.7%
8.— 3.6%
9. — 2.7%
10. — 2.1%
11. — 1.5%
12. — 1.1%
13. — 0.8%
14. — 0.5%

This means Tampa has a 43.8% chance of picking #3, 14.2% chance of picking #1, and a 42% chance of picking #4.


I don't think odds work like that... Am I wrong?

Wouldn't that mean that Florida has a 25% chance of picking first, and a 75% chance of picking second?

EDIT: Okay, now I've confused myself.

The Macho Man 04-28-2013 12:14 AM

If Colorado or Florida win the lottery, we're still in 3rd. If we win, we move up to first. If anyone else wins, they move up to 1 and we drop to 4 behind Florida and Colorado.

Cigar City 04-28-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders (Post 64811145)
If Colorado or Florida win the lottery, we're still in 3rd. If we win, we move up to first. If anyone else wins, they move up to 1 and we drop to 4 behind Florida and Colorado.

I think I was in denial of your numbers, but it was logical upon further evaluation.

In reality, the odds are probably

Oilers: 100%

Everyone else: 0%.

Stamkos Intolerant 04-28-2013 12:46 AM

Drouin!!

LightningStrikes 04-28-2013 03:46 AM

2013 NHL Draft Discussion Thread
 
Since we're not picking #5 I closed the Draft Poll and moved a couple of posts here.

Official lottery info: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=658503

Draft lottery will be held on Monday, April 29th.
All seven rounds of the Draft will be held on Sunday, June 30th with TV coverage starting at 3 PM ET.

Quote:

The draft gets underway at 3 p.m. ET as James Duthie hosts live coverage in Canada on TSN direct from the draft floor along with TSN's panel of experts. RDS will present exclusive French-language coverage throughout Canada. In the U.S., NBC Sports Network presents live coverage starting at 3 p.m. ET, while NHL Network in the U.S. continues live late-round coverage starting at 8 p.m. ET.

Stamkos Intolerant 04-28-2013 09:36 AM

So, if we fall to fourth, who will we draft? Barkov or Nichushkin?

Stammer Time 04-28-2013 09:59 AM

My order of preference would be...

1. Jones
2. Mackinnon
3. Drouin
4. Barkov

If we pick 4th I would probably look to trade the pick for a package that includes a young NHL ready defenseman. If we pick top 3 I'm fine with anybody.

The Hulk 04-28-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Death Taxes Conacher (Post 64826741)
My order of preference would be...

1. Jones
2. Mackinnon
3. Drouin
4. Barkov

If we pick 4th I would probably look to trade the pick for a package that includes a young NHL ready defenseman. If we pick top 3 I'm fine with anybody.

I agree with this

Cigar City 04-28-2013 12:07 PM

I ran a lottery simulation a few times to see what I got for an outcome.

FWIW:

1st Run: Avs
2nd Run: Avs
3rd Run: Hurricanes

IPreferPi 04-28-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Death Taxes Conacher (Post 64826741)

If we pick 4th I would probably look to trade the pick for a package that includes a young NHL ready defenseman.

Yotes fan coming in peace. Would you at all be interested in a package centered on Gormley if the Bolts did indeed drop to 4th?

HotPaquette 04-28-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPreferPi (Post 64830703)
Yotes fan coming in peace. Would you at all be interested in a package centered on Gormley if the Bolts did indeed drop to 4th?

I think so, but it would involve moving down in this draft for us.

Stammer Time 04-28-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPreferPi (Post 64830703)
Yotes fan coming in peace. Would you at all be interested in a package centered on Gormley if the Bolts did indeed drop to 4th?

I would definitely. Yzerman passed on Gormley when we had little in the way of defensive prospects so he might not be interested though.

Stamkos Intolerant 04-28-2013 12:41 PM

Samuel Morin is the real deal. He's got the size, and he's fantastic with his stick in his own end. He would be the perfect 2nd round pick for this team. Hopefully he's still around at #33, his draft stock is rising quickly because of his play this tournament (u18 WC).

