Last Western Hurrah! | Official Playoff Avatar Pickup and Request Thread
For those who haven't yet requested an avatar:
1. Request an image
2. Request a phrase consistent with a "Last Western Hurrah!/One more time" theme (i.e. "Become great", "Prove your mettle").
3. Check back to this thread periodically. I will put your name on the list once it is finished.
For those who need clarification: The reservations are to be used for first rights to a specific player picture, phrase or idea, as well as how they want the format to be specifically for themselves. Not one poster will have strict rights to any specific player. If you want a player who has already been chosen, you may be allowed to choose that player.
For those who have requested an avatar already:
1. Please check the list below to make sure your avatar was included
2. Notify me via PM of any mistakes (such as the spelling or numbers) to clear this thread of any clutter
3. If your avatar isn't working (not animating, not uploading), let me know and I will make sure your avatar is of the correct size and in the correct format
4. If your requested phrase wasn't consistent with the theme or too long, I made slight changes so it would fit with the theme and in the dimensions of the avatar. This can be changed if necessary without penalty.
5. If you change your mind on what player or phrase you originally decided on, I will attempt to make you a new one, but be advised your request will be put behind those who have requested for the first time, so keep this in mind when requesting a second avatar.
6. Above all else, enjoy!
Western Slang for the Western Theme (Thanks to Bench):
Requests and Avatars:
4. Dolph Lundgren
12. Cyborg Yzerman
15. Frozen Fiend
16. The Nose
22. Frk It
24. Winged Nut
25. Trvp Lord
26. 19 for president
27. Mort Divine
37. Big Poppa Puck
53. The Zetterberg Era
54. Chris 84
55. Melbourne Ice
58. Cyborg Yzerman
63. Tomas W
65. Bob Probert Owns You
66. hyduK (last one finished)
If you have any general questions, please feel free to PM me.
with something like "there's a new sheriff in Hockeytown".
With the phrase "Lay down the law", please and thank you.
You Tell Them I'm Coming!
Something along the lines of "Be The Oldest" or "Be Old and Washed Up"
and thank you for doing this! Your avatars always turn out great!:handclap:
"I have vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals." - Butch Cassidy
I'm thinking that's too long, unfortunately, so "I have vision" may have to suffice.
Threw together a quick Datsyuk in Cassidy's bowler set the stage for the visual.
Here's a list of Western slang and lingo, alphabetized, to help people come up with ideas.
Hey, can you put these photos with these sayings for my avatar? Thanks!
"If you want to shoot, shoot..."
Nevermind...Bench, you genius.
Burn the Breeze - Ride at full speed.
Earn Our Pay
Earn Our Place
Acknowledge the Corn
would work better if I could find a good picture of Cleary and Babcock together or Cleary doing something useless but ah well
thanks to bench for the link
Acknowledge the Corn - To admit the truth, to confess a lie, or acknowledge an obvious personal shortcoming.
Requesting a DeKeyser one myself, I'll edit this post with a pic and quote later.
Thanks a million, I love it.
Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway.
Hopefully the quote isn't too long.
"Dance with the thugs...one last time"
Thanks for doing these!
So I may need some help with my idea... I go to Western Michigan University, so obviously i'm a huge DD fan. I'm trying to think up a way to involve the idea that DD is from Western Michigan University, and our theme.
I was thinking maybe something like this photo with a line that says 'Westerns Finest'? Maybe? Idk...
edit: Some ideas i'm getting...
"The best in the West... one last time"
"Western's Finest.... one last time"
Any of those sound good? I feel like i'm over thinking them. Also, Doc is the most awesome poster on the Wings board. Thanks for doing this!
"Real good... one last time."
Bring the Sexy
"Bed Him Down" - To kill a man.
"Learn from Dr. Realgood"
Yeah, I don't really have any good ideas at all? Are we allowed to just put an avatar up at random or we have to post our own pic/slogan?
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 PM.|
vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.