HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   May 2 1967 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=141569)

Leaf Lander 05-02-2005 07:06 AM

May 2 1967

38 yrs ago today!!!!!!

We won our last cup!

Scoogs 05-02-2005 08:53 AM

:cry: :cry:

Another will come soon...

:cry: :cry:

BlackBirRd5 05-02-2005 09:07 AM

Sometimes the irrefutable reality of something just flat out sucks... :(

my parents weren't even married yet

Right now I thought of Kerry Fraser's vision and the back of Dave Ellet's leg.. :madfire:

bingo_vodun 05-02-2005 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf Lander
38 yrs ago today!!!!!!

We won our last cup!

I can not see how leafs can win cup, the reason being is simple, our brain (GM) has natural receptacles for the drug FA, as a fact, our brain use to create a chemical that was similar, in turn in completed a bridge if you from our conscious mind (coach) to the sub (players), and vies versa.

Also, the players where not strong because they had higher levels of testosterone, or steroids, men where stronger because the had this natural drug.

here is an interesting note:. the production of this drug, or natural THC being created by the brain can be reestablished with some understanding and realization for the players. now I donít want to say to much, because in all honesty some people should not know things like this, only because they have yet learnt to control there height, as a fact, many assume you are meant to let the height take control of you.

so I will leave it at that, and if there is a problem, it is that pollution, and laziness have caused our brains to stop producing this drug. Consider there where no TV's, no cars, no lights and all that ****, when our brains created this natural chemical. So in short, humans today, are 50% if not weaker then we use to be or can be.

Also consider all of the pollutants we inhale, ingest. all these things stop our body from creating this natural drug, so in turn we have found a plant that has a chemical similar to the one our brain use to create on its own. Polution is bad for our players... that is why no one will want to play in TO.... too bad because I love TO and want to see a leafs cup.

Gros Bill 05-02-2005 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf Lander
38 yrs ago today!!!!!!

We won our last cup!

May 2, 1967 : A dark day for habs fans ...

SENSible1* 05-02-2005 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gros Bill

They've had a couple of good days since. ;)

Volcanologist 05-02-2005 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gros Bill

That's right, eh...I think we beat you guys for our last one. Forgot about that.

CDBOLT 05-02-2005 11:33 AM

Needed to win CUP

Youth-speed-excellent goaltending-no-nonsense coach.SEE BOLTS

Mess 05-02-2005 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDBOLT
Youth-speed-excellent goaltending-no-nonsense coach.SEE BOLTS

Playing in a division with Atlanta, Washington, Carolina and Florida sure doesn't hurt either .. :D

ULF_55 05-02-2005 01:12 PM

Well, I know what I was doing 38 years ago today!!

Seems only like 38 years ago. :biglaugh:

Mess 05-02-2005 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULF_55
Well, I know what I was doing 38 years ago today!!

Seems only like 38 years ago. :biglaugh:

Waiting for George Armstrong to put the Puck into the empty net to secure the 3-1 victory ??

bingo_vodun 05-02-2005 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Messenger
Playing in a division with Atlanta, Washington, Carolina and Florida sure doesn't hurt either .. :D

There is nothing new here, this is old information, and we as leaf fans have done this from day one. Only our ability to retain information, as well as organize it is much grater then monkeys, although a monkey could be thought or trained to do the same.

What I donít understand is how people think animals are dumb, a dog can retain over seven hundred human words, no matter the language, we as humans, and even some of the smartest in the world, can only remember 100 to 300 words. In the average day the common person uses only 74 words while communicating. Dolphins, understand emotions, and gestures witch in turn are expressions of emotions. But domi is worse then an animal sometimes... like during that devils game when he elbowed that guy. It obviously has to do with magnets.

For example Birds know how to understand magnetic fields. They can predict weather much more efficiently, accurately then any computer in the world. To think we are smart is truly naive, although I will say, in the early days like 1500 to 1800 people where much more intelligent then we are now. Proof take a look around, if they where not there, nor would we be, only consider now that they have done so much work for us, we donít learn as they did, because the work has already been done.

just my point of view.

Bulldog fan 05-02-2005 06:41 PM

Quote:

Waiting for George Armstrong to put the Puck into the empty net to secure the 3-1 victory ??

Anyone got a video link? :biglaugh: I'm sorry, I had to. Did they even have computer back then?

tml_4ever 05-02-2005 06:54 PM

woah, that hurt :cry: :cry: :cry:

TrueBlue 05-02-2005 06:57 PM

Quote:

Good point. But the way those teams in their division are stacking their players with awesome high first rounders, Tampa will be seeing some hard games in some near years to come.

Leaf Army 05-02-2005 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bulldog fan
Did they even have computer back then?

I don't know. Do you think they had computers back then?

Bulldog fan 05-02-2005 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf Army
I don't know. Do you think they had computers back then?

I hope I didn't offend you with comedic remark. Actually one of the biggest advances that still used today happened in 1967. That is when IBM invented the floppy ( The Maple Leafs enjoyed it so much they've done it in every playoff since :biglaugh: ). See, I too, know how to google. ;)

Volcanologist 05-02-2005 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bingo_vodun
There is nothing new here, this is old information, and we as leaf fans have done this from day one. Only our ability to retain information, as well as organize it is much grater then monkeys, although a monkey could be thought or trained to do the same.

What I donít understand is how people think animals are dumb, a dog can retain over seven hundred human words, no matter the language, we as humans, and even some of the smartest in the world, can only remember 100 to 300 words. In the average day the common person uses only 74 words while communicating. Dolphins, understand emotions, and gestures witch in turn are expressions of emotions. But domi is worse then an animal sometimes... like during that devils game when he elbowed that guy. It obviously has to do with magnets.

For example Birds know how to understand magnetic fields. They can predict weather much more efficiently, accurately then any computer in the world. To think we are smart is truly naive, although I will say, in the early days like 1500 to 1800 people where much more intelligent then we are now. Proof take a look around, if they where not there, nor would we be, only consider now that they have done so much work for us, we donít learn as they did, because the work has already been done.

just my point of view.

:biglaugh:

You are my new favourite poster.

bingo_vodun 05-02-2005 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PepNCheese
:biglaugh:

You are my new favourite poster.

we use what we know, so in that we know 300 to 400 words. others we have to think about, or lookup. Tie domi probably needs to look up more then others because he's been to too many fights.

Volcanologist 05-02-2005 07:53 PM

Quote:

we use what we know, so in that we know 300 to 400 words. others we have to think about, or lookup.

Speak for yourself. I assure you the average person with any level of decent education knows one hell of a lot more than 400 words.

MacDaddy TLC* 05-02-2005 07:55 PM

I use 100-300 variations of dirty words a day!

bingo_vodun 05-02-2005 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PepNCheese
Speak for yourself. I assure you the average person with any level of decent education knows one hell of a lot more than 400 words.

the average person only uses up to 75 words per day. in the average conversation.

for example that was 13 words, 75 would be a much longer read. in some cases we are required to use more, much like when we are trying to explain something.

intelligence is not how much you know, it is how well you use what you know. Just like in hockey... toronto can't win with players that don't know hockey... eg. Mcabe.

Mess 05-02-2005 08:14 PM

Quote:

just my point of view.

If you're trying to email your National Geographic homework assignment .. I think you have an error in your email address.. as its accidentally ending up posting here. Animal Planet is on a different web site, you can send your post to this address :

If that is not the case perhaps check your keyboard because everything you are posting is coming out as gibberish and nonsense.

and if all that is still not the case then check your meds as you may need to have the strength increased a little.

TrueBlue 05-02-2005 08:27 PM

Quote:

If you're trying to email your National Geographic homework assignment .. I think you have an error in your email address.. as its accidentally ending up posting here. Animal Planet is on a different web site, you can send your post to this address :

If that is not the case perhaps check your keyboard because everything you are posting is coming out as gibberish and nonsense.

and if all that is still not the case then check your meds as you may need to have the strength increased a little.

HA HA HA, that was funny.

bingo_vodun 05-02-2005 08:34 PM

Quote:

I get wrong opinions like yours 4, and 6 and some times 9. it could also be a habit, of looking at the clock. Or a old memory of an even already passed, only you missed it, and now the only remaining member is the time. Like a reflex.

Not sure, but I get it to, only with three different time.