Jacko95 04-28-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Bayless (Post 64832125)
Samuel Morin is the real deal. He's got the size, and he's fantastic with his stick in his own end. He would be the perfect 2nd round pick for this team. Hopefully he's still around at #33, his draft stock is rising quickly because of his play this tournament (u18 WC).

I'm not a big fan of guys that big, for some reason, they always seem to be less physical than expected (with some exceptions of course) and they are just so slow. I prefer guys around 6'2 to 6'4.

It would be soooo awesome if Mirko Mόller would drop to us in the 2nd round or we could move up a little to get him. I really think he can go everywhere between 15 and 33 eh early 2nd round :sarcasm:

2 Weekes Notice 04-28-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPreferPi (Post 64830703)
Yotes fan coming in peace. Would you at all be interested in a package centered on Gormley if the Bolts did indeed drop to 4th?

Really think the Yotes and Bolts make great trading partners. I can't speculate on who would be involved (The 4th is a decent possibility, though), but I keep coming back to the premise.

Jacko95 04-28-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPreferPi (Post 64830703)
Yotes fan coming in peace. Would you at all be interested in a package centered on Gormley if the Bolts did indeed drop to 4th?

Gormley would be awesome, but what would you want?

I doubt you are willing to pay Gormley and your first for our first (4th overall) right?

IPreferPi 04-28-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacko95 (Post 64841229)
Gormley would be awesome, but what would you want?

I doubt you are willing to pay Gormley and your first for our first (4th overall) right?

I'd probably be the only Yotes fan that would offer that if I were desperate lol, but realistically, I'd rather not give up both together unless it was MacKinnon sitting there (in which case I'm sure you guys, much less any team, would just scoop him up). Would be willing to add non-core pieces (i.e. not Yandle, OEL, Hanzal, Boedker, Vrbata), but I don't think the gap in value would ever be made up.

Jacko95 04-28-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPreferPi (Post 64842027)
I'd probably be the only Yotes fan that would offer that if I were desperate lol, but realistically, I'd rather not give up both together unless it was MacKinnon sitting there (in which case I'm sure you guys, much less any team, would just scoop him up). Would be willing to add non-core pieces (i.e. not Yandle, OEL, Hanzal, Boedker, Vrbata), but I don't think the gap in value would ever be made up.

What if we add another forward prospect?
My obvious offer would be JT Brown, as he will be the odd man out in Tampa anyways.
Other guy I would be willing to offer would be Jaroslav Janus, as I don't see a place in the organization for him as well.

Other question, what is Micheal Stones ultimate ceiling and which prospect would it take to get him?

IPreferPi 04-28-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacko95 (Post 64843331)

Other question, what is Micheal Stones ultimate ceiling and which prospect would it take to get him?

I think Stone has solidified himself as a Top 4 d-man with his progress this year. Though he'll never be a OEL with his skating, his skating has made huge strides - it's no longer a deficiency. Huge, accurate shot (5 goals, 2nd only to Yandle among team d-men), very solid in his own end, and can really hit.

In short, Stone is basically a younger version of Derek Morris except without the bad penalties. And he's likely going to replace Morris as Yandle's partner once Morris hits UFA next season. If we were thinking about moving him, we'd probably ask for Killorn.

TASA 04-28-2013 09:03 PM

Since everyone has us taking Drouin if we stick at #3, take a look at this shift!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7YDx0M51WE

MattM92 04-28-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TASA (Post 64859531)
Since everyone has us taking Drouin if we stick at #3, take a look at this shift!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7YDx0M51WE

Love it! Boy has got some dangles

Alivesi 04-28-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TASA (Post 64859531)
Since everyone has us taking Drouin if we stick at #3, take a look at this shift!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7YDx0M51WE

We need a player that goes 100% every shift.

Steve Yzerman 04-28-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alivesi (Post 64860969)
We need a player that goes 100% every shift.

I expect Cooper to improve on that with a full offseason and training camp.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:45 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.