HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   For the 2013 campaign, I was most disappointed ________ (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1415545)

jBuds 04-29-2013 12:34 AM

For the 2013 campaign, I was most disappointed ________

By who? With what? In what? By what? That...what? Fill it in. Could be a player, an outcome, a hope that fell short... Take it where you'd like.

What was the most disappointing thing - player, outcome, mood, temperament, what have you - to you after the '13 season commenced?

Better Call Saul 04-29-2013 12:37 AM

Tyler Myers.

jBuds 04-29-2013 12:43 AM

By the total lackluster performance by the team for the first 2/3 of the year?

In drew stafford

That Tyler Myers regressed again

In how the Miller relationship with the fans and city (and play on ice) deteriorated

A million things....

drinking bleach irl 04-29-2013 12:45 AM

they didn't win the cup.

koarl 04-29-2013 01:11 AM

By our defense.

I always thought they were bad the year after we lost Tallinder and Lydman. After they signed my preferred defenseman (Ehrhoff) and brought in Regehr I thought they would have a really good defense with Sekera and Myers growing up and loads of young defensemen in the pipeline.

But Regehr didn't live up to his expectations, Leopold was really bad, Myers was equally bad. Ehrhoff and Sekera were average. Sulzer and Pardy were useless, only Weber turned his game around, Pysyk was exciting. However, the hole dug with veteran defensemen Leopold&Regehr on the team was too big for that short season.

Now we might end up trading for another Top4 D-man instead of filling needs in the forward group.

Sure, certain forwards also played bad this season, but the 2.90 goals against per game combined with a league worst 33.5 shots against per game just can't be matched by our offense, if they are playing in their own end most of the time...

Imlach a cup 04-29-2013 01:19 AM

3) that I only made it to 1 game this season

2) that it was personnal choice I only made it to 1 game

3) Tyre Fyres, I never buy jerseys with names and numbers except his, now Im paranoid about getting a Hodgson jersey

jBuds 04-29-2013 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imlach a cup (Post 64880855)
3) that I only made it to 1 game this season

2) that it was personnal choice I only made it to 1 game

3) Tyre Fyres, I never buy jerseys with names and numbers except his, now Im paranoid about getting a Hodgson jersey

interesting numbering...what was #1? :sarcasm:

Imlach a cup 04-29-2013 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jBuds (Post 64881125)
interesting numbering...what was #1? :sarcasm:

I was so disappointed I couldn't attach a 1 to anything Myers. Myers was so disappointing. He's got Norris ability and yet flails around like he just took a bar skank to bed.

wunderpanda 04-29-2013 03:59 AM

That Ruff wasn't fired in January (we would be in the playoffs with Rolstons extended winning %)

Juni 04-29-2013 04:21 AM

Often.

jayintro86 04-29-2013 04:53 AM

that Pegula thinks Hockey Heaven can be built by Darcy Regier(hockey side).

that Foligno became another zombie on skates for the most part like Stafford.

that Pominville got crushed by the pressure of the captaincy and the leadership role has again been taken over by an outsider (Ott, Rivet)

that Columbus and Toronto have more hope for their teams than we do.

side note (I predict Brendan Morrow will be a Sabre cause of Ott)

Corto 04-29-2013 06:18 AM

Stafford. (outside of that one season, he really has been either mediocre or really bad)

Ennis (trade while he still has value, has Afinogenov/Stafford written all over him).

Myers. (regressed so much I'm genuinely afraid he'll never be anything more than a #3 on a contending team... which isn't bad, but is pretty awful for a guy projected to be a franchise D-man on that kind of a contract)

Silence Of The Plams 04-29-2013 06:45 AM

Stafford :( could be a beast but is so inconsistent...

Also upset that we managed our rookie prospects poorly

Jacob582 04-29-2013 06:52 AM

....that many of the players weren't committed to doing what it takes to win.

....that more changes didn't happen last summer (or the summer before).

MayDay 04-29-2013 06:56 AM

Having the worst season in a decade and still not gettin a top 5 draft pick.

Clock 04-29-2013 06:59 AM

Tyler Myers. Way to step into that contract.

The reinforcement of the trend that the Sabres will reliably **** the bed after 1/4 of the season and bury themselves, only to seemingly get it together at the tail end of the season.

Ennis.

slip 04-29-2013 07:07 AM

Team defense. What a joke.

OkimLom 04-29-2013 08:00 AM

Only REAL disappointment - Darcy is still GM of the Buffalo Sabres. Everything else is tied to him. Players, personnel, makeup of team...Everything on the Hockey side and he still has a job here.

I can understand why Terry and Ted kept Darcy, and I somewhat could get on board with their explanation. But to see a team and its players' skills and energy deteriorate so quickly in the 3 years Terry has owned the team should be big red flags. I can see if these were a handful of guys but it seemed to be MOST if not all the players. What worries me, is the energy the young guys showed(Pysyk, Flynn, Porter) could could go away like the energy shown from the past young kids(Myers, Foligno, Ennis) only Ennis, Foligno, and Myers have more skill.

Sure this falls on the players, but at the same time your GM needs to be able to know how the locker room is behaving so he can tweak his roster. But I don't think Darcy has any clue what is going on in there. I think his lack of quality moves to change things, shows this. This attitude and quality of play was not a a small sample of the season, it was this whole season and started showing through all the way from two years ago.

Nothing will change until we see changes from management and the men who make the roster decisions.

Of course this is my opinion

stokes84 04-29-2013 08:05 AM

Myers, Foligno, Stafford, Sekera, Leino

Sabresfansince1980 04-29-2013 08:31 AM

Myers

Foligno

I didn't have enough expectations from anyone else to end up disappointed by them.

Chainshot 04-29-2013 08:52 AM

The winnger? That Pegula/Black continue to show faith in Regier's stewardship of a terrible on-ice product.

--------------------------------------------------------

Others for consideration:

That Regier didn't sack Ruff when he seemingly lost the team last year and then waiting until they were nearly dead before finally pulling the plug this year.

Regier's inability to replace Derek Roy or Paul Gaustad's role with a capable body.

Tyler Myers seemingly being out of condition again and hurt... again.

That the forwards had to be shown by two AHL-recalls how to come back deep enough in their own zone to A) defend and B) give the defensemen an outlet pass.

That the assistant coaches still have jobs after the abominable specialty teams display of the just completed season.

Not landing at the very top of the draft (3.6% chance lottery pending) despite how crap this team was.

Potentially worse next year.

Waiting through the lockout to be subjected to bland, boring, poor hockey.

Drew Stafford's shooting percentage.

Tyler Ennis as a checking center.

Robyn Regehr as a physical player.

Jordan Leopold as a player.

My job.

JPurp26 04-29-2013 09:16 AM

no play offs no top 3 pick

no cup

kirby11 04-29-2013 09:27 AM

Regier's handling of grigs
Regier's inability to acquire anyone to replace roy/goose
Regier's refusal to fire ruff until pegula told him to (Gee, anyone notice a trend in what's disappointing?)
Pegula/Black not canning DR (yet, I hope)
The fact that if we trade vanek, we will have literally one player who's had a 20 goal season on our team
How the **** is this much incompetence allowed in a job?

Players:
Myers' continued struggles
Stafford
Zombie Foligno
Gerbe should be in the AHL
Hodgson's/Ennis' defensive deficiencies
Leino's injuries

stokes84 04-29-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirby11 (Post 64888655)
Regier's handling of grigs
Regier's inability to acquire anyone to replace roy/goose
Regier's refusal to fire ruff until pegula told him to (Gee, anyone notice a trend in what's disappointing?)
Pegula/Black not canning DR (yet, I hope)
The fact that if we trade vanek, we will have literally one player who's had a 20 goal season on our team
How the **** is this much incompetence allowed in a job?

Players:
Myers' continued struggles
Stafford
Zombie Foligno
Gerbe should be in the AHL
Hodgson's/Ennis' defensive deficiencies
Leino's injuries

Two, but yes, it's a scary thought.

pigpen65 04-29-2013 09:42 AM

By: Foligno.
For: Lack of fighting / hitting / nastiness, and just general laziness